Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 14th, 2014

Old 05-28-2013, 02:38 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

OK, I'll shut up about that.

I got In This Light and Fallout sent to me! They are so amazing!
Old 05-29-2013, 04:20 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

A couple of reviews of the album:
http://www.anybodylistening.net/brea...p?topic=4343.0
http://gunshyassassin.com/reviews/re...-expectations/
Old 05-29-2013, 07:48 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

the new Daft Punk album is better
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Old 05-29-2013, 07:58 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
the new Daft Punk album is better
Both suck in separate & different ways.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:16 AM
The Cheese

"Reviews"

I really don't understand not saying anything about production (neither of 'em did) just because they're 192 kbps MP3's or whatever. That's not lossy enough to ignore the production, and considering what a big deal has been made of Jimbo coming back to mix and produce and his past history with QR, not to mention the constant criticisms of Kelly Gray & Jason Slater's mixing & production, it just seems like it's being ignored to avoid having to say something less than gushing.

Actually, it's even more astounding how the mixing & production is almost completely brushed aside for new QR, when the mixing on GT's obviously barely funded and rushed album was a topic of near constant discussion. If GT's on a crap label and wrote a crap album and QR is on a good label and took their time with their album, shouldn't it follow that the new QR's album has a good mix? It's also telling that, oh, we'll compare all these new songs to classic albums, but not the actual sound. But why? I mean, Jimbo produced and mixed Promised Land, which sounds phenomenal. I guess that comparison wouldn't be favorable, so why write about it, eh?

Also, that second reviewer would really benefit from conciseness. The whole trying to be funny about diarrhea and Geoff Tate and how Queensryche is like your aunt... it's just weird. Brian's review is very well written. He gets the facts out there about the album, a description, and a conclusion on it. Nice. I still think that review is probably coming from a place of really wanting this to the best QR has been in years, or rather, a review written for (classic era) Queensryche fans. I'll be interested to see reviews that come from more tempered sources though, because I think that will better reflect where I'd listen to it from, and because I'll be curious to see what the metal community at large thinks of new QR.

Last edited by EvilCheeseWedge; 05-30-2013 at 06:22 AM.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:08 AM
One who onions things

Brian is a professional writer if I remember right, I would hope that his review would be a well written one!

As a result of the shenanigans a couple pages back, he and I actually had a very pleasant conversation about the album. In a nutshell, the guy is sincere and very honest about his opinion of the album. That's really him, an honest writer/journalist, talking in his review, not an overly excited fanboy who pegged this record to be a classic before hearing a note. He and I actually share more thoughts on the album's traits and qualities than I thought we did, we simply disagree on the merits of those characterics. I think his review will be one of the much better ones out there, I already know that it's an easier read than my review. This album begs for over the top journalism, and like you said Cheese, Brian got right to the point and didn't overstay his welcome.

As for my review, y'all probably know where to find it when it's eventually up. I'm pretty sure we're still sticking to June 4th.
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Old 05-30-2013, 07:30 AM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
Brian is a professional writer if I remember right, I would hope that his review would be a well written one!

As a result of the shenanigans a couple pages back, he and I actually had a very pleasant conversation about the album. In a nutshell, the guy is sincere and very honest about his opinion of the album. That's really him, an honest writer/journalist, talking in his review, not an overly excited fanboy who pegged this record to be a classic before hearing a note. He and I actually share more thoughts on the album's traits and qualities than I thought we did, we simply disagree on the merits of those characterics. I think his review will be one of the much better ones out there, I already know that it's an easier read than my review. This album begs for over the top journalism, and like you said Cheese, Brian got right to the point and didn't overstay his welcome.

As for my review, y'all probably know where to find it when it's eventually up. I'm pretty sure we're still sticking to June 4th.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:36 PM

From: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...3773057&type=1

Quote:
Eddie Trunk will be premiering the new single "Fallout" tonight on his radio show, tune on around 11:30pm EST and check out online soon after for the official stream!
Old 06-02-2013, 12:40 PM

Here is Fallout for those who are interested.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:34 PM
N00B

Fallout is the worst of the three songs I've heard so far. It sounds like two different songs mashed together.