Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014
The Goddamn Gallows -- Long Beach, CA -- April 16th, 2014
Unearth -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 15th, 2014
Black Sabbath -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 13th, 2014

Old 05-24-2013, 04:14 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

For anyone who cares about/has ordered the deluxe box set, the shitty download card for a track-by-track audio commentary by the band, that probably no one wanted, has been replaced with an exclusive artwork print. Win.

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
30/4 Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Old 05-29-2013, 05:13 PM
Concert Veteran

Bad news for Iommi. His cancer will more than likely never go away fully and he will have to get regular treatments from now on

http://loudwire.com/black-sabbath-to...-rest-of-life/
Old 05-29-2013, 05:23 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Bad news for Iommi. His cancer will more than likely never go away fully and he will have to get regular treatments from now on

http://loudwire.com/black-sabbath-to...-rest-of-life/
That is a bummer My dad had the same cancer as Iommi and even though it is gone, the effects have damaged him tremendously. I hope the best for Iommi. I completely understand if he has to cancel any upcoming shows for his treatment. I would love nothing more than to see him perform live again, but I just want the best for him.
6/13-Goddamn Gallows
8/28-8/31-Muddy Roots
Old 05-29-2013, 05:36 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
That is a bummer My dad had the same cancer as Iommi and even though it is gone, the effects have damaged him tremendously. I hope the best for Iommi. I completely understand if he has to cancel any upcoming shows for his treatment. I would love nothing more than to see him perform live again, but I just want the best for him.
This.

It will be July before I have the money to sort out a trip to Belfast for the show here, but honestly if Tony decides to cancel this tour and Sabbath decide to become a festival band I would understand completely. Lord knows Ozzy's close enough to the brink, two members in bad nick is asking for a catastrophe on the road.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:08 PM
Dragon Of The R˙che

That's really too bad about Iommi. I wish him the best and just want him to do whatever it takes to get better.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:40 PM
Dragon Of The R˙che

With the release date being less than 2 weeks away, I'm surprised audio samples for the full album haven't shown up yet.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:05 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker View Post
I was thinking the same thing, Bill can't drum and Ozzy can't sing. I agree with Cheese Wedge. The drumming has to be tight, or it will really fuck up the sound with Geezer and Iommi. Ozzy can sing like shit and it's not going to ruin the sound as much. And Ozzy has been using a teleprompter for like ten years now, that's how he never forgets the lyrics.
I know you posted this about a month ago but that's crap. So the drummer has to be fucking perfect and the vocalist can suck shit? That's a double standard if I ever heard one. If Ward's awful and gets kicked out, then the same should go for Ozzy. He's shit, and has been for a long time. It's supposed to be a band. All parts are equal.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:08 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
I know you posted this about a month ago but that's crap. So the drummer has to be fucking perfect and the vocalist can suck shit? That's a double standard if I ever heard one. If Ward's awful and gets kicked out, then the same should go for Ozzy. He's shit, and has been for a long time. It's supposed to be a band. All parts are equal.
As a drummer, I can attest to the fact that it's a little bit more important to have the drummer on point, since they have to hold everything together in a way. It's not a double standard, it's just common sense. There's nothing worse than a shitty drummer that ruins the whole band.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:15 PM
somebody somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonos View Post
As a drummer, I can attest to the fact that it's a little bit more important to have the drummer on point, since they have to hold everything together in a way. It's not a double standard, it's just common sense. There's nothing worse than a shitty drummer that ruins the whole band.
Plus they don't need Ward to sell tickets. Ozzy is the only one who can front this band now and have anything close to a successful tour.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:25 PM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
I'm sorry, but this is kind of stupid. If you can't tell the difference between a drummer and a vocalist then you aren't a musician and there's probably no reasoning with you. People can play through shitty vocals - big deal. Good luck trying to play with a guy who can't keep a steady beat on the drums though. Or doesn't know where he is in a song. Or who can't reliably perform the set due to health or whatever else.

Plus, from the practical business side, yeah, sure, fire Ozzy. And let's bring back Sabbath's second most successful vocalist?

Oh right.