Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014

Old 05-24-2013, 07:03 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Just found out that my wonderful, brand new 500Gb PS3 (that I didn't want to buy but was forced to when my old one died) isn't backwards compatible.

So I'd like to thank myself for keeping my PS2 and give a big "fuck you" to Sony.
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 05-25-2013, 02:40 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Just found out that my wonderful, brand new 500Gb PS3 (that I didn't want to buy but was forced to when my old one died) isn't backwards compatible.

So I'd like to thank myself for keeping my PS2 and give a big "fuck you" to Sony.
Not allowing backwards compatibility in your system is a HUGE flaw in current gen systems. Which is why PS2 is pretty much the perfect system to ever be created

Anyawy, playing the Super Villian chapters in Lego Batman now. They seem to be more fun than the Batman/Robin ones. I love double jumping as Clayface

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 05-25-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Not allowing backwards compatibility in your system is a HUGE flaw in current gen systems. Which is why PS2 is pretty much the perfect system to ever be created

Anyawy, playing the Super Villian chapters in Lego Batman now. They seem to be more fun than the Batman/Robin ones. I love double jumping as Clayface
Well, my first gen 80Gb PS3 was backwards compatible but it was six years old and I got the red light of death last weekend. So it was the perfect system.

I don't see why they don't include it on all systems. They can't expect to make that much money off people being forced to re-buy their older games on the Playstation Network. Because I for one won't be. I have all my old systems. If I want to play a PS2 game it's not that much of an inconvenience for me to plug that system in. And unlike my PS3; my SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, PSone and PS2 all work.
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 05-26-2013, 07:59 AM
WHAT THE FUCK...HAVE....I BECOME!!!!

eh, i don't care about b/c. I bought a PS3 to play PS3 games.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:26 AM
not the mama

I may be wrong but I think all PS3s have PSOne backwards compatibility. I have the slim 600GB purchased in 2010 and it can play PSOne games but not PS2 games.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredFlame View Post
I may be wrong but I think all PS3s have PSOne backwards compatibility. I have the slim 600GB purchased in 2010 and it can play PSOne games but not PS2 games.
That would be good, I never thought to check. I don't have a PSone memory card so that would be a very good thing.
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 05-28-2013, 06:11 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredFlame View Post
As far as I know, this is true. Sony made a boo-boo with the PS3's architecture, they basically put a ps1, ps2 AND ps3 together in the console, so the first wave was essentially 3 consoles in one. This drove the price up, and as such they had to cut the ps2 in order to fix the obscene cost price.

The ps2 capabilities it has now, for downloadable titles, is actually a digital emulator, and you're essentially downloading roms when you buy the games digitally. It a bit of a mess, but this generation has been all over the place for such things!
Old 05-28-2013, 07:04 AM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Right now I'm mostly playing minecraft and the occasional zombies run on BO2, really waiting for Elder Scrolls Online and new Assassin's Creed.I don't play multiplayer on Bo2 that much anymore because when me and my brother got 8th prestige he went to refund our prestige tokens, but then after he did that it kicked him out of the lobby he was in and it was revealed that we got reduced to level 1, no prestige, so until my brother gets us back to where we were (he is 6th prestige now), I don't want to play.

About the b/c thing, I really wish they would have made PS3 b/c, firstly because I can't buy a lot of my favorite Ps2 games on the store (The Hobbit, Lord Of The Rings games, Conflict games, Turok: Evolution, etc.) and secondly because I can't seem to find the cords needed to plug my Ps2 up.Maybe, just maybe, ps4 will be b/c, because they said they were trying to implement it.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:10 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
Right now I'm mostly playing minecraft and the occasional zombies run on BO2, really waiting for Elder Scrolls Online and new Assassin's Creed.I don't play multiplayer on Bo2 that much anymore because when me and my brother got 8th prestige he went to refund our prestige tokens, but then after he did that it kicked him out of the lobby he was in and it was revealed that we got reduced to level 1, no prestige, so until my brother gets us back to where we were (he is 6th prestige now), I don't want to play.

About the b/c thing, I really wish they would have made PS3 b/c, firstly because I can't buy a lot of my favorite Ps2 games on the store (The Hobbit, Lord Of The Rings games, Conflict games, Turok: Evolution, etc.) and secondly because I can't seem to find the cords needed to plug my Ps2 up.Maybe, just maybe, ps4 will be b/c, because they said they were trying to implement it.
You do know you can buy the PS2 cords off ebay with free shipping for like $3.

Also I hate to break it to you but PS4 will not be b/c at all because they are doing a online store for PS4 where you will able to buy and play PS1,PS2,and PS3 games.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:26 AM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
You do know you can buy the PS2 cords off ebay with free shipping for like $3.

Also I hate to break it to you but PS4 will not be b/c at all because they are doing a online store for PS4 where you will able to buy and play PS1,PS2,and PS3 games.
Yea I figured they'd be on ebay, but I got no money whatsoever as usual, so that won't happen anytime soon.