Queens of the Stone Age -- Philadelphia, PA -- July 20th, 2014
Queensryche -- Waukesha, WI -- July 19th, 2014
Killswitch Engage -- Providence, RI -- July 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 05-22-2013, 02:34 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
It sure would be nice if more members on here would give thoughts and opinions on all this.
People just don't give a shit. You constantly begging for reactions all the time isn't gonna do anything to change that.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:46 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

With the band having fired Tate who has been dragging them down and getting Todd who is a much better singer than Tate currently is and saying that they're putting out an album that again sounds like Queensryche's material from the EP-Promised Land, I would think a lot of people would be very interested in all of this. And if there's not that much of an interest, then why does this thread have over 2,600 views?
Old 05-22-2013, 02:51 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
With the band having fired Tate who has been dragging them down and getting Todd who is a much better singer than Tate currently is and saying that they're putting out an album that again sounds like Queensryche's material from the EP-Promised Land, I would think a lot of people would be very interested in all of this. And if there's not that much of an interest, then why does this thread have over 2,600 views?
because you've been bumping it constantly for 2 solid months?
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Old 05-22-2013, 03:35 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
The problem is Queensryche has lost so many fans and been so shitty for so long that just saying those things isn't gonna get people talking. After making such a huge move with letting Tate go, they need to come out with something that will blow everyone away. That's the only way most of the fans will get excited and start talking about them again. They need to deliver huge on this album no question about it. I think everyone who's had something to say about this has chimed in already. There's nothing to do now but wait for the album to come out.

The reason the thread has so many views is because you've been updating it regularly for a few months now. View counts tend to get pretty high when someone does that with a thread.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:38 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Ya, those are some very good points 78. And yes, I will keep bumping this as new stuff comes out so QR can get as much exposure as possible because they truly deserve to have their popularity back now! Maybe if members on here would take time to listen to the new songs that have recently been posted as well as the audio samples which are blowing me away, they would again give a shit about this band.

Last edited by Travis The Dragon; 05-22-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:43 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

I'll give an honest response, I listened to Where Dreams Go To Die or whatever. I found it very bland and the production sounded horrible, but yes I know that may be due to Youtube.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 05-22-2013, 05:53 PM
N00B

I'm new here.

Anyway, I'm a huge Queensryche fan or maybe I should say I was a huge fan. The last album I really liked was Promised Land. Everything after that was crap or mostly crap.

I've listened to the two new songs several times and they haven't really grabbed my interest. Maybe it's the production or something but they just sound boring and rather bland. Before I read all this talk about how Tate was the major problem but now I'm not so sure.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:47 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

I've been wondering why this thread has been updated constantly for the past month
Old 05-22-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
I've been wondering why this thread has been updated constantly for the past month
Quote:
And yes, I will keep bumping this as new stuff comes out so QR can get as much exposure as possible because they truly deserve to have their popularity back now!
This is why.

Also, better audio quality of Fallout: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AbA6gHiwbA

I know everyone has their own opinions, but I'm a bit surprised that most people on here don't find the songs that good. Especially compared to the last 3 or 4 albums. One thing I'm loving is incredible and vocals from Todd throughout. Only certain parts of the last few albums had good vocal parts from tatertot while I hear nothing but amazing vocal parts on everything we've heard so far. I'd sure love to know what's missing for some of you and how you don't think it sounds like pre-Promised Land material because that's all I hear when I listen to it.

Last edited by Travis The Dragon; 05-22-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:30 PM
N00B

Don't really know what's missing. I just find the songs boring.