Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Judas Priest -- Worcester, MA -- July 26th, 1988
Arsis -- West Springfield, VA -- September 1st, 2014
Deep Purple -- Orlando, FL -- August 30th, 2014
Dropdead -- Scottsdale, AZ -- August 30th, 2014
Chevelle -- Wallingford, CT -- August 30th, 2014

Old 05-16-2013, 07:58 PM
That Guy

George Kollias To Track Drums for....TYR?

http://sdmetal.com/george-kollias-tr...drums-for-tyr/

Quote:
TÝR, hailing all the way from the Faroe Islands, recorded their new album with producer Jacob Hansen at his studios in Denmark. For drum tracking on this album, TÝR enlisted the services of George Kollias, one of metal’s most accomplished drummers, primarily known for his work in Nile, as well as Nightfall.

George Kollias comments on the experience: “Hey Týr fans, this is George Kollias and I hope you are ALL ready for a crushing new album from Týr!!! I had the pleasure to record the drums on the new album, we had an absolutely great time in the studio and i gotta tell you the material is super strong and catchy, i’m 100% sure you will all love this new album!! Big thanks to Heri, Terji and Gunnar for the opportunity and to Jacob Hansen for his incredible work with the recordings!”

TÝR comments: “It was a pleasure to have George in studio. He’s an amazing drummer and he certainly made an impact on this album. We’re very excited to release this album” – Heri, Terji & Gunnar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=4DW7GQ6WoS8

When I listen to Tyr, I always thought they were missing something, now I know what it was....Gravity Blasts in 5/8 at 280BPM.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:05 PM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

KICK ASS! I can't wait to hear that. What happened to the bald dude? He was awesome, and a really cool guy, despite seeming super stern and grouchy on stage.

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 05-17-2013, 12:21 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
KICK ASS! I can't wait to hear that. What happened to the bald dude? He was awesome, and a really cool guy, despite seeming super stern and grouchy on stage.
I think he left the band a couple weeks ago. Here's what they said on Facebook:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr
We regret to inform you that Kári Streymoy and the rest of the band have parted ways.

Kári suffered a back injury in 2008, and since then he has had some issues with his drumming. That is the main reason that the co-operation has been problematic for some time now, and we finally decided to part ways.

We want to thank Kári for his time in the band. It's been great to have you with us, we wish you the best of luck in the future and we hope you recover fully some day.

More details to follow on who we got to fill in for Kári in studio. I think most of you are in for a big surprise.

Heri, Terji & Gunnar
9/19 Despise You
9/20 Revocation
9'21 Overkill ?
9/27 Blood Feast