Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 14th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 04-23-2013, 08:01 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Elton John - Las Vegas, NV -- April 20th, 2013

Elton John: the Million Dollar Piano
Support: none
Date: Saturday April 20th, 2013
Venue: The Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada
T-Shirt Worn: Carcass "Symphonies of Sickness"

My wife and I went to Las Vegas this past weekend. We needed to get away and Bon Jovi was playing there on the Saturday night. I refuse to see Bon Jovi again so instead I went to see Elton Johns first performance in a month long stint at Caesars Palace. I’ve never been a huge fan but I like him enough to go. I really thought I’d only know a few songs so I was surprised how many I knew, even though I had to research half the titles. He played and sounded great. The guy’s done thousands of shows in his life and they’re not going to invite someone to play at Caesars Palace if they aren’t top-notch. Age has brought his pitch down over the years, so I wasn’t as happy with songs like Tiny Dancer, Your Song and Crocodile Rock as I would’ve liked. The only real problem was that since I had the cheapest tickets available there was a part of the stage setup that blocked a large part of the video screen until it lifted away for the last five songs. And the crowd was a “Vegas crowd” meaning half the people there were just there for something to do. A lot of sitting. But I can’t rag on that since I was part of them. I wouldn’t have seen him if I hadn’t been there. Christ, the guy played twenty minutes from my house in Oshawa, Ontario last year and I didn’t even know about it until after the fact.

I would’ve liked him to play Don’t Go Breaking My Heart but I’m not sure what Kee-Kee Dee is up to these days. And Can You Feel the Love Tonight?, I love that song. I was surprised he didn’t play Candle in the Wind. I figured that was his biggest hit. But I don’t like that song. The highlights were the first two songs and the last half of the set. I was a little bored during the middle.

Elton John
1. The Bitch is Back
2. Bennie and the Jets
3. Rocket Man (I Think It’s Going to Be a Long, Long Time)
4. Levon
5. Tiny Dancer
6. Your Song
7. Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters
8. Better Off Dead
9. Indian Sunset
10. Empty Garden (Hey, Hey Johnny)
11. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
12. Guess That’s Why They Call It the Blues
13. Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me
14. Philadelphia Freedom
15. I’m Still Standing
16. Crocodile Rock
17. Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting
encore:
18. Circle of Life

My wife said the same about the crowd at the Bon Jovi show and their set was the same as most of the rest of the tour.

Other than this show we saw Carrot Top, Fantasy and a hypnotist called Marc Savard. Fantasy was fun for about five minutes but you see their boobs within the first five minutes then after that it’s a little boring. The comedian they had was the best part of that show. The hypnotist was cool but I really wish I went up on stage. But Carrot Top was fucking hilarious. I remember watching that guy on Jay Leno twenty years ago and laughing my ass off. Who’d have thought that he’d still get me laughing? Go see him over all these shows if you get the chance.
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend

Last edited by adamclark52; 05-31-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:34 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

So seeing Carrot Top makes me really fucking jealous but you seeing Elton John and not going batshit 12 year old girl crazy like I would makes me sad but even more jealous.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Music? Yeah... it's my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
So seeing Carrot Top makes me really fucking jealous but you seeing Elton John and not going batshit 12 year old girl crazy like I would makes me sad but even more jealous.
Carrot Top is the funniest show in Vegas bar none!

Elton's show really impressed me too.
10/29 Ian Anderson
10/30 Mastodon
Old 05-12-2013, 04:39 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

That Carrot Top show was just non-stop, one hundred miles a minute for an hour. Some of his self-deprecating comments were so funny, if you actually made them out in that blur. When he came around giving people shots he looked at me and goes "ew, not you" and walks away to the next person. The guy gets a bad wrap but I thought he was probably the funniest show I'd seen in my life. I had a sore throat from laughing afterwards. And I usually don't laugh.
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend