The Goddamn Gallows -- Long Beach, CA -- April 16th, 2014
Unearth -- Ottawa, ON -- April 15th, 2014
Black Sabbath -- Ottawa, ON -- April 13th, 2014
Nile -- Baltimore, MD -- April 15th, 2014
Within Temptation -- Newcastle, England -- April 14th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Professor Nutbutter

i am from memphis and still live in the area and have been attending this event for a decade before it was moved to the river in 92 or 93. it nearly always rains but is usually much warmer. it was 38 degrees when AIC hit the stage. this thing is always this diverse. also, if you pay attention (on fb) you can get a three day pass on the friday after thanksgiving for $65. It's a no brainer since i live here.

I saw Jimbo Mathus, Yngwie, Deftones, AIC on friday, Mule and ZZ Top saturday and Kenny Brown, Papa Roach, Kenny Brown again, and Davy Knowles on sunday. this link has all the lineups since 2000: http://www.thebealestreetmusicfestiv...ivallineup.htm

by the way, the mud this year was not that bad compared to a few previous years. 2000 was by far the muddiest year on record.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:17 AM
Music? Yeah... it's my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorvatin View Post
i am from memphis and still live in the area and have been attending this event for a decade before it was moved to the river in 92 or 93.
When 90% of the artists are complaining about the weather, there might be a problem!

BTW - does that park ever recover from this weekend? I can't even picture it as a green, grassy area!
10/29 Ian Anderson
Old 05-08-2013, 04:13 AM
Professor Nutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolfansat View Post
When 90% of the artists are complaining about the weather, there might be a problem!

BTW - does that park ever recover from this weekend? I can't even picture it as a green, grassy area!
it will be all nice and green in two weeks for the bbq festival located in the same place (only to be destroyed again) and then it will be all green again the next week for the sunset symphony to close out memphis in may.

the only band i have ever heard actually "complain" was Cake, but they complain about everything every time i have had the unfortunate pleasure of witnessing them. Most artists have been there more than once and know what they are signing up for and continue to request to be placed on the list for consideration. Yngwie didn't complain and his pompous ass would have been the one to complain the most. However, it has never been remotely this cold before. A typical cold day in may is in the 50's, not the 30's. i know friday was record low temps by several degrees. most bands mention the weather or use it for rapport in their shows, but really wouldn't say they are complaining. Hell last year, Les Claypool was loving the light show. The year before that Godsmack had all sorts of problems, but said it was one of the most rewarding shows he had ever performed due to circumstances.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:46 AM

OK.... "complain" was too strong of a word!

You're right - it was just frequently mentioned in the stage banter - it made if feel "special" and not the scripted "Hello Cleveland" stuff you get at most shows!

Jerry Cantrell suggesting that they move it indoors ... "to that guys house!" (pointing to someone in the crowd). And saying that he borrowed his sweatshirt from the drummer and had to keep pulling back when he went to wipe snot on the sleeve!

Billy Corgan asking what the hell happened to "global warming".

Ty from Vintage Trouble putting on mud boots and getting out in the middle of it.

You don't get that from Justin Bieber at the Enormodome!
10/29 Ian Anderson
Old 05-08-2013, 05:52 PM
Professor Nutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolfansat View Post
You're right - it was just frequently mentioned in the stage banter - it made if feel "special" and not the scripted "Hello Cleveland" stuff you get at most shows!
and that's part of the whole thing, i should start making tshirts to sell for "I survived the BSMF, and the only thing clean is this damn shirt." or something along those lines.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
and that's part of the whole thing, i should start making tshirts to sell for "I survived the BSMF, and the only thing clean is this damn shirt." or something along those lines.
Honestly, I am very surprised that nobody has done those yet!
10/29 Ian Anderson
Old 05-09-2013, 12:40 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

After speaking w/ the fiancÚ I do believe that we are gonna do this next year. How soon should we start looking for hotels that are walking distance? And is that also true about the black Friday tickets? If that is true we are all over that.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:59 PM
Professor Nutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
After speaking w/ the fiancÚ I do believe that we are gonna do this next year. How soon should we start looking for hotels that are walking distance? And is that also true about the black Friday tickets? If that is true we are all over that.
just checked and the doubletree already has rooms available for next year, not sure about others, that was the only one i checked. also the past 3 years they have done the black friday thing. just like beale street music festival on facebook and start paying attention around november. the first year i think it was $55 and this past year was $65 for the three day pass. Next year is may 2-4. it is always the first weekend in may (the earliest is april 29, 30, may 1).
Old 05-10-2013, 07:42 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
just checked and the doubletree already has rooms available for next year, not sure about others, that was the only one i checked. also the past 3 years they have done the black friday thing. just like beale street music festival on facebook and start paying attention around november. the first year i think it was $55 and this past year was $65 for the three day pass. Next year is may 2-4. it is always the first weekend in may (the earliest is april 29, 30, may 1).
Good info to know. I appreciate it!!!
Old 05-11-2013, 04:33 AM
Professor Nutbutter

Didn't think about it, but i have a few other setlists from the festival.

Friday
JIMBO MATHUS & THE TRI-STATE COALITION:
1. Shackle & Chain
2. I Wanna Be Your Satellite
3. Tennessee Walker Mare
4. Fake Hex
5. In the Garden
6. Let Me Be Your Rocker
7. Cling To The Roots
8. Dirty Hustlin'
9. State Line Woman
10. Fist Full of Dollars
11. White Buffalo
12. Run Devil Run
13. Baby, Take A Ride With Me
14. Tell It To The Judge
15. Caledonia

Saturday
GOV'T MULE:
1. Bad Little Doggie
2. Lola Leave Your LIght On
3. How Many More Years
4. Unring the Bell (w/ Get Up, Stand Up & Shakedown Street Teases)
5. Soulshine (w/ Jessica Tease)
6. Thorazine Shuffle
7. Banks of the Deep End (w/ Ohio Lyrics)
8. Steppin' Lightly
9. Broke Down on the Brazos