Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

  #141  
Old 05-07-2013, 11:54 PM
SomewhereInTime72's Avatar
SomewhereInTime72 SomewhereInTime72 is offline
HEY! LISTEN!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BKLYN NY
Posts: 12,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
I saw that too. I really believe that he's what elevated them from being a second or third rate thrash band to "#2" in the big four.
What that list doesn't tell you is that he's responsible for most of their best work.
Here's the top 10 songs played live
Raining Blood - Music JH, lyrics JH KK
Angel of Death - Music and lyrics JH
South of Heaven - Music JH, lyrics TA
War Ensemble - Music JH, Lyrics TA JH
Mandatory Suicide - Music JH KK, lyrics TA
Dead Skin Mask - Music JH, lyrics TA
Chemical Warface - JH KK
Hell Awaits - Music JH KK, lyrics KK
Seasons - Music JH, lyrics TA
Die By The Sword - Music and lyrics JH
So much this.
__________________
"So yeah, monkey prostitution has happened."
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 05-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Blitzkrieg Witchcraft's Avatar
Blitzkrieg Witchcraft Blitzkrieg Witchcraft is offline
Play it loud, don't play it low
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,565
Maybe now they'll finally get a Behind The Music episode. The only one of the big 4 without one.
__________________
2/23: Metal Church
3/21: Carcass
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 05-08-2013, 10:13 PM
DisposableJustice's Avatar
DisposableJustice DisposableJustice is offline
Close your eyes forget your name
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
I saw that too. I really believe that he's what elevated them from being a second or third rate thrash band to "#2" in the big four.
What that list doesn't tell you is that he's responsible for most of their best work.
Here's the top 10 songs played live
Raining Blood - Music JH, lyrics JH KK
Angel of Death - Music and lyrics JH
South of Heaven - Music JH, lyrics TA
War Ensemble - Music JH, Lyrics TA JH
Mandatory Suicide - Music JH KK, lyrics TA
Dead Skin Mask - Music JH, lyrics TA
Chemical Warface - JH KK
Hell Awaits - Music JH KK, lyrics KK
Seasons - Music JH, lyrics TA
Die By The Sword - Music and lyrics JH
So pretty much all of those songs are in my top 15-20 Slayer songs, with Seasons, South and Hell Awaits in the top 3. Part of me wants Slayer to record one final record and one final tour; but I question about the quality of a record without Jeff. True, Slayer has been writing material since WPB came out but how much had been involved since his spider bite? I say not much to be honest...
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 05-09-2013, 05:18 AM
hellawaits77ny's Avatar
hellawaits77ny hellawaits77ny is offline
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 3,734
Blog Entries: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisposableJustice View Post
So pretty much all of those songs are in my top 15-20 Slayer songs, with Seasons, South and Hell Awaits in the top 3. Part of me wants Slayer to record one final record and one final tour; but I question about the quality of a record without Jeff. True, Slayer has been writing material since WPB came out but how much had been involved since his spider bite? I say not much to be honest...
Dude, you KNOW if Slayer releases a final album it will be shit, as Kerry has/will been the sole composer. I have no doubt Tom would write some good lyrics, but the music would be shite. Just look at the songs that Kerry wrote on WPB .
__________________
youtube.com/user/hellawaits77NY

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 05-09-2013, 05:39 AM
Steev Steev is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Witchcraft View Post
Maybe now they'll finally get a Behind The Music episode. The only one of the big 4 without one.
Hell the last one they did was 2002, all 3 of the others have already had "remastered" versions because they shows aired so long ago
__________________
Crue/Alice Cooper
Fishbone
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 05-09-2013, 05:46 AM
300%_Density 300%_Density is offline
When your grabbing ass with your friends...
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Prison Planet
Posts: 3,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev View Post
Hell the last one they did was 2002, all 3 of the others have already had "remastered" versions because they shows aired so long ago
Wasn't there a Pantera one back in '06?
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 05-09-2013, 08:21 AM
hellawaits77ny's Avatar
hellawaits77ny hellawaits77ny is offline
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 3,734
Blog Entries: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Wasn't there a Pantera one back in '06?
Yes
__________________
youtube.com/user/hellawaits77NY

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 05-09-2013, 10:21 AM
anomynous's Avatar
anomynous anomynous is online now
Metal-Setlistcore
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,976
Quote:
NOTE FROM TOM AND KERRY TO UK/EURO FANS:

"We know that our fans everywhere are hurting for the loss of Jeff just as we are.
We want to let you all know that when we come to Europe this summer in June, July and August, we'll ALL be making noise together for our brother and dear friend Jeff... We'll See you then!"


Uh.....
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 05-09-2013, 10:26 AM
hellawaits77ny's Avatar
hellawaits77ny hellawaits77ny is offline
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 3,734
Blog Entries: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomynous View Post
Uh.....
Sigh..........

The only solice in this would be that this is part of a farewell tour. Doubt it since King needs his paycheck.
__________________
youtube.com/user/hellawaits77NY

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 05-09-2013, 10:27 AM
Onioner Onioner is offline
One who onions things
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Everywhere, CA
Posts: 1,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomynous View Post
Uh.....
Sounds like they're trying to get everyone's hopes up for Dave to be back. They probably haven't nailed down a contract or whatever yet, otherwise I'm sure they would have just straight up said Dave's back.
__________________
Flotsam & Jetsam and/or War Master - 7/9
Grindcore Fest - 7/12
Exodus - 7/25
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:43 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008