Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Warped Tour -- Mansfield, MA -- July 10th, 2014
Metallica -- Warsaw, Poland -- July 11th, 2014
Snakecharmer -- London, England -- July 11th, 2014
Aerosmith -- Wantagh, NY -- July 10th, 2014
311 -- Lansing, MI -- July 9th, 2014

  #31  
Old 04-29-2013, 08:33 PM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by elturtleboy View Post
They've been doing it for years though. TGI is huge and im sure they dont charge as much as Early Graves or the others.
I honestly don't see TGI being huge to pay for anyway. I mean they need bigger bands on the bill to help sell it out because trying to back a fest with a lot of little bands even in a genre like hardcore isn't going to help bank even.

I mean lets use a example :

The second day of the rumble had the headliner as Crown Of Thornz. From what I heard the venue was over half empty. Venue capacity at half empty would be around 300 people or so. There was like 12 bands on the bill. So your not making too much money from that. A bigger headliner will draw more money and your not technically "selling out" if your booking a band that has toured with a shit ton of hardcore bands.
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-29-2013, 08:34 PM
Ommie Ommie is offline
Crucial Mosh Achieved
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by elturtleboy View Post
TGI is huge and im sure they dont charge as much as Early Graves or the others.
Seriously? They've had bigger bands play that I'm sure cost more (Sick of it All, Comeback Kid, etc).

They mentioned that they would give an explanation soon, but I'm sure there's other factors to consider than how much one band is being payed.
__________________
8/04 Power Trip
8/06 Morbid Angel (?)
10/31 Amon Amarth

Last edited by Ommie; 04-29-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-29-2013, 09:02 PM
XDoomsayerX XDoomsayerX is offline
I'm reaching out for something else.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ommie View Post
Seriously? They've had bigger bands play that I'm sure cost more (Sick of it All, Comeback Kid, etc).

They mentioned that they would give an explanation soon, but I'm sure there's other factors to consider than how much one band is being payed.
Veteran bands(SOIA and CBK) =/= huge. TGI is a popular band right now and def more than the 2 you mentioned, they sold out all their headliner shows in their recent run down here in Cali and I'm sure plenty of other venues. If anything TGI would cost more but definitely would draw. These 2 dudes prob just dont have the resources this year.
__________________
Basement-8/12
Senses Fail-10/3
Mastojira-10/17
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-30-2013, 06:31 AM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
Veteran bands(SOIA and CBK) =/= huge. TGI is a popular band right now and def more than the 2 you mentioned, they sold out all their headliner shows in their recent run down here in Cali and I'm sure plenty of other venues. If anything TGI would cost more but definitely would draw. These 2 dudes prob just dont have the resources this year.
I'm pretty positive its coming down to not having enough money to do the fest. They pretty much said they didn't have it all to be able to risk it for the fest.
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-30-2013, 06:38 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 17,817
that statement.

"In order to quell speculation, you will hear the absolute truth from us. Vague statement. Something money-related."
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

11/7 Snakecharmer
20/7 Onslaught
30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival

Last edited by ravenheart; 04-30-2013 at 06:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:00 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008