Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 21st, 2014
Threshold -- London, England -- November 20th, 2014

Old 04-23-2013, 08:42 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
It really came to an end when Trish and Lita both retired within a month or two of one another. After that there were flashes of decent stuff (Beth Phoenix, Kharma) but when Kelly Kelly started "wrestling" it was over.

I think Fit Finlay booking the womens division may have had something to do with how good it was too. And it's no surprise that it started going downhill in early 2006 when he became an active competitor in the WWE.

I am not embarrassed to admit that I liked the womens division from late-2001 until late-2006.
How can you forget about Mickie James? She carried the divison for a long time after Trish and Lita retired. The recent downfall of the divison has a lot to do with losing so many divas in a short period of time. Mickie James, Michelle McCool, Beth Phoenix, Melina and Kelly Kelly have all left over the course of the last two years or so. Losing Eve recently didn't help it either because at least she had a good heel character and actually was pretty solid in the ring. But the main downfall is that Vince stopped caring about the division and so he books it like shit now.

If you do want to see hot women who can work good matches and have some kind of character then watch TNA Impact on thursdays. They give their female performers respect by giving them storylines and allowing them enough time in the ring to put on a good match. That's something that the WWE just doesn't do anymore.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:11 PM
with his arms outstretched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
How can you forget about Mickie James? She carried the divison for a long time after Trish and Lita retired. The recent downfall of the divison has a lot to do with losing so many divas in a short period of time. Mickie James, Michelle McCool, Beth Phoenix, Melina and Kelly Kelly have all left over the course of the last two years or so. Losing Eve recently didn't help it either because at least she had a good heel character and actually was pretty solid in the ring. But the main downfall is that Vince stopped caring about the division and so he books it like shit now.

If you do want to see hot women who can work good matches and have some kind of character then watch TNA Impact on thursdays. They give their female performers respect by giving them storylines and allowing them enough time in the ring to put on a good match. That's something that the WWE just doesn't do anymore.
I don't forget her but I don't see her in that "classic" line-up with Molly Holly, Trish, Lita, Victoria and Gail Kim. She came in at the tail-end and my last memories of her were that terrible angle with Michelle McCool and Layla where they called her "Piggy James". She did have one of the the last "great" womens matches in the WWE with Trish at Wrestlemania 22, IMO. If Trish/Lita main-eventing Raw came before that then she did have the last great womens match in the WWE.

She was great but wrestling as a whole soured on me during her peak so that drags her down.
03/07 -- Video Games Live
Old 04-24-2013, 05:34 PM
WHAT THE FUCK...HAVE....I BECOME!!!!

Victoria and Trish had an amazing hardcore women's match.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:43 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

So I met Jake The Snake today at C2E2 and he was by far one of the biggest assholes I've ever met. Not only was he listed as being a free signing when I went to give him the picture I wanted him to sign he tells me it's $20 for it. He then asks for my name and when I tell him he starts yelling towards me asking me for my name again. Finally after spelling it out he sets the paper back down and I ask for a picture and he tells me that if I want a picture with him it'll be another $20. I told Jake no and he says well then if you want a picture it'll be another $20 or your not getting one. After telling him I won't do it again and walking away he just got pissy. Also during the entire time me meeting him he seemed uninterested and even cracked some joke about the WWF picture I had and him doing coke. Overall he was a asshole and I regret ever giving him a penny of my money.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
So I met Jake The Snake today at C2E2 and he was by far one of the biggest assholes I've ever met. Not only was he listed as being a free signing when I went to give him the picture I wanted him to sign he tells me it's $20 for it. He then asks for my name and when I tell him he starts yelling towards me asking me for my name again. Finally after spelling it out he sets the paper back down and I ask for a picture and he tells me that if I want a picture with him it'll be another $20. I told Jake no and he says well then if you want a picture it'll be another $20 or your not getting one. After telling him I won't do it again and walking away he just got pissy. Also during the entire time me meeting him he seemed uninterested and even cracked some joke about the WWF picture I had and him doing coke. Overall he was a asshole and I regret ever giving him a penny of my money.
Ouch. In all reality even with all this DDP Yoga stuff he's doing I can see him relapsing in a year or two.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Ouch. In all reality even with all this DDP Yoga stuff he's doing I can see him relapsing in a year or two.
I can too now. Scott Hall I think will do well though because he's genuine but Jake The Snake is a asshole. You shouldn't charge for stuff you'd said was free let alone $40. I even told him I donated to him for his fundraiser and he couldn't give two shits while DDP next to him is going all out for the people by him.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
I can too now. Scott Hall I think will do well though because he's genuine but Jake The Snake is a asshole. You shouldn't charge for stuff you'd said was free let alone $40. I even told him I donated to him for his fundraiser and he couldn't give two shits while DDP next to him is going all out for the people by him.
I'm scepticle about Hall. Some people are just beyond help.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:32 PM

Holy Shit almost forgot,

Virgil was at the convention today and he only had one guest at his table the entire time I saw him there.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:19 PM

Old 04-27-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Virgil had one with Million Dollar Man on it and tons of pictures on the table.