King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-22-2013, 08:42 AM
Dittohead

3 Inches of Blood -- Montreal, Quebec -- April 21st, 2013

Venue: Foufounes Electriques
Co-Headline with Goatwhore
Opening Bands: Mass Muder Messiah, Through Death

Drove from Ottawa earlier in the day to enjoy some good grub and bevies before kicking off another spectecular day of metal in Montreal! I love roadtrips to MTL, ain't nothing like em!

On our way to the pub, we walked by the venue earlier to check out set times and ran into Ben from Goatwhore. Shot the shit with him for a while, asked how the tour was going and what not. Had a good conversation with him, real down to Earth guy. He was really excited for the show tonight and to travel to the rest of Eastern Canada since there were places they've never played before (PEI for one, who goes there!?). He said the tour whole tour thru Canada has been a blast, it helps when they've done it before with Canadian thrashers 3iob.

After eating and slamming a few beer down, made way back towards the venue and ran into Cam along the street. Same as Ben, very down to Earth, we chatted it up for a good 30 mins it felt like. Asked why no show in the nation's capital and he said it was GWs tour manager who was the lead and didnt book it unfort. He said they will make it up their next time through on their own.

Alright, to the show...walked in and Through Death were finishing up. I only saw 2 or 3 songs from them. They are a local opener and I was not familiar with them at all. From what I saw, they were fairly good. Next was Mass Murder Messiah. Another local area band and were a hardcore band. I like hardcore and some of the crossover style that they brought. I wouldn't say they made me a fan but they were good. No sets for them, sorry.

While the openers were on, I got to chat with Cam at the merch table for a bit again and ran into Justin near the bar so we had a beer together and chatted it up a bit. James from GW came by as well so back to the bar and had a few shots to prepare ourselves for the evening I let him go get ready for their show and I'll tell you, this was the 6th time I've seen GW and this was by far the best performance I've seen them play! Ripping through the first 3 tracks of Blood for the Master and the pit was already raring to go! Next came my request to the band to which they obliged! THE ALL DESTROYING!!! This tune gets me going and keeps the blood pumping and the adrenaline flowing! Next thing you know, I'm in the pit and knocking people around and screaming along! And I hardly ever pit anymore, I'm old now and cant keep it up like the good ol days! But I just had to for this one! I'm sure the alcohol helped! From this point on, the rest of the set is below but out of order as I can't recall it exactly, but the songs below were played. This band is one of the best live bands around and they are always touring which is good for us as fans. Plenty of opportunity to see them and enjoy everything they bring! If they're ever around, I surely won't miss it! Met up with the band again afterwards, had a few more shots and a few more beer with them to show my appreciation! Great dudes! All of them!

Goatwhore Set:
Collapse in Eternal Worth
When Steel and Bone Meet
Parasitic Scriptures of the Sacred Word
The All Destroying
Nocturnal Holocaust
Alchemy of the Black Sun Cult
Baptized in the Storm of Swords
Sky Inferno
In Deathless Tradition
To Mourn Forever and Wander Through Forgotten Doorways
Judgement of the Bleeding Crown
An End to Nothing
Apocalyptic Havoc

The crowd at this point seemed to disperse a bit. It was actually kind of disappointing as I figured there would have been more people there for 3iob than GW but this wasn't the case for some reason. Perhaps it was due to being a Sunday night? I dunno...But either way, 3iob came out to the album recording of Metal Woman over the PA and ripped right into it instantly! Seeing these guys in small venue form is perfect! The pit was just as violent as it was for GW. Lots of headbanging and fists pumping all through the night! This will make my 7th time seeing them dating back to 2005 when the opened for Motorhead and COC in Calgary! That was my first introduction and have been a fan ever since! They put on another great show as always except this one was not as grand as they have been in the past. For one, Justin was playing bass tonight and Bryan Stroud wasn't there? I'm not sure the reasons for this but maybe it took away from the show, not having the 2nd guitar there. By no stretch was this a bad show, I enjoyed it immensely, but it did lack something this time around. Same as GW, I will always see these guys live whenever they are near me, always a great time and fun to see! Set is below however at this point, I was pretty looped up after all the beer and shots with the bands so some of it is out of order and I am sure I am missing a couple songs too. Sorry And I can't remember when they played it, but there was a cool rendition of Rush-Tom Sawyer played too

3 Inches of Blood Set:
Metal Woman
Snake Fighter
Deadly Sinners
Wykydtron
Leather Lord
Fear on the Bridge
Destroy the Orcs
God of the Cold White Silence
Battles and Brotherhood
Goatrider's Horde
----------------
Dark Messenger

There was an after party at the Katacombs after the show. The guys in GW were inviting me along to continue the party but alas, my DD was leaving to go back to Ottawa so I could not partake in the event. As it was, we didn,t get home til 2:45 and I had to work at 7:30. Probly a good thing as I am already feeling it this AM at work! It woulda been messy had I gone there!
Old 04-22-2013, 08:44 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

I saw this tour when it came to Europe... erm.... whenever that was. This time last year?

Goatwhore were awesome. 3IoB less so. They're becoming pretty boring with each passing album, to be honest.

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull
Old 04-22-2013, 11:03 AM
N00B

I'm seeing this show Sunday with Revocation on it. Totally pumped
Old 04-22-2013, 02:29 PM
N00B

really dissapointed with that 3 inches set, other then Snake Fighter its really the same stuff as always,
Old 04-22-2013, 02:32 PM
N00B

Byron just had a kid a couple months ago, so i assume thats why hes not on the tour
Old 04-23-2013, 06:58 AM
Remember - today is the first day of the end of your life

Excellent review, man! I've enjoyed reading it a lot. I'm looking forward for more of yours; keep it going!

http://www.last.fm/user/voidflame
Old 04-24-2013, 06:09 AM
Dittohead

Thnx man!

@raven-I actually thought that LLHM was a very solid album. Some great tunes on there!!

@ald-I agree that their set is the same as usual, but unfort we know that bands keep to too many staples in their sets and hardly ever change from that. I'm a fan of the band either way so I enjoyed it for what it was! Also, I think Byron was at the shows in the west, maybe he didnt make the trek across due to the newborn? Quite possible...

@nater-Enjoy dude! You wont regret it! You'll get GW headlining and you get Revocation too! We unfort didnt get them

Tags
3 inches of blood, goatwhore