Summer Slaughter -- Knoxville, TN -- July 31st, 2014
Lich King -- Burlington, VT -- July 28th, 2014
Dillinger Escape Plan -- Brooklyn, NY -- July 31st, 2014
Cannibal Corpse -- South Burlington, VT -- July 28th, 2014

Old 02-24-2013, 07:33 AM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Avantasia - The Mystery of Time

Quote:
"The Mystery Of Time", the new album from EDGUY frontman Tobias Sammet's AVANTASIA project, will be released on March 30. The effort will be made available as a regular CD, limited-edition vinyl and limited-edition hardcover book with a 28-page booklet containing ten regular songs and two bonus tracks ("The Cross And You", "Death Is Just A Feeling").

"The Mystery Of Time" will feature guest appearances by Joe Lynn Turner (RAINBOW, DEEP PURPLE, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN), Michael Kiske (UNISONIC, HELLOWEEN), SAXON frontman Biff Byford, former KISS guitarist Bruce Kulick, drummer Russell Gilbrook of URIAH HEEP, AYREON mastermind Arjen Lucassen (also ex-BODINE, VENGEANCE), Ronnie Atkins of Danish hard rock veterans PRETTY MAIDS and MR. BIG frontman Eric Martin.

The new AVANTASIA CD was recorded in part at VOX Klangstudio in Bendestorf, Germany with producer Sascha Paeth (KAMELOT, EDGUY, EPICA, RHAPSODY).

"The Mystery Of Time" track listing:

01. Spectres
02. The Watchmakers' Dream
03. Black Orchid
04. Where Clock Hands Freeze
05. Sleepwalking
06. Savior In The Clockwork
07. Invoke The Machine
08. What's Left Of Me
09. Dweller In A Dream
10. The Great Mystery

I'm really looking forward to this one. While Edguy has gone downhill, Avantasia is as good as ever. Hopefully this limited-edition book isn't an import in North America, because I'd love to get my hands on a copy.
10/10 - Amon Amarth/Sabaton
10/17 - Satan
10/18 - King Diamond
Old 02-24-2013, 07:44 AM
In Search of Truth

I have a feeling I'm going to end up missing Jorn Lande a lot, but I'm still excited as hell about this.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:58 AM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I have a feeling I'm going to end up missing Jorn Lande a lot, but I'm still excited as hell about this.
If it's a new story (which I think it is), then I'm ok with Jorn not being there. He was the voice of the Scarecrow trilogy (aside from Tobias), and while he's a great singer, I wouldn't mind seeing someone new step up and be just as great. On the other hand, all of his work outside of Avantasia hasn't really interested me.
10/10 - Amon Amarth/Sabaton
10/17 - Satan
10/18 - King Diamond
Old 02-24-2013, 08:03 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
If it's a new story (which I think it is), then I'm ok with Jorn not being there. He was the voice of the Scarecrow trilogy (aside from Tobias), and while he's a great singer, I wouldn't mind seeing someone new step up and be just as great. On the other hand, all of his work outside of Avantasia hasn't really interested me.
His career has pretty much gone down the toilet of dullness over the past 5 years. His first couple of solo records have some really cool tracks on them, and his work on Ark's "Burn the Sun" and the first two Masterplan albums are the stuff of legend for me. I love him from that stuff before anything else. The one Beyond Twilight album he's on is pretty awesome if you're into more experimental, dark Prog Metal, and the Allen/Lande CD's are awesome in my book. But yeah, all of his solo/related work since 2008 has gotten really dull to the point that I have next to no interest in it anymore, and the last Masterplan album was almost painfully mediocre.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:50 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

North American debut at the Festival D'ete de Quebec in July.

Rush, Voivod, Foreigner, Def Leppard, and a whole fuckton of shit also on the bill.

30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival
16/9 Richie Kotzen
Old 04-24-2013, 03:58 AM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
His career has pretty much gone down the toilet of dullness over the past 5 years. His first couple of solo records have some really cool tracks on them, and his work on Ark's "Burn the Sun" and the first two Masterplan albums are the stuff of legend for me. I love him from that stuff before anything else. The one Beyond Twilight album he's on is pretty awesome if you're into more experimental, dark Prog Metal, and the Allen/Lande CD's are awesome in my book. But yeah, all of his solo/related work since 2008 has gotten really dull to the point that I have next to no interest in it anymore, and the last Masterplan album was almost painfully mediocre.
Allen/Lande fills me with so much happiness, as do the first two Masterplan albums. The Battle is honestly one of my favorite hard rock albums ever.
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31