Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Skid Row -- Uncasville, CT -- February 13th, 2016
Kiss -- Sioux Falls, SD -- February 11th, 2016
The Winery Dogs -- Barcelona, Spain -- February 10th, 2016
At the Gates -- Orlando, FL -- February 10th, 2016
Disturbed -- Fargo, ND -- February 10th, 2016

  #11  
Old 04-19-2013, 11:33 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is online now
When I trust you we can do it with the lights on
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 8,067
I want to see movies that go more into the Old Republic. Or the future too.

I wouldn't even mind if they killed Luke. He dies some day (there's a comic based in 130ABY where he appears as a force ghost to his great, great grandson Cade) so as long as they give him the ultimate heros death that would be fine.

I just don't want to see rewriting canon. If they have a movie based in 40ABY and Chewbacca is there then I'll flip (spoiler: he dies in around 25ABY in "book land").
__________________
02/14 - Fleshgod Apocalypse
02/27 - Inertia 20th Ann. Show
03/05 - Conan
03/06 - Cradle of Filth
03/11 - Rusty
03/12 - WWE
03/19 - Unearth
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-19-2013, 11:37 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is online now
When I trust you we can do it with the lights on
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 8,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I'm torn a bit on this news. I do agree that it may become watered down with too many movies. Not to mention it can confuse the hell out of the more casual Star War fans because there will be too many stories to keep track of. On the other hand there are so many cool stories and characters from the expanded universe that they can dive deeper into. It's possible they can create some new iconic characters with this as well.

I got my Star Wars figure collecting addiction under control after the marketing for episode 3 had ended. But i'm not sure if I can keep that up if they're gonna be coming out with movies every year since they will have action figures to go with each of them.
I went nuts with figures on eBay a few years ago. I got Darth Revan for forty frigging dollars, not even in a box. But I got it under control after about a years. Now it's hard to find what I'm looking for and the new figures mostly suck. I'm still looking for Bastila Shan, Exar Kun and Ulic Qul-Droma.
__________________
02/14 - Fleshgod Apocalypse
02/27 - Inertia 20th Ann. Show
03/05 - Conan
03/06 - Cradle of Filth
03/11 - Rusty
03/12 - WWE
03/19 - Unearth
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-19-2013, 01:23 PM
John The Drummer's Avatar
John The Drummer John The Drummer is offline
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 7,054
Its all about Dash Rendar...or whatev his name is
__________________
Dalla Nebbia
facebook.com/dallanebbiamusic

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-20-2013, 01:50 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is online now
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I want to see movies that go more into the Old Republic. Or the future too.

I wouldn't even mind if they killed Luke. He dies some day (there's a comic based in 130ABY where he appears as a force ghost to his great, great grandson Cade) so as long as they give him the ultimate heros death that would be fine.

I just don't want to see rewriting canon. If they have a movie based in 40ABY and Chewbacca is there then I'll flip (spoiler: he dies in around 25ABY in "book land").
I wonder if you and I are the only ones here who know what "ABY" stands for?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-20-2013, 02:00 PM
smearCampaign's Avatar
smearCampaign smearCampaign is offline
...the dead are among us!
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: michigan
Posts: 2,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I wonder if you and I are the only ones here who know what "ABY" stands for?
I know that one also.
__________________
2/26 - Goatwhore
3/3-5 - Berserker Fest III
3/18 - Witchaven
3/25 - Archgoat

http://smeardesigns.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-20-2013, 02:44 PM
rjturtle9's Avatar
rjturtle9 rjturtle9 is offline
D.B.B.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 4,045
They should make more movies focusing on the BBY years, maybe the Jedi wars, mandalorian wars, or even the period between Episode III and IV.
__________________
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach." - Nathan Explosion
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-21-2013, 01:09 AM
Sinister_Chalupa666's Avatar
Sinister_Chalupa666 Sinister_Chalupa666 is offline
WHAT THE FUCK...HAVE....I BECOME!!!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 349
Fuck Disney for closing LucasArts and canceling Star Wars 1313 and Star Wars: First Assault
__________________
I.......dropped the screw..........in the tuna!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-21-2013, 04:50 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is online now
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
They should make more movies focusing on the BBY years, maybe the Jedi wars, mandalorian wars, or even the period between Episode III and IV.
I always thought the 20 year gap between episodes 3 and 4 was the most obvious time period to make some movies about. Yes, the Emperor had a great plan with Order 66 in episode 3 but you know it probably wasn't always that easy for him and Vader when it came to taking over the entire galaxy. There had to be some epic battles along the way.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-22-2013, 09:52 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 20,899
I always thought, if any non-Lucas plotline was worth making into a movie, it was Shadow of The Empire.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

3/2 Helloween
21/2 Inglorious
4/3 Wednesday 13
5/3 Wednesday 13
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-23-2013, 08:13 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is online now
When I trust you we can do it with the lights on
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 8,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I always thought the 20 year gap between episodes 3 and 4 was the most obvious time period to make some movies about. Yes, the Emperor had a great plan with Order 66 in episode 3 but you know it probably wasn't always that easy for him and Vader when it came to taking over the entire galaxy. There had to be some epic battles along the way.
There're not too many books that cover that era either so there's a lot of time to work with.
__________________
02/14 - Fleshgod Apocalypse
02/27 - Inertia 20th Ann. Show
03/05 - Conan
03/06 - Cradle of Filth
03/11 - Rusty
03/12 - WWE
03/19 - Unearth
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:22 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008