Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 14th, 2014

Old 04-21-2013, 10:56 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

What's funny to me is while yes, Four Horsemen does shit all over Mechnaix, the primary reason that it does is a section of the song they never play live.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:19 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
with a post like that it shows you never saw Maiden live man

the only time I ever saw someone steal a show from Maiden was Dio on the Virtual 11 show here in Montreal. Nobody has ever or will ever steal a show from Maiden with Bruce on vocals. Megadeth and any other fucking band is complete shit live when compared to Maiden man

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
I looked up the definition of "fanboy" in the dictionary just now, and wouldn't you know it? Your fucking picture was all there was! I fucking love Maiden, but get off it, dude. Seriously.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:29 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
What's funny to me is while yes, Four Horsemen does shit all over Mechnaix, the primary reason that it does is a section of the song they never play live.
I disagree. I like that part, and while I feel it is an important part of the song, it's not the sole reason that it's better than Mechanix. First of all, the lyrics in TFH aren't fucking dumb like the lyrics in Mechanix. Secondly, this is one of those cases where slowing down the music actually makes it heavier. I'm not talking Sad But True styled neutering, but just enough to give it some real groove and headbangability. Thirdly, and this kind of relates to the lyrics as well, but Hetfield was an infinitely better vocalist than Mustaine, even on Kill 'Em All. All that being said, it's hella lame that Metallica has been cutting that section out of TFH live for years.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:34 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

To me, with that part subtracted, both versions of the same. Goofy lyrics about the apocalypse weren't any better than lyrics about bangin a chick. To Metallica's credit, they managed to twist the riff and make it give off the feel of galloping horses whereas Mustaine executed the song to that of a whirrng car motor. It speaks volumes to the versatility of the riff, but that middle section is what makes it undebatable that Four Horsemen is the better song.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:36 PM

Meh. I'll agree to disagree on that one. At least we both agree The Four Horsemen is the better tune.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:39 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

I'll also agree that bringing back Looking Down The Cross and Skull Beneath The Skin live would indeed give Maiden a run for their money live.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:01 PM
Buahahahahaha

Slowing down music always makes it heavier
8/30 Whirr
9/3 Sete Star Sept
9/19 Punch (?)
10/30 KING DIAMOND
Old 04-21-2013, 02:41 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

you guys are insane

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 04-21-2013, 03:05 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
I looked up the definition of "fanboy" in the dictionary just now, and wouldn't you know it? Your fucking picture was all there was! I fucking love Maiden, but get off it, dude. Seriously.

wich one was it ?

this one ?:

or this one ?:

maybe this one ?:

or this one ?:

or that one ?:

wait, was it this one ?:

or this one ?:

or this one?:

ohhhh no, I remember it's this one :

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 04-21-2013, 03:24 PM

It wasn't any of those pictures! I'll give you a hint though: You had something in your mouth, and a couple of things in each hand, and some kind of something all over your face!

Just breakin' your balls, man. But seriously, Megadeth at their peak would give any band a run for their money, be it Maiden or otherwise.