Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 04-19-2013, 04:51 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Clutch -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 18th, 2013

Venue: The Sound Academy

Crucial Velocity
Book, Saddle and Go
Cyborg Bette
The Mob Goes Wild
DC Sound Attack!
The Soapmakers
Burning Beard
Earth Rocker
Unto the Breach
Subtle Hustle
The Regulator
Gone Cold
The Face
Open Up the Border
Oh, Isabella
Dragonfly
------------------
Cypress Grove
Electric Worry

Got there for the beginning of Orange Goblin's set, who I've never been a big fan of. Nothing wrong with the band, but I've never seen anything special about them. They played an energetic, competent set.

Clutch came out and fucking owned it. Lots and lots of new stuff and just the right older stuff for my tastes. The crowd erupted for The Mob Goes Wild as it usually does here. Absolutely loved Neil saying "This is from Robot Hive/Exodus", a dude behind me goes "Gravel Road, Burning Beard or 100011", then they bust into Soapmakers and the dude goes 'DERP'... then a drum solo ensues and THEN they play Burning Beard! The new songs sounded fucking great, especially Cyborg Bette and Unto the Breach, and I loved the inclusion of Open Up the Border and Dragonfly. Clutch can really do no wrong though, great stuff.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:01 AM
Veteran of the Trade

I've been playing with the idea of driving down to houston to see them in May. The setlists this tour look so fun I think I have to. When they come here for the festival appearance I assume they will only get 30 minutes.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:34 AM
...the dead are among us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
I've been playing with the idea of driving down to houston to see them in May. The setlists this tour look so fun I think I have to. When they come here for the festival appearance I assume they will only get 30 minutes.
Same here on driving to the Houston show. I'm still on the fence about that River City Rock Fest. BTW does anyone actually call San Antonio the River City? Not to mention the festival is not even near the riverwalk area.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Veteran of the Trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by smearCampaign View Post
Same here on driving to the Houston show. I'm still on the fence about that River City Rock Fest. BTW does anyone actually call San Antonio the River City? Not to mention the festival is not even near the riverwalk area.
I got a ticket for the rockfest when they were 29.99. With Monday being a holiday I figured I'd risk being able to see GNR once, and expecting to have to wait around hours. I am looking forward to seeing AiC for the first time too. I don't think i ever hear anyone refer to SA as the rivercity lol, but i know i've heard it in the past.

Tags
clutch