Death Angel -- San Francisco, CA -- December 27th, 2014
Protest the Hero -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 27th, 2014
Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014

Old 04-14-2013, 04:56 AM
One who onions things

Lizzy Borden -- Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2013

Got to the Rainbow to do a White Wizzard interview. Ended up chatting with Jon Leon, the new singer Joseph Michael, and guitarists Will Wallner and Jake Dreyer. Every one of them was exceptionally kind and cool- easily one of the nicest groups of people I have ever met. Will in particular is just such a jolly, social individual. He and I later geeked out about Eric Clapton and Gary Moore later in the night- just an amazingly cool guy all around, as were Jon, Jake and Joseph. Jon showed me a new song off the upcoming record, it kicks so much ass, you fools have no idea. Jake and Will just tear shit up on it, the solos will blow you all away as will Joseph's ridiculous vocals. This might be the definitive White Wizzard lineup folks. Interview was very funny and informative and the same time, it should be a good one!

White Wizzard tore shit up. Torpedo of Truth sounded awesome and Joseph did a great job on the older stuff. High Speed GTO will always be Luna's song, but Joseph still did it well. Jake and Will were insane on guitars.

1. Torpedo of Truth
2. 40 Deuces
3. Flying Tigers
4. Out of Control
5. Over the Top
6. High Speed GTO

Hung out with Will on and off throughout the night, occasionally Joseph joined in with his shenanigans. I ran into random Bay Area folks weirdly enough, which was nice I guess. Anyway Lizzy Borden came on and were actually really good. Their songs have aged very well and Lizzy's voice is in wonderful shape. The solos were lame, but the performances of the songs themselves were really good.

1. Master of Disguise
2. Notorious
3. Red Rum
4. Loving You is Murder
5. Rod of Iron
Bass Solo
6. Tomorrow Never Comes
7. The Perfect Poison
8. Under Your Skin
9. Rebel Yell (Billy Idol cover)
10. Visual Lies
11. Outcast
12. We Only Come Out at Night
13. There Will Be Blood Tonight
Guitar Solo
14. Me Against the World
15. American Metal
Encore
Drum Solo
16. Give 'Em the Axe
17. Born to Be Wild (Steppenwolf cover)

Lizzy and the band did a free meet n greet at their merch table while I kicked it with the Wizzard dudes for the rest of the night. Will went to chat with some guy who used to play with Yngwie, so I find Jon and he's chatting with some guy about Flotsam and Jetsam. This dude says "oh, I helped produce their first album". I ask him his name, he just says "Bill". Upon which I then realize that I'm talking to Bill Metoyer, one of the most badass metal engineers ever. I then proceed to geek out over how amazing I find his work. We then talk about the Sabbath, Zeppelin and other random things. The Whisky finally kicks everyone out and I say my goodbyes to Jon, Will, Jake and Joseph. I can't remember the last time a band was so welcoming to a guy they literally just met that night, it'll be a night I won't forget any time soon.

On the way home I encountered a young alcoholic first generation Asian dude who wanted to take the bus to the ocean for some reason. After getting off at my stop, I began the 2 mile walk home. I was approached by a twenty something white kid whose voice was torn to shreds and claiming to be a rapper and he asked me to "check his rhymes". I politely declined. I walked another mile and then some guy asked me where the nearest cheap hotel was. Somehow I got his life story- he's some dude from New Jersey whose girlfriend left him and took his stuff, he was supposed to sell Adderall to his neighbor in exchange for a place to stay that night but ended up stranded in Westwood. I suggested finding a place to stay in Santa Monica. He said he was 'red-tagged' for being caught selling weed there or something. He then tried to sell me weed. Again I politely declined. Now I'm here, reminiscing about what an amazing, yet weird fucking day I had.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16

Last edited by Onioner; 04-18-2013 at 03:44 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:15 AM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
Got to the Rainbow to do a White Wizzard interview. Ended up chatting with Jon Leon, the new singer Joseph Michael, and guitarists Will Wallner and Jake Dreyer. Every one of them was exceptionally kind and cool- easily one of the nicest groups of people I have ever met. Will in particular is just such a jolly, social individual. He and I later geeked out about Eric Clapton and Gary Moore later in the night- just an amazingly cool guy all around, as were Jon, Jake and Joseph. Jon showed me a new song off the upcoming record, it kicks so much ass, you fools have no idea. Jake and Will just tear shit up on it, the solos will blow you all away as will Joseph's ridiculous vocals. This might be the definitive White Wizzard lineup folks. Interview was very funny and informative and the same time, it should be a good one!
Now I'm really pumped about the new record! Did they say when it is coming out?

Also, for anyone who has not seen White Wizzard before, you are really missing out. Those guys put on a truly great show. Sounds like a fun night!
Old 04-14-2013, 07:32 AM
Sad Wings Of Destiny

I just discovered Lizzy Borden last year so I'm a little jealous you got to see them. They announced their big 30th anniversary tour but they haven't posted any dates near me.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:08 AM
Dave Meniketti is God.

They were supposed to play in Rhode Island last week but cancelled for whatever reasons. I was a bit bummed, always wanted to see them. Glad you had a good time.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:30 PM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

I love both White Wizzard and Lizzy Borden, so this must have been a extremely great show!
Old 04-14-2013, 04:04 PM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
Now I'm really pumped about the new record! Did they say when it is coming out?

Also, for anyone who has not seen White Wizzard before, you are really missing out. Those guys put on a truly great show. Sounds like a fun night!
New record is out June 25th! You can find random details and such on WW's Facebook.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16

Tags
lizzy borden, white wizzard