Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cannibal Corpse -- South Burlington, VT -- July 28, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Camden, NJ -- July 30th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013

Old 03-30-2013, 04:08 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
as far as I'm concern it's gay music for the most part, but congrats on stickin' to it, the job itself is really well done

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Hahahaha... Great back-handed compliment.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:01 AM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

15.Shout At The Devil - Motley Crue

Year Of Release: 1983

Tracklist:
1.In The Beginning
2.Shout At The Devil
3.Looks That Kill
4.Bastard
5.God Bless The Children Of The Beast
6.Helter Skelter
7.Red Hot
8.Too Young To Fall In Love
9.Knock 'Em Dead Kid
10.Ten Seconds To Love
11.Danger

Genre: Heavy Metal

Motley Crue are not only one of the best glam metal bands around, they're one of the best metal bands around period.But around this time, the only thing glam about Motley Crue was their image.Their music on this album (and the first) was just straight up heavy metal, I don't care what anybody says.Mick Mars is one of the most underrated guitar players of all-time, and Nikki Sixx can handle the bass pretty well.Tommy Lee is of course one of the legendary drummers that came out of 80's, and Vince Neil's voice on this record fits the type of "Danger"(no pun intended) this album tries to bring perfectly.Highlights include the two punch attack of "Shout At The Devil" and "Looks That Kill", and my all-time favorite Crue song "Too Young To Fall In Love".All in all a classic metal album.

Standout Track:
"Too Young To Fall In Love" http://grooveshark.com/s/Too+Young+T...e/19mRJc?src=5

Last edited by TheWildAndTheYoung; 03-30-2013 at 05:03 AM.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:04 AM

14.Creatures Of The Night - KISS

Year Of Release: 1982

Tracklist:
1.Creatures Of The Night
2.Saint And Sinner
3.Keep me Comin'
4.Rock And Roll Hell
5.Danger
6.I Love It Loud
7.I Still Love You
8.Killer
9.War Machine

Yep, another KISS album already! Here we have the last KISS make-up album of the 80's, and undoubtedly the best.Actually, this is KISS's BEST album period.It's also their heaviest album period.Vinnie Vincent's guitars are excellent and add more to the overall heavyness of the record.Gene Simmons is of course great at the vocals and even better on the bass.Paul Stanley is as I've said before my favorite singer of KISS, and he keeps strong rhythm guitars throughout the whole record.Eric Carr is an absolute beast of a drummer, and the drum tone of this album is better than almost any other album in history IMO, they just sound like cannons! This is the best work that any of the members of KISS have put out, ever.Standouts include the highly underrated ballad "I Still Love You", the best Gene song of all time "War Machine", and the best KISS song of the all time, the rockin' title-track.

Standout Track:
"Creatures Of The Night" http://grooveshark.com/s/Creatures+O...t/3amugd?src=5
Old 03-30-2013, 01:27 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Great album but it could be better with fewer vocals from Gene. Saint and Sinner would be much better with Paul.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 03-31-2013, 06:09 AM

13.These Days - Bon Jovi

Year Of Release: 1995

Tracklist:
1.Hey God
2.Something For The Pain
3.This Ain't A Love Song
4.These Days
5.Lie To Me
6.Damned
7.My Guitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms
8.(It's Hard) Letting You Go
9.Hearts Breaking Even
10.Something To Believe In
11.If That's What It Takes
12.Diamond Ring

Genre: Hard Rock/Blues Rock

Bon Jovi go even further away from their glam metal sound on These Days, in fact any trace of glam that was on Keep The Faith is now completely gone.On this album, Bon Jovi matured even more significantly than on Keep The Faith, and took more of a blues rock approach.This album features some of Richie Sambora's best guitar and backing vocal work, as well as Jon's vocals and his guitar (on the songs he plays guitar on).David Bryan is probably at his best on this record, and Tico Torres and Hugh McDonald keep the strong rhythm that the band as always excelled at IMO.Standouts include the very underrated "Hearts Breaking Even" (even though it bares a striking resemblance to Aerosmith's "Cryin'"), the stellar title track ballad, and my personnel favorite, "Something For The Pain".Those of you who are not a fan of glam metal Bon Jovi should check this out if haven't already, it might just surprise you.

Standout Track:
"Something For The Pain" http://grooveshark.com/s/Something+F...n/1ULmHu?src=5
Old 03-31-2013, 09:03 AM

12.The Crimson Idol - W.A.S.P.

Year Of Release: 1992

Tracklist:
1.The Titanic Overture
2.The Invisible Boy
3.Arena Of Pleasure
4.Chainsaw Charlie (Murders In The New Morgue)
5.The Gypsy Meets The Boy
6.Doctor Rockter
7.I Am One
8.The Idol
9.Hold On To My Heart
10.The Great Misconceptions Of Me
11.The Story Of Jonathan (Prologue To The Crimson Idol) (reissue bonus track)

W.A.S.P., one of my top five favorite bands of all time as of recently.This album is definitely their best, and is also definitely one of the best concept albums of all time IMO.Everything is great about this album, from the opening haunting track "The Titanic Overture" to the closing narrative "The Story Of Jonathan" (if you have the reissue).Blackie Lawless has just made a true masterpiece, and nothing he ever made or ever will make will never top this, never, ever.Standouts include the best ballad WASP ever made "Hold On To My Heart", the highly underrated "Doctor Rockter", and my favorite WASP song of all time, the metal bombast of "Chainsaw Charlie (Murders In The New Morgue)".

Standout Track:
"Chainsaw Charlie (Murders In The New Morgue)" http://grooveshark.com/s/Chainsaw+Ch...e/3VXRjJ?src=5

Last edited by TheWildAndTheYoung; 06-11-2014 at 06:55 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:07 PM

11.Stranger In This Town - Richie Sambora

Year Of Release: 1991

Tracklist:
1.Rest In Peace
2.Church Of Desire
3.Stranger In This Town
4.Ballad Of Youth
5.One Light Burning
6.Mr. Bluesman
7.Rosie
8.River Of Love
9.Father Time
10.The Answer

Genre: Hard Rock/Blues

After the release of the monster album "New Jersey", Bon Jovi split and all most members worked on the solo projects, leaving the question "Is Bon Jovi gone?".Well, as you all know they were just on a hiatus, but this isn't about Bon Jovi.This is about Richie Sambora, probably the second biggest influence on my guitar playing, who released one of the greatest and most underrated albums of all-time.Even though I said this isn't about Bon Jovi, in fact Tico Torres and David Bryan played all the drums and piano on this record, with Tony Levin playing the bass and "Chapman Stick".As far as guitar playing goes, this is Richie's best album.The guitars have a great bluesy tone, and he provides those notes that just hook people.His vocals are also really great as well, and definitely one of his best in that element has well.Standouts include the meaningful ballads, the epic "Father Time" and the the more simple "The Answer", and one of the most underrated rock songs of all time "Ballad Of Youth" (which in fact is not a ballad).This is something that Bon Jovi fans can enjoy, but I'm pretty sure non-Bon Jovi fans will most likely enjoy to.

Standout Track:
"Ballad Of Youth" http://grooveshark.com/s/Ballad+Of+Youth/3PSbFs?src=5
Old 03-31-2013, 06:17 PM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
as far as I'm concern it's gay music for the most part, but congrats on stickin' to it, the job itself is really well done

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Pretty much this. Props to your dedication and hey I sampled some of the stuff on here but found most of it just really bad.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
Pretty much this. Props to your dedication and hey I sampled some of the stuff on here but found most of it just really bad.
Np, at least you checked them out.Pretty much all different genres of metal or rock that I like are represented here, so if you like it great, but if you don't I don't expect you to because most people here don't like the music I like.Keep on rockin' anyways!
Old 03-31-2013, 06:41 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
If I did a list like this you'd love it.