Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

Old 03-28-2013, 05:38 PM
though the vocals can be a little to extreme for me some times

Too bad Saturn is homeless now I think. Last time I heard he was trying to clean himself up.

And man if you think ECW was brutal watch some of the smaller brands (or stuff from Japan) that had the ECW guys. I remember one match that had Terry Funk it in vs three other guys and there were no ropes and the outside was covered in nails,tacks,barbed wired,glass, and a bomb. So when they'd land it'd explode then once the 30 minute mark for the match hit the ring exploded. Shits crazy.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:48 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

The "Total Elimination" finisher the Eliminators had was one wicked move (that's the tag-team Saturn had with Kronos).
07/04 - Agalloch
08/23 - Alice in Chains
12/06 - the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 03-29-2013, 06:25 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Too bad Saturn is homeless now I think. Last time I heard he was trying to clean himself up.

And man if you think ECW was brutal watch some of the smaller brands (or stuff from Japan) that had the ECW guys. I remember one match that had Terry Funk it in vs three other guys and there were no ropes and the outside was covered in nails,tacks,barbed wired,glass, and a bomb. So when they'd land it'd explode then once the 30 minute mark for the match hit the ring exploded. Shits crazy.
Saturn isn't homeless anymore. I read on a few wrestling news sites a couple years ago that he's living in Minnesota and got married. There were even photos that surfaced online that showed him with a woman and proved he was still around. Dude did go MIA for a lot of years. In fact people thought he had died since he never showed up at the funerals of Chris Candido and John Kronus, both of whom he was very good friends with. From what I read, not even family and friends knew where to find him for a number of years.

The main story I read about Saturn before he disappeared was that he saw these two guys assaulting a female one day on the street and he went to go help her and while doing that he got shot in the neck and shoulder area. This was about 10 years ago. I guess the injuries he suffered from that caused him to leave wrestling and get addicted to pills and that's probably why he disappeared for so long. If he was homeless for a good amount of time he may have never even known about Candido and Kronus passing away. It's a sad story but at least it seems he's picked himself back up again. I have no idea if he ever came back to wrestling again at all though.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:58 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post

Yea that's the thing. Critics gave ECW crap in the early days but really, building that company around Terry Funk at first was the smartest thing they could have done because he was just naturally that crazy, and doing those types of matches anyway.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:10 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
That tag match at One Night Stand was awesome. If you couldn't take how "brutal" it became then there is a bunch of shit the original ECW did that you need to avoid.
Oh I've seen some of those matches back in the late 90s, I have a good amount of old PPV's on VHS. The most notable memory I have of the good old days was Buh Buh Ray yelling at a mother/daughter in the front row saying "I BET YOU TAUGHT YOUR DAUGHTER HOW TO SUCK COCK!!!"

I am quite squeemish now a days, even just seeing a needle makes me cold. It was hard to see them have to cut Terry Funk out of the barbed wire... BUT OH SO AMAZING at the same time.

Got through another match last night on Barely Legal, Shane Douglas vs Pitbull #2, goddamn, that match was boring. Seemed like they were just having an off night. I plan on finishing it tonight. Makes me really miss wrasslin' in the 90s

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-29-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Yea that's the thing. Critics gave ECW crap in the early days but really, building that company around Terry Funk at first was the smartest thing they could have done because he was just naturally that crazy, and doing those types of matches anyway.
Terry Funk is a fucking madman but the nicest wrestling guy I've ever met. I loved every second the few times I got to meet him and the one time I got to hang out with him at a ceremony then ride in a hotel elevator with him.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:09 PM
Music Is Good

This 22 second clip was more entertaining than anything in the last decade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOQ5aiDb2MY
Old 03-29-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post

IS HE ACTUALLY BACK AS A WRESTLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 06:32 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:

Dude hasn't aged a day!
07/04 - Agalloch
08/23 - Alice in Chains
12/06 - the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 03-30-2013, 05:49 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:

What has happened to this company? Steve Blackman really does ask the right question there doesn't he?