Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014

  #11  
Old 03-28-2013, 10:05 AM
300%_Density 300%_Density is offline
When your grabbing ass with your friends...
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Prison Planet
Posts: 3,470
Before talking to Tommy, just from heresay, he sounded like he screwed over alot of people that worked w/ him from before. Then after talking to Tommy it kind of validated what I already thought. To me it sounds like the Jourgansens have kind of an Osbourne thing going a little, only Al's wife seems a bit more difficult than Sharon. The cliff notes version is Al hasn't paid Tommy shit for a couple albums:

This was the review where I talked to Tommy http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20851

The CUL8Tour was kind of a middle finger but I guess it didn't anger me as much as it did some.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-28-2013, 10:16 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is online now
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,081
I can't stand the man, based off my experience from the C U L8tour. But unfortunately I really like his music.

I won't bother with this though, unless it's a monster of an album.
__________________
08/08 -- A Silver Mt. Zion
08/23 -- Alice in Chains
09/19 -- Deafheaven
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-28-2013, 10:45 AM
Steev Steev is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,294
What happened at the Cu l8 tour that was so bad???

I've seen the DVD they put out and seemed alright
__________________
This is Hardcore
NIN/Soundgarden
Mayhem
Kiss/Def Leppard
Uproar
Crue/Alice Cooper
Fishbone
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-28-2013, 10:54 AM
300%_Density 300%_Density is offline
When your grabbing ass with your friends...
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Prison Planet
Posts: 3,470
http://www.antimusic.com/news/07/nov...U_LaTouR.shtml

Releasing this press release and then not follow up and have the show be nowhere near the press release.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-28-2013, 11:39 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is online now
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev View Post
What happened at the Cu l8 tour that was so bad???

I've seen the DVD they put out and seemed alright
I posted this review a few weeks ago. But digging through the archives on this forum there were a couple other people who weren't too impressed either.
__________________
08/08 -- A Silver Mt. Zion
08/23 -- Alice in Chains
09/19 -- Deafheaven
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-28-2013, 11:45 AM
Derelict's Avatar
Derelict Derelict is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev View Post
What happened at the Cu l8 tour that was so bad???

I've seen the DVD they put out and seemed alright
They put out that ridiculous press release saying how there would be songs from every album, awesome guests, etc etc.

The only guest that showed up to a show was Wayne Static reading the lyrics to "So What" off of a sheet while performing.

Oh, and Al was too lazy to do the vocals on the 4 "classic" songs they did, so they brought Burton Bell along to do the lyrics on those songs.
__________________
7/20 QOTSA
7/30 NINSG
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-28-2013, 11:47 AM
Dogman's Avatar
Dogman Dogman is offline
Give Me A Dollar or Give Me Fifty Cents!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pottstown, PA
Posts: 127
I've seen Ministry live many times over the last 25 years and didn't see the C U Latour, or whatever it was called. But it seems to me that people were angry at that tour because Al didn't perform the songs THEY wanted to hear, so hence it sucked. For me, seeing Ministry has always been a great experience and having never met Al Jourgensen or his wife I can't comment on their assholeness or lack thereof. But I can speak on Tommy Victor's assholeness having met him many times in the last 25 years or so. Tommy has a HUUUUUGE chip on his shoulder because his band "never made it." In the early 90's we ran into each other on numerous occasions and he was always a dick. My cousin was a huge fan and always made homemade shirts and awesome gifts for those guys, and while Ted and Troy, and later Raven, were always cool and humble, Tommy was always a complete dick. And once yelled at my friend because he was wearing a Helmet shirt and screamed "they stole our whole sound and made it nice and palatable for the masses." So, Al may or may not be a dick but Tommy most certainly is. And I'd take anything he says with a grain of salt.
__________________
Yes - 7/19
Days Of The New - 7/24
Queen - 7/26
Billy Joel - 8/2
Nellie McKay - 8/3
Francis Dunnery - 9/11
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-28-2013, 11:58 AM
Steev Steev is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,294
I only saw Ministry once, all I remember is the show ran super late and after awhile dragged on(like they got off the stage around 1am, but took an eternity between songs)


As for Tommy, I met him 2 years ago at Rock On The Range, seemed like a nice guy to me
__________________
This is Hardcore
NIN/Soundgarden
Mayhem
Kiss/Def Leppard
Uproar
Crue/Alice Cooper
Fishbone
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:09 PM
Derelict's Avatar
Derelict Derelict is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
I've seen Ministry live many times over the last 25 years and didn't see the C U Latour, or whatever it was called. But it seems to me that people were angry at that tour because Al didn't perform the songs THEY wanted to hear, so hence it sucked. For me, seeing Ministry has always been a great experience and having never met Al Jourgensen or his wife I can't comment on their assholeness or lack thereof. But I can speak on Tommy Victor's assholeness having met him many times in the last 25 years or so. Tommy has a HUUUUUGE chip on his shoulder because his band "never made it." In the early 90's we ran into each other on numerous occasions and he was always a dick. My cousin was a huge fan and always made homemade shirts and awesome gifts for those guys, and while Ted and Troy, and later Raven, were always cool and humble, Tommy was always a complete dick. And once yelled at my friend because he was wearing a Helmet shirt and screamed "they stole our whole sound and made it nice and palatable for the masses." So, Al may or may not be a dick but Tommy most certainly is. And I'd take anything he says with a grain of salt.
Actually no, they didn't play any of the shit that they promised they were playing in the press release about the tour.
__________________
7/20 QOTSA
7/30 NINSG
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-28-2013, 08:03 PM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
Actually no, they didn't play any of the shit that they promised they were playing in the press release about the tour.
Yeah that's true. I love Ministry and always will but they have done some shady shit to their fans. More than any other band I follow probably.

The last 3 times I saw them live I got 70-90% Bush stuff. I like that shit but if you say a "greatest hits" farewell tour, it should be just that. Not the same set you played the last 2 times on tour.
__________________
7/30 - Offspring
8/4 - Soundgarden & NIN
9/27 - Clutch
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:15 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008