Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Dropdead -- Scottsdale, AZ -- August 30th, 2014
Chevelle -- Wallingford, CT -- August 30th, 2014
Morbid Saint -- Riverview, MI -- August 30th, 2014
Third Eye Blind -- Royal Oak, MI -- August 30th, 2014
Sleep -- Pioneertown, CA -- August 30th, 2014

Old 03-28-2013, 10:05 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Before talking to Tommy, just from heresay, he sounded like he screwed over alot of people that worked w/ him from before. Then after talking to Tommy it kind of validated what I already thought. To me it sounds like the Jourgansens have kind of an Osbourne thing going a little, only Al's wife seems a bit more difficult than Sharon. The cliff notes version is Al hasn't paid Tommy shit for a couple albums:

This was the review where I talked to Tommy http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20851

The CUL8Tour was kind of a middle finger but I guess it didn't anger me as much as it did some.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:16 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

I can't stand the man, based off my experience from the C U L8tour. But unfortunately I really like his music.

I won't bother with this though, unless it's a monster of an album.
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy
Old 03-28-2013, 10:45 AM
N00B

What happened at the Cu l8 tour that was so bad???

I've seen the DVD they put out and seemed alright
Old 03-28-2013, 10:54 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

http://www.antimusic.com/news/07/nov...U_LaTouR.shtml

Releasing this press release and then not follow up and have the show be nowhere near the press release.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:39 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev View Post

I posted this review a few weeks ago. But digging through the archives on this forum there were a couple other people who weren't too impressed either.
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy
Old 03-28-2013, 11:45 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev View Post

They put out that ridiculous press release saying how there would be songs from every album, awesome guests, etc etc.

The only guest that showed up to a show was Wayne Static reading the lyrics to "So What" off of a sheet while performing.

Oh, and Al was too lazy to do the vocals on the 4 "classic" songs they did, so they brought Burton Bell along to do the lyrics on those songs.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:47 AM
Give Me A Dollar or Give Me Fifty Cents!

I've seen Ministry live many times over the last 25 years and didn't see the C U Latour, or whatever it was called. But it seems to me that people were angry at that tour because Al didn't perform the songs THEY wanted to hear, so hence it sucked. For me, seeing Ministry has always been a great experience and having never met Al Jourgensen or his wife I can't comment on their assholeness or lack thereof. But I can speak on Tommy Victor's assholeness having met him many times in the last 25 years or so. Tommy has a HUUUUUGE chip on his shoulder because his band "never made it." In the early 90's we ran into each other on numerous occasions and he was always a dick. My cousin was a huge fan and always made homemade shirts and awesome gifts for those guys, and while Ted and Troy, and later Raven, were always cool and humble, Tommy was always a complete dick. And once yelled at my friend because he was wearing a Helmet shirt and screamed "they stole our whole sound and made it nice and palatable for the masses." So, Al may or may not be a dick but Tommy most certainly is. And I'd take anything he says with a grain of salt.
The Dream Syndicate - 11/15
Old 03-28-2013, 11:58 AM
N00B

I only saw Ministry once, all I remember is the show ran super late and after awhile dragged on(like they got off the stage around 1am, but took an eternity between songs)

As for Tommy, I met him 2 years ago at Rock On The Range, seemed like a nice guy to me
Old 03-28-2013, 02:09 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
I've seen Ministry live many times over the last 25 years and didn't see the C U Latour, or whatever it was called. But it seems to me that people were angry at that tour because Al didn't perform the songs THEY wanted to hear, so hence it sucked. For me, seeing Ministry has always been a great experience and having never met Al Jourgensen or his wife I can't comment on their assholeness or lack thereof. But I can speak on Tommy Victor's assholeness having met him many times in the last 25 years or so. Tommy has a HUUUUUGE chip on his shoulder because his band "never made it." In the early 90's we ran into each other on numerous occasions and he was always a dick. My cousin was a huge fan and always made homemade shirts and awesome gifts for those guys, and while Ted and Troy, and later Raven, were always cool and humble, Tommy was always a complete dick. And once yelled at my friend because he was wearing a Helmet shirt and screamed "they stole our whole sound and made it nice and palatable for the masses." So, Al may or may not be a dick but Tommy most certainly is. And I'd take anything he says with a grain of salt.
Actually no, they didn't play any of the shit that they promised they were playing in the press release about the tour.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:03 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
Actually no, they didn't play any of the shit that they promised they were playing in the press release about the tour.
Yeah that's true. I love Ministry and always will but they have done some shady shit to their fans. More than any other band I follow probably.

The last 3 times I saw them live I got 70-90% Bush stuff. I like that shit but if you say a "greatest hits" farewell tour, it should be just that. Not the same set you played the last 2 times on tour.