Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014
Tony MacAlpine -- Vienna, VA -- October 19th, 2014
Neurosis -- Tucson, AZ -- October 18th, 2014

Old 03-20-2013, 03:48 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I agree the WWE's booking is terrible right now. But they still don't have enough talent to have so many titles right now.
No, they have a bunch of guys on their roster, it's just that half of them don't get put on television or don't ever have decent matches with enough time.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:02 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
No, they have a bunch of guys on their roster, it's just that half of them don't get put on television or don't ever have decent matches with enough time.
Agreed. Justin Gabriel or someone else (maybe Heath Slater, I've really never seen him in a match) could have great, entertaining matches and make a low-tier title exciting. But the WWE will never give them time because they're not draws. And their not draws because the WWE never gives them time. It's a vicious cycle. In WWE for the last ten years if you're not a star right out of the gate after your debut you're not worth it and you're cast aside.

And they're not huge, musclemen either, which Vince is gay for.
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
03/07 - Video Games Live
Old 03-20-2013, 04:15 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Agreed. Justin Gabriel or someone else (maybe Heath Slater, I've really never seen him in a match) could have great, entertaining matches and make a low-tier title exciting. But the WWE will never give them time because they're not draws. And their not draws because the WWE never gives them time. It's a vicious cycle. In WWE for the last ten years if you're not a star right out of the gate after your debut you're not worth it and you're cast aside.

And they're not huge, musclemen either, which Vince is gay for.
I saw Slater wrestler Wade Barrette at the Summerslam Fan Axxis thing and boy can Slater wrestler! The crowd was loving him too! WWE is just horrible when it comes to booking. They have a better roster then they ever have, but the refusal to push the undercard guys, and the restrictions they put on the wrestlers really makes it seem as if they don't have a good roster. Half of the WWE guys can wrestle just as good as the TNA guys, but they don't because of the limited move set WWE gives them. WWE isn't a wrestling program anymore, it's an entertainment show geared towards families.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:20 PM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

Weren't Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd a tag team? I think it was Kidd at least. They were absolutely amazing, and put an such amazing matches, when given the time. I think one of them got injured though

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-20-2013, 04:58 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
Which is one of the reasons why they need to drop some of the titles. If they're not using their roster to the fulliest there is no point in having so many championships around. The world heavyweight title is treated like the IC title was years ago. So why not just drop it and have the guys who would feud for that title do it with the IC title instead? Let's face it, Del Rio and Swagger aren't main eventers, so it makes more sense since the brand extension isn't around anymore to have the IC title as the secondary championship instead. Plus, since the rosters float freely between shows now it makes no sense to have two world champs.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:51 PM

So is the brand extension pretty much done now? Or are there guys who are still Raw guys or Smackdown guys?
03/07 - Video Games Live
Old 03-20-2013, 05:58 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
So is the brand extension pretty much done now? Or are there guys who are still Raw guys or Smackdown guys?
Well, if you go to WWE.com they still have people set on the RAW or SD brands. Get this, both Barrett and Cesaro are SD guys and they hold the two single mid card titles. How the fuck does that make sense? The only fulltime guys who don't show up on SD regularly anymore are Cena and Punk. Nobody else on the roster is a big enough star to be exclusive to RAW except those two.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:16 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

So what does everyone think of Booker T being inducted in the HOF?
Old 03-20-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
So what does everyone think of Booker T being inducted in the HOF?
I've always liked Booker but I still see him as a WCW guy more than a WWE guy. But I'm glad for him.
03/07 - Video Games Live
Old 03-20-2013, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Well, if you go to WWE.com they still have people set on the RAW or SD brands. Get this, both Barrett and Cesaro are SD guys and they hold the two single mid card titles. How the fuck does that make sense? The only fulltime guys who don't show up on SD regularly anymore are Cena and Punk. Nobody else on the roster is a big enough star to be exclusive to RAW except those two.
We all knew it was going to end some day. It's too bad they let it fizzle out because they could've had a huge PPV as the end of the brand extension. Had a bunch of title unification matches and top star of brands face off. The brand extension was great from the beginning but really started dying around 2005. When Cena came to Raw, when Eddie died and I think Batista got hurt and ended up missing a ton of time.
03/07 - Video Games Live