Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014
Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014

Old 03-18-2013, 10:38 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

As good as I said the card is shaping up nothing has me excited this year and making me want to buy Wrestlemania. Last year was the first one I've ever missed (only because I forgot it started at 7pm instead of 8pm and didn't want to buy it an hour into the show) but this year I just don't see why bother. It just seems like this year is the year of "whatever". And it's going to be interesting to see where the WWE goes after Wrestlemania when four of the marquee guys they're building the show around are gone (Rock, Undertaker, Triple H and Brock).

They need to give wins to the Shield and Ryback.
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 03-19-2013, 07:50 AM
Concert Veteran

Yeah, I have a "whatever" feeling about this mania as well. I guess Vince figures since last year was the biggest buy rate mania ever did that Rock/Cena will be able to do that or better this year since the title is on the line this time. There's a few problems with that though, they had a shit match last year so people might not be that excited to see it again. Also, with Rock not appearing on RAW even though he's champ isn't gonna get people interested in paying for the remacth anyways since we all know Cena is winning since the Rock will be off to promote/shoot another movie. Last year there was at least some intrigue on who would win the match, this year there isn't.

I think more people buy mania now to see The Undertaker defend the streak more than anything else. He only wrestles once a year now and has something very special to keep in tact with the streak. Over the last fews years there's been just a little bit of doubt as to weather he would keep the streak or not. It has been the most interesting thing about mania for the last few years. I think because of this Takers match gets more people to buy the show than Vince would like us to believe.

The rest of the card isn't looking too bad at all. I just hope after their altercation last night on RAW that they don't have Jericho wrestle Fagdungo at mania. What a fuckin waste of Jericho's time and talent if it comes to that. This comeback has turned out to be worse than last year's for him. It looks like it will be Miz and Barrett for the IC title but I have no clue what they're doing with Cesaro and US title for the show which is almost as sad as the position Jericho is in right now.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:24 AM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Yeah YJ2 needs one more title run. Del Rio and Swag are whatever, give Y2J the title!
Tough Mudder-10/26
Real Friends/Neck Deep?-11/7
Old 03-19-2013, 10:37 AM

The best thing the guys on the radio show said was that they seem to be putting all their eggs in one basket this year. They're going all out with Cena, Rock, Undertaker, Triple H and Brock and things seem to be leading well into Wrestlemania XXX next year. But they haven't done anything to build up after that. Really, think of Wretlemania 32 or 33. Rock, Triple H, Undertaker and Brock will most defiantly be gone by then. And even guys like Jericho, Kane, Misterio and Mark Henry very likely will be gone by then. Shit, even Cena and Randy Orton will be up there by that time as well. They really need to do something in the next few months to build stars for the next ten years because the people they keep coming back to depend on won't be able to do it for much longer. And it should start at Wrestlemania this year. That's why the Sheild should go over and Ryback should go over. And as much as I'm not a big fan of either, Swagger and Del Rio should be more than just curtain jerkers. And it's been talked about for weeks how CM Punk going over the Undertaker will instantly make him THE MAN for the next ten years.
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend

Last edited by adamclark52; 03-19-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:37 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

I think the HHH Brock match might be a bloodbath though. I feel that match along with Taker's will be great.

I mean we've learned over the years that HHH is always good a brawl no DQ match as is Lesner.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
I think the HHH Brock match might be a bloodbath though. I feel that match along with Taker's will be great.

I mean we've learned over the years that HHH is always good a brawl no DQ match as is Lesner.
I agree 100%, especially if it is going to be Triple H's last match. He'll go all out if it is.
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 03-19-2013, 07:13 PM
WHAT THE FUCK...HAVE....I BECOME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
And it's been talked about for weeks how CM Punk going over the Undertaker will instantly make him THE MAN for the next ten years.
That's because it will make him THE MAN if he breaks the streak. I mean the guy has already reached superstar status but beating taker will send him into legend status of this company. It will be the best thing to happen to the WWE and for Punk and I know for a fact Taker would be all for it since he respects the fuck out of Punk. Idk if the WWE will pull the trigger on it though.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:22 PM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister_Chalupa666 View Post
That's because it will make him THE MAN if he breaks the streak. I mean the guy has already reached superstar status but beating taker will send him into legend status of this company. It will be the best thing to happen to the WWE and for Punk and I know for a fact Taker would be all for it since he respects the fuck out of Punk. Idk if the WWE will pull the trigger on it though.
They dont. But the match should deliver.

Fandango vs Y2J better not happen...
Tough Mudder-10/26
Real Friends/Neck Deep?-11/7
Old 03-19-2013, 08:37 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

}andango is annoying as shit. He better have some ring skills to make for his terrible character.

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-19-2013, 09:00 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
}andango is annoying as shit. He better have some ring skills to make for his terrible character.
He won't. They will drop his character really quick.