Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 03-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

"Three out of four doctors recommend MANDATORY FUCKING SUICIDE!!! (The fourth likes disco and Slipknot.)"

-Ultraboris

Though, I actually do think it is a tad overrated/played
Old 03-15-2013, 03:37 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
"Three out of four doctors recommend MANDATORY FUCKING SUICIDE!!! (The fourth likes disco and Slipknot.)"

-Ultraboris
Dude. Ultraboris quotes? Come on.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:00 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
Dude. Ultraboris quotes? Come on.

Why not? They're fun! (not to mention the reason most kids nowadays know thrash beyond the big 4 after 2001, like it or not).
Old 03-15-2013, 07:16 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Why not? They're fun! (not to mention the reason most kids nowadays know thrash beyond the big 4 after 2001, like it or not).
The dude knew his thrash and speed metal, for sure. That's about it though. I highly doubt that most of the kids getting into that music these days credit him as a major influence. The only reason I know who he is is because I used to argue with him about the validity of Testament as a good thrash band or whether or not Overkill was better than Slayer. That was around ten years ago. Dude's moved on and so should you. His reviews aren't well written either and half of them have been deleted in the past while. They're passionate, but there are far better reviewers who post on M-A than him. His legacy is his review of Master of Puppets, which is more of an essay with an extreme viewpoint.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:02 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
The dude knew his thrash and speed metal, for sure. That's about it though. I highly doubt that most of the kids getting into that music these days credit him as a major influence. The only reason I know who he is is because I used to argue with him about the validity of Testament as a good thrash band or whether or not Overkill was better than Slayer. That was around ten years ago. Dude's moved on and so should you. His reviews aren't well written either and half of them have been deleted in the past while. They're passionate, but there are far better reviewers who post on M-A than him. His legacy is his review of Master of Puppets, which is more of an essay with an extreme viewpoint.
I "moved on" the second I bought Slaughter of The Soul, which is one of his lowest reviewed albums, not to mention Covenant. Hell, I even bought The Legacy, which, while was not given a bad grade, I'm sure he would have loved it if I had purchased one of the 5 or 6 thrash albums he gave upper 80s-90s too that I don't own yet instead. I just like occasionally sourcing him when I feel it's appropriate, not to mention that even after the quote I mentioned that I kinda sorta agreed with PowerMaiden on the subject, so get off your high horse.

Last edited by JRA; 03-16-2013 at 07:07 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

The only thing I know about UltraBoris is that he gave Master of Puppets at 0% which basically tells me everything I need to know.
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Old 03-16-2013, 07:07 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
The only thing I know about UltraBoris is that he gave Master of Puppets at 0% which basically tells me everything I need to know.
No, it really doesn't.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:12 AM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
+1

Also his style is that of a 14 year old message board troll after a Monster Energy Drink bender writing reviews during Halo load screens.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:28 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Doesn't matter what his style was; 14 year old or an 80 year old, the message mattered and it connected, which is why after 5 or more years after damn retiring from metal-archives himself, it still matters.

Edit: I'll save it for the thrash thread. I don't want to rain on Manky's parade.

Last edited by JRA; 03-16-2013 at 07:31 AM.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Doesn't matter what his style was; 14 year old or an 80 year old, the message mattered and it connected, which is why after 5 or more years after damn retiring from metal-archives himself, it still matters.

Edit: I'll save it for the thrash thread. I don't want to rain on Manky's parade.
It doesn't matter.