4.In Your Direction
5.She Wants Money
6.Lack Of Communication
7.Back For More
8.The Morning After
9.I'm Insane
10.Scene Of The Crime

Genre: Glam Metal/Heavy Metal

Ratt was one of the first bands to appear out of the LA glam metal scene, and also one of the first glam metal bands I ever listened to, so expect at least one more album from them on this list.All five members of this group are some of the best of what they do.Stephen Pearcy has a unique vocal tone that sounds off-key at times but for some reason sounds incredibly awesome.Bobby Blotzer kicks on the drums just as good as any great drummer out there.Juan Croucier does what is needed and provides a great rhythm for the rest of the band.Both Warren DeMartini and Robin Crosby are some of the best guitar players in the world IMO.Standouts from this glam metal classic include driving opener "Wanted Man", the underrated rocker "The Morning After", and my favorite, the heavy metal assault "I'm Insane".

Standout Track:
"I'm Insane" http://grooveshark.com/s/I+m+Insane/2LhVrV?src=5
Old 03-14-2013, 09:36 AM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

39.Slippery When Wet - Bon Jovi

Year Of Release: 1986

Tracklist:
1.Let It Rock
2.You Give Love A Bad Name
3.Livin' On A Prayer
4.Social Disease
5.Wanted Dead Or Alive
6.Raise Your Hands
7.Without Love
8.I'd Die For You
9.Never Say Goodbye
10.Wild In The Streets

Genre: Glam Metal

Bon Jovi, my favorite band.This album is probably "THE" glam metal album, with every aspect of the genre shown on here, and it sky-rocketed glam to the highest it could possibly go.Hits like "Wanted Dead Or Alive", "You Give Love A Bad Name", and "Livin' On A Prayer" might me played to death, but they no doubt show what glam was best at, and that is big anthems.Now I once read a review on this album that said the three hits are excellent, but the rest of the album is mediocre.Never have I heard a more untrue statement.On the contrary, the rest of the album is for the most part better than the hits.Richie Sambora is one of my favorite guitarist of all-time because of his bluesy style, David Bryan is an excellent keyboard player, Tico Torres is an incredible drummer, Alec John Such is as good as can be on this album, and Jon Bon Jovi, though not the best singer in the world, is definitely a great one, and has good tone to his voice.Standouts include ballad "Never Say Goodbye", the fun-fueled rock anthem "Raise Your Hands", and possibly one of the most underrated songs of all time "Wild In The Streets".

Standout Track:
"Wild In The Streets" http://grooveshark.com/s/Wild+In+The...s/1ULmEg?src=5
Old 03-14-2013, 04:46 PM

38.Hysteria - Def Leppard

Year Of Release: 1988

Tracklist:
1.Women
2.Rocket
3.Animal
4.Love Bites
5.Pour Some Sugar On Me
6.Armageddon It
7.Gods Of War
8.Don't Shoot Shotgun
9.Run Riot
10.Hysteria
11.Excitable
12.Love And Affection

Genre: Hard Rock

Def Leppard is probably my third favorite band, so expect more from them higher on up as well.Now Hysteria is an album that a lot of people find overrated, and at times, so do I.When you look at Def Leppard''s sets, they have ALWAYS played all 6 hits on this record, so that's what really helps makes this album feel overrated.But, when you actually go back and listen to the hits, you realize they were hits for a reason.Not to mention the extremely underrated second half.This album is also one of the most expensive albums ever made, and it took a good 4 years to write.Production wise, I have to say this is one of the best albums ever made.Not to say the vocals and instruments are bad though, because they certainly aren't.Rick Allen is possibly my favorite drummer of all time, Rick Savage handles the bass really well, Joe Elliot has massive vocal talent on this record, and the legendary duo of Phil Collen and Steve Clark is extraordinary as can be.Highlights include the stellar title-track, the EXTREMELY underrated "Excitable", and the best song of the whole record, the anti-war anthem "Gods Of War"

Standout Track:
"Gods Of War" http://grooveshark.com/s/Gods+Of+War/2FbEuY?src=5
Old 03-15-2013, 06:12 AM

37.The Savage Playground - CRASHDIET

Year Of Release: 2013

Tracklist:
1.Change The World
2.Cocaine Cowboys
3.Anarchy
4.California
5.Lickin' Dog
6.Circus
7.Sin City
8.Got A Reason
9.Drinkin' Without You
10.Snakes In Paradise
11.Damaged Kid
12.Excited
13.Garden Of Babylon
14.Liquid Jesus (Itunes bonus track)

Genre: Glam Metal/Sleaze Rock

Crashdiet is easily a top ten band for me, and this album is easily the best of 2013 so far IMO.On this album, the band change the approach of their previous record "Generation Wild", which focused on incredible production, to a more rawer, less polished sound.To me it makes a huge statement and slaps modern rock bands in the face and shows them how it should be.Simon Cruz's vocals are awesome on here, going for a imperfection sound, while Eric Young remains one of my favorite drummers of all time, and Peter London provides a strong backbone for Martin Sweet's incredible guitar licks and riffs.The only thing that could of made this album better is to have made the backing vocals just a little better.Standouts include heart-pumping opener "Change The World", the true 80's sounding anthem "Sin City", and my favorite, the pounding "Anarchy".Those who think glam metal is dead, need to think again, because Crashdiet, and many, many others, are bringing it back (trust me, they're more glam metal bands now then they were back then).

Standout Track:
"Anarchy"
Old 03-15-2013, 10:10 AM

36.Too Fast For Love - Motley Crue

Year Of Release: 1981

Tracklist:
1.Live Wire
2.Come On And Dance
3.Public Enemy #1
4.Merry-Go-Round
5.Take Me To The Top
6.Piece Of Your Action
7.Starry Eyes
8.Too Fast For Love
9.On With The Show

Genre: Heavy Metal

Motley Crue was one of the first hair bands to ever appear on the earth, along side Wrathchild and Hanoi Rocks.Motley was probably the heaviest of the three, and definitely one of the heaviest hair bands of them all.This record is not glam metal though, it's just straight up raw heavy metal.Vince Neil's voice fits this type of music perfectly, Mick Mars's guitar playing is really good, not to flashy though, at least on this record, and Nikki Sixx and Tommy Lee keep a good strong rhythm on this as well.Highlights include the slower ballad-like track "Merry-Go-Round", the incredible closer "On With The Show", and one the best Crue songs of all time "Live Wire".The only thing I don't like on this record is the chorus of "Come On And Dance", goodness gracious that chorus is annoying.

Standout Track:
"Live Wire" http://grooveshark.com/s/01+Live+Wire/3xka1S?src=5
Old 03-15-2013, 10:46 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Dude, Too Fast For Love IS glam... it's just GOOD glam.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:42 PM
N00B

You nailed "Come On And Dance", that is an annoying chorus!

Have to say, and I know it's your list, but I don't see how you can have a 2013 release on here already. Just saying you should give yourself more time to absorb it, you might find even in a year that it goes up the list, or goes down.

Just sayin'
Old 03-15-2013, 01:41 PM
One who onions things

If Too Fast for Love is considered glam, then it's easily my favorite glam metal album ever. If not, then it's still a fucking awesome metal album. This album's got way more energy than other Mötley Crüe records, and I like that there are no brainless power ballads like Home Sweet Home on it. Also listening to Live Wire brings back fond memories of Tony Hawk's American Wasteland, so bonus points for that.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 03-15-2013, 01:42 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

For all their frills, the guitar sound of the first two Motley Crue albums were Morbid Tales before Morbid Tales. Super heavy and raw!

I was kind of let down after I discovered Live Wire was a ripoff of Let There Be Rock though. But it's kind of made up for with Piece of Your Action, which just fucking rules.