Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Old 03-07-2013, 09:08 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclansman1114 View Post
Surprised that Whitesnake album isn't a lot higher!
Seconded. Hell, it's easily in my own top 20 and I don't have HALF the 80's rock/metal boner that TheWildandtheYoung has.

I do have a huge John Sykes boner though...

Oh, and I love Europe's Wings of Tomorrow, great record. "Scream of Anger", the title track, and "Stormwind" are all great tracks.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:09 AM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Seconded. Hell, it's easily in my own top 20 and I don't have HALF the 80's rock/metal boner that TheWildandtheYoung has.

I do have a huge John Sykes boner though...

Oh, and I love Europe's Wings of Tomorrow, great record. "Scream of Anger", the title track, and "Stormwind" are all great tracks.
Whitesnake's would have been higher, it's just I haven't been with it as long as I have with the others on this list. Wings Of Tomorrow has to be one of the most underrated albums of all-time.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:29 AM

45.The Outsiders - NEEDTOBREATHE

Year Of Release: 2009

Tracklist:
1.The Outsiders
2.Valley Of Tomorrow
3.Through Smoke
4.Lay 'Em Down
5.What You've Done To Me
6.Hurricane
7.These Hard Times
8.Stones Under Rushing Water
9.Prisoner
10.Won't Turn Back
11.Girl Named Tennessee
12.Something Beautiful
13.Garden
14.Let Us Love

Genre: Rock

The album that is on this spot is probably the biggest oddball in a list of metal albums, being that this is more of a home-on-the-range feeling rock album.NEEDTOBREATHE are also sometimes falsely characterized as a Christian rock band.They are not, they are just a rock band with Christian members.Even though I am a Christian, I don't really like a band that calls themselves a "Christian rock band", because when you're a "Christian rock"band, that limits the audience and writing.But I'm not going to go into that right now.Right now, I'm going to discuss one really great album by a really great band: NEEDTOBREATHE.This album to me really has a Black Crowes vibe to it.All four members are great at what they do.Bear Rinehart's vocals are extremely unique, Bo Rinehart's bluesy/country style guitar's add to the over all Black Crowes feel, Seth Bolt's bass skill is incredible and his backing vocals are really great as well, and drummer Joe Stillwell has great drum tone on this album.Highlights include one of the most uplifting rock tracks ever "Let Us Love", and the two most bluesy Black Crowes sounding tracks "Prisoner" and "Girl Named Tennessee".

Standout Track:
"Girl Named Tennessee" http://grooveshark.com/s/Girl+Named+...e/320xoT?src=5
Old 03-09-2013, 08:03 AM

44.Hey Stoopid - Alice Cooper

Year Of Release: 1991

Tracklist:
1.Hey Stoopid
2.Love's A Loaded Gun
3.Snakebite
4.Burning Our Bed
5.Dangerous Tonight
6.Might As Well Be On Mars
7.Feed My Frankenstein
8.Hurricane Years
9.Little By Little
10.Die For You
11.Dirty Dreams
12.Wind-Up Toy

Genre: Heavy Metal/Shock Rock

Alice Cooper, the king of shock rock, has again landed a spot on this list.While "Billion Dollar Babies" is a great record, this one has to be the best Alice album of all-time.Some call it a glam album, I really think it's a heavy metal album.This is definitely one underrated album, and it's filled with musical guest including Mick Mars, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Slash, Vinnie Moore, Nikki Sixx, and Ozzy Osbourne.This is the first Alice Cooper album that I listened to start to finish and ever since then I've loved it.Standouts include the anit-drug title track anthem, the odd "Wind-Up Toy", and the best Alice song in my opinion, and possibly most underrated, "Snakebite".So check this album out, you won't regret it.

Standout Track:
"Snakebite" http://grooveshark.com/s/Snakebite/49zNy9?src=5
Old 03-10-2013, 03:37 PM

43.Painkiller - Judas Priest

Year Of Release: 1990

Tracklist:
1.Painkiller
2.Hell Patrol
3.All Guns Blazing
4.Leather Rebel
5.Metal Meltdown
6.Night Crawler
7.Between The Hammer & The Anvil
8.A Touch Of Evil
9.Battle Hymn
10.One Shot At Glory

Genre: Heavy Metal/Speed Metal

This is the record that got me into Priest, and so I declare it their best album of all-time.I never really was into Priest before a couple months ago, and one day I decided I should check it out.It has a killer album cover, and most of the time if I see a album that I've never heard before, that has a good album cover, I will want to listen to it.I don't know why, but that's how I think.Anyway, this album is one of the greatest metal albums period, and that is pretty much all there is to say.Standouts include the stellar title-track, the killer anthem "Leather Rebel", and the best priest song of all-time imo, "One Shot At Glory".

Standout Track:
"One Shot At Glory" http://grooveshark.com/s/One+Shot+At+Glory/431vAY?src=5
Old 03-10-2013, 04:33 PM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
43.Painkiller - Judas Priest

Year Of Release: 1990

Tracklist:
1.Painkiller
2.Hell Patrol
3.All Guns Blazing
4.Leather Rebel
5.Metal Meltdown
6.Night Crawler
7.Between The Hammer & The Anvil
8.A Touch Of Evil
9.Battle Hymn
10.One Shot At Glory

Genre: Heavy Metal/Speed Metal

This is the record that got me into Priest, and so I declare it their best album of all-time.I never really was into Priest before a couple months ago, and one day I decided I should check it out.It has a killer album cover, and most of the time if I see a album that I've never heard before, that has a good album cover, I will want to listen to it.I don't know why, but that's how I think.Anyway, this album is one of the greatest metal albums period, and that is pretty much all there is to say.Standouts include the stellar title-track, the killer anthem "Leather Rebel", and the best priest song of all-time imo, "One Shot At Glory".

Standout Track:
"One Shot At Glory" http://grooveshark.com/s/One+Shot+At+Glory/431vAY?src=5
Atta boy! The scary thing about this album is that it was in a way, kind of contrived. Throughout the 1980s Priest were pandering to a target audience really, and at the time Painkiller was almost like Priest's Death Magnetic. Hell, I'd argue that Nostradamus was the first Priest album with Halford singing since Stained Class where they wrote what they wanted to hear instead of what everyone else wanted to hear. I honestly think that Glenn and KK exerted little to no effort writing the songs on Painkiller, to them it was probably super easy. They probably could have written and released an album closely resembling Painkiller (honestly, I'm convinced the title track was their way of updating Exciter to 1990 standards) any time after 1978, and if they did, Priest would have been hailed as the direct creators of thrash instead of Metallica or Exodus.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 03-10-2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
Atta boy! The scary thing about this album is that it was in a way, kind of contrived. Throughout the 1980s Priest were pandering to a target audience really, and at the time Painkiller was almost like Priest's Death Magnetic. Hell, I'd argue that Nostradamus was the first Priest album with Halford singing since Stained Class where they wrote what they wanted to hear instead of what everyone else wanted to hear. I honestly think that Glenn and KK exerted little to no effort writing the songs on Painkiller, to them it was probably super easy. They probably could have written and released an album closely resembling Painkiller (honestly, I'm convinced the title track was their way of updating Exciter to 1990 standards) any time after 1978, and if they did, Priest would have been hailed as the direct creators of thrash instead of Metallica or Exodus.
Yea I do agree.Especially on the Exciter thing.I can also see how the writing good have been easy as well.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:06 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

The past two albums are good picks.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 03-10-2013, 07:29 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
The fact that you are right is just a testament to how... innately awesome Priest are.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:14 PM

42.Keeper Of The Seven Keys, Part 1 - Helloween

Year Of Release: 1987

Tracklist:
1.Initiation
2.I'm Alive
3.A Little Time
4.Twilight Of The Gods
5.A Tale That Wasn't Right
6.Future World
7.Halloween
8.Follow The Sign

Genre: Power Metal

My first exposure to power metal was when I was 9 years old.I was listening to the "Arena Rock" channel on Comcast, when "Halloween" came on.I liked it, but never decided to go any deeper into the genre until the summer of last year.I wasn't really wanting to listen Helloween that much at first, for reasons I don't remember.But one day I decided to listen to this album and immediately I was blown away.This record is definitely Helloween's best, even though the second part is pretty good to.But since this is the record that got me into Helloween, I gotta go with this one.Anthem "Future World" has to be the bands trademark song (correct me if I'm wrong), and is certainly on heck of a metal anthem. Other Highlights include opener "I'm Alive", epic "Halloween", and my favorite Helloween song "A Little Time".

Standout Track:
"A Little Time" http://grooveshark.com/s/A+Little+Time/2ZDD9Z?src=5

Last edited by TheWildAndTheYoung; 03-12-2013 at 06:11 AM.