Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 14th, 2014

Old 02-13-2013, 06:55 PM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
As always, I'm really digging your interviews. i gotta catch up with a few of them, but i like them a lot.

Very understandable that school has gotta come first, but you've been kicking ass since you started, and you'll be back to kicking ass when you get back into it.
Thanks so much dude! Yeah, school's kind of beating me to a pulp these days, but I basically dug my own grave by deciding to major in engineering at a public school in California. I'm hoping to do interviews with Clutch and the Metal Alliance bands, but we'll see how that all goes haha. Andrew Metalhead's coming back to LA pretty soon, so you should be seeing a lot more interviews from him in due time.
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Old 02-13-2013, 10:37 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
Thanks so much dude! Yeah, school's kind of beating me to a pulp these days, but I basically dug my own grave by deciding to major in engineering at a public school in California. I'm hoping to do interviews with Clutch and the Metal Alliance bands, but we'll see how that all goes haha. Andrew Metalhead's coming back to LA pretty soon, so you should be seeing a lot more interviews from him in due time.
He's moving back? That would be fantastic!

But I mean it man, I'm glad to see someone besides me post interviews here, and I'm glad that you do such a great job of it.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:17 PM
One who onions things

Well I didn't expect to be doing another interview so soon, but the timing was perfect and there was no way I could turn this one down. Yes friends, I got to interview the drummer for the greatest band in the world- Jean-Paul Gaster from Clutch. When I called and asked how long he could chat for and he said "You know I don't really have anything else going on, I can talk for a while!" I got so excited, you fools have no idea. Anyway, JP was a lot of fun to talk to, and I think I was able to reign in my fanboyness at least a little bit.

http://metalassault.com/Interviews/2...n-paul-gaster/

Also when I received his phone number all I heard was:

I GOT YOUR NUMBER
I STEAL YOUR THUNDER
I GOT YOUR MOTHER'S MAIDEN NAME TATTOOED ON MY ARM
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Old 03-08-2013, 08:24 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
Well I didn't expect to be doing another interview so soon, but the timing was perfect and there was no way I could turn this one down. Yes friends, I got to interview the drummer for the greatest band in the world- Jean-Paul Gaster from Clutch. When I called and asked how long he could chat for and he said "You know I don't really have anything else going on, I can talk for a while!" I got so excited, you fools have no idea. Anyway, JP was a lot of fun to talk to, and I think I was able to reign in my fanboyness at least a little bit.

http://metalassault.com/Interviews/2...n-paul-gaster/

Also when I received his phone number all I heard was:

I GOT YOUR NUMBER
I STEAL YOUR THUNDER
I GOT YOUR MOTHER'S MAIDEN NAME TATTOOED ON MY ARM
I loved this interview. Great great information on there. I was quite excited when JP was talking about "maybe" doing that Evening With Clutch shows again. I kick my own ass for not knowing Clutch back in '04 when they did a show an hour away from me. Still got the bootleg but just not the same.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:56 AM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
I loved this interview. Great great information on there. I was quite excited when JP was talking about "maybe" doing that Evening With Clutch shows again. I kick my own ass for not knowing Clutch back in '04 when they did a show an hour away from me. Still got the bootleg but just not the same.
Thanks so much! That interview is what happens when you give a rabid Clutch fan basically unlimited access to pick JP's brain haha. I was probably 11 or 12 when they did the Evening With shows. Those were back in my Jpop days...

And I dunno who stickied this, but thanks for the love guys! I honestly don't know how often I'll be doing more interviews, but I'll do my best for the coming months.
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Old 03-08-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Thanks so much! That interview is what happens when you give a rabid Clutch fan basically unlimited access to pick JP's brain haha. I was probably 11 or 12 when they did the Evening With shows. Those were back in my Jpop days...

And I dunno who stickied this, but thanks for the love guys! I honestly don't know how often I'll be doing more interviews, but I'll do my best for the coming months.
JP always struck me as the most personable out of everybody based on seeing the Live At the 9:30 Club where he went on some 15 minute diatribe talking about drums (pretty sure I got a contact high just listening to him). If it weren't for YouTube I don't think I'd believe Tim or Dan have ever actually spoken any words. I was like 20 or 21 for those shows. I just have no excuse. Other than I suck.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:13 AM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
JP always struck me as the most personable out of everybody based on seeing the Live At the 9:30 Club where he went on some 15 minute diatribe talking about drums (pretty sure I got a contact high just listening to him). If it weren't for YouTube I don't think I'd believe Tim or Dan have ever actually spoken any words. I was like 20 or 21 for those shows. I just have no excuse. Other than I suck.
Andrew Metalhead did an interview with Tim at the same time as my JP interview actually. Tim was apparently very quiet and didn't have a whole lot to say, which made it pretty tough on Andrew's end. I don't think I've ever seen a word spoken from Dan, and I would imagine Neil would lay off interviews to save his voice. Andrew did get to interview him a few years back though, so you never know. I would probably derp so hard if I got to talk to Neil. I mean, the guy is basically God.
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Old 03-08-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Andrew Metalhead did an interview with Tim at the same time as my JP interview actually. Tim was apparently very quiet and didn't have a whole lot to say, which made it pretty tough on Andrew's end. I don't think I've ever seen a word spoken from Dan, and I would imagine Neil would lay off interviews to save his voice. Andrew did get to interview him a few years back though, so you never know. I would probably derp so hard if I got to talk to Neil. I mean, the guy is basically God.
I'm going strictly off perception, but Neil strikes me as not talking a whole lot. If you lined up guys in bands usually its easy to figure out who the lead singer is, but to me Neil doesn't strike me as a "typical" lead man. Obviously on stage he is one of the best, but off he's not as most frontmen usually are. Of course I could just be totally off as well. Just the impression that I get.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:43 AM
One who onions things

Alrighty, this is a little late, but here's my interview with Joe and Martyn from Orange Goblin. Both of them were very fun and jolly, and just a delight to chat with. They also kept offering me beer haha. Definitely a super fun talk!

http://metalassault.com/Interviews/2...ew-live-album/

Next up is my interview with Holy Grail that I did earlier tonight.
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Old 04-03-2013, 02:23 AM
One who onions things

And as promised, here is my interview with Eli and Alex from Holy Grail. Both guys were really humble and nice, the total opposite of "rock stars" or whatever. They asked if I could wait a minute so that everyone who wanted photos and stuff signed would be taken care of, so of course I had to oblige them. We then went to a Starbucks across the street and for once I got to have a very calm and laidback in-person interview, definitely a really nice change of pace instead of being rushed in a loud or crowded environment. This was also a really fun interview for me after having followed them since their EP came out in like 09 or whatever.

http://metalassault.com/Interviews/2...tana-alex-lee/

Next up is Sami from Ensiferum who I chatted with earlier tonight.
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31