Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014
The Goddamn Gallows -- Long Beach, CA -- April 16th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 03-06-2013, 10:17 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

He is still using the name Queensryche on this album? That could give a band name to the new/real Queensryche with Todd La Torre. If people aren't informed of what has been going on since last year with Queensrych and Geoff Tate then they will think Frequency Unknown is the new Queensryche album, they will think it sucks and be driven away from the real Queensryche who will most likely release a great album this year. Geoff Tate could give the other guys a bad name.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:04 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

I expect both albums to be as good/bad as each other.

The best album anyone from Queensryche has made in the last 15 years is 'Slave To The System'.

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
30/4 Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Old 03-07-2013, 05:33 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
I expect both albums to be as good/bad as each other.

The best album anyone from Queensryche has made in the last 15 years is 'Slave To The System'.
I definitely agree on the first part, both records will probably be ok but not compared to their older releases, and they probably both tour small venues

It's not exactly the Ozzy/Sabbath split
Mayhem Festival
Kiss/Def Leppard
Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Old 03-07-2013, 10:13 AM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
Uh fonz, Geoff never pulled a knife on anyone. He spat on Scott, and he decked and shoved Michael.

Geoff comes off as a narcissistic ass that is desperately trying to look brutal and tough for the metal kids, but dude actually can sing okay these days for the most part in my opinion. And he's been very nice to the folks I know that have met him. I know he was very gracious to Andrew Metalhead a while back, and he was nothing but cool to Craig Locicero from what he has said on Facebook. If you've ever had a roommate that wasn't family, you know your relationship with them was different than than it would be with others. Now imagine that with four dudes splitting a tour bus for thirty years straight. I honestly expect the Tate-ryche album to be pretty good, Craig said the songs were great and dude knows his heavy rock. And if you know Craig, you know he isn't one to just say random crap, he's a very earnest guy. Yes the album cover is lame and childish, but I really am looking forward to it.

As for the real QR album (and yes, I consider the Todd version the real one), what I heard really doesn't sound like what QR would sound in 2013 had they continued in a similar direction from Empire or Mindcrime. Todd is destroying live, but I'm not super sure he can write vocal melodies as strong as the ones Geoff came up back in the '80s. I think the new record will be enjoyable power metal, but I really don't think it'll sound like classic QR at all. I would love to have my socks knocked off though, this would be the comeback to end all comebacks if this album's a great one.
I just wanted to quote this for truth. I agree with just about everything you said, Onioner
Old 03-13-2013, 04:33 PM
Dragon Of The R˙che

Audio samples are on iTunes.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:33 PM
Play it loud, don't play it low

I've been out of the loop on the whole QR mess. What does DeGarmo have to say about it? has he chosen sides?
Old 03-14-2013, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Witchcraft View Post
I've been out of the loop on the whole QR mess. What does DeGarmo have to say about it? has he chosen sides?
In standard DeGarmo style, he hasn't said a word. I doubt anyone's asked either, it doesn't really matter.

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
Old 04-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Dragon Of The R˙che

First single from the album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzDJHuxBTUw&sns=em

It's actually a pretty good song and tatertot sounds decent on it. It's quite a bit better that DTC and K&T. It still doesn't really sound like QR instrumentally though.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:45 AM

I think it's FAR better than the new Queensryche song. Looking forward to Geoff's album more at this point.

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
Old 04-04-2013, 08:02 AM
The Cheese

I think "Cold" is better than anything on Dedicated to Chaos and Kings & Thieves, but it's still a pretty generic song. That said, I think all of its parts fits together better than "Redemption." For example, the chorus feels like a natural progression out of the verse, whereas Redemption's chorus just does not fit. While I'm not impressed with the lyrics from either camp's new song, I like that Cold isn't another GT "I'm a badass" song, or a bunch of goofy crap like on Dedicated to Chaos, and doesn't have the corny Journey chorus and thesaurus fueled verses of Redemption.

I like "Cold" better than "Redemption" but it's a hollow victory because I don't think either song is really that good. As far as I can see it, there used to be one Queensryche I was sort of interested in, and now there's going to be two that I'm not at all interested in.

Wake me up when DeGarmo is back...