Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 02-25-2013, 05:25 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

I agree that there isn't a need for a new system but I don't think they'll sell poorly. Eventually they'll stop making new games for PS3 and I'll have no choice but to buy PS4.

Twenty years ago my dad said "why would we buy a new Nintendo, we have a hundred games for the one we have". A year later they released a new Zelda for SNES and he bought a SNES.
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 02-25-2013, 06:37 PM
WHAT THE FUCK...HAVE....I BECOME!!!!

The thing is Sony NEEDED to make a new console. They fucked up so bad with the PS3. Though it was a great system developers had so much trouble making games for it and a lot of 3rd party games were crap on it. Great example? Skyrim. It was so hard to make on the PS3 that it was buggy, broke, freezing, and they even decided not to make the DLC for it.

Sony learned and they went to the developers for help to help them make a great system. The PS4 is that system and you will see that the developers will choose that over the new Xbox any day. They will make the game on PS4 and port it to the new xbox and so forth like they did this generation. Sony said they wanted to go all out for next gen and destroy Microsoft. So far they threw the first punch heard around the world and now it's Microsoft's turn to punch back...if they can
Old 02-25-2013, 08:55 PM
Hell Bent for Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister_Chalupa666 View Post
Funny thing about that is Sony only revealed not even half of what the console could do and the specs. They pretty much set up a tease and will show everything at E3 to blow microsoft away.

If I were you I would be pretty scared since Microsoft will maybe show everything they have too early in fear of losing and possibly blocking used games.
Honestly, I don't think that Microsoft will try to compete with the PS4 right off the bat. They just released Halo 4 a few months ago and a new Gears of War game is right around the corner. Those are Microsoft's two biggest exclusive franchises. I'm willing to bet that they'll hold off until one or both is ready for another installment, say holiday season 2014 at the earliest.
01.27 Dark Tranquillity
Old 02-26-2013, 08:49 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Sony really set the standard with that announcement. Practically the whole event was focused on gaming, and how they are pushing it forward. Microsoft need to announce something pretty spectacular to compete. Destiny being on ps4 is a big blow to Microsoft since it's two big franchises, GoW and Halo, are both getting a little tired in the public eye.

This generation had some serious room for improvement, the 360 and ps3 were TERRIBLE for broken games, exclusive updates, consoles failing and just about everything else. Disastrous.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:57 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister_Chalupa666 View Post
Great example? Skyrim. It was so hard to make on the PS3 that it was buggy, broke, freezing, and they even decided not to make the DLC for it.
you do realize that the dlc is now out on ps3 right?
Old 06-19-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

I will definitely be getting PS4, but not until like April/May of next year, whenever Elder Scrolls Online comes out.I got Battlefield 4, COD: Ghost, and Kingdom Hearts HD Remix to keep me occupied until then.Xbox One is going to be a piece of junk in my opinion, considering A) needs an Internet connection (which sometimes mine gets jacked), B) needs a Kinect hooked up at all times, C) won't have Destiny or Kingdom Hearts 3,and finally D) its $100 more.Sure, you have people that will say "It's only a $100 more!", but today's economy is definitely not in my families favor.And if you still have to pay for online for Xbox, that is even more of a reason not to buy it.I don't care what anybody says, but 95% of the people who are going to buy an Xbox One are Xbox fan boys/girls, and are just trying to fool themselves into thinking that it is a great system.I have many Xbox user friends that are switching to Sony, so it's not just my opinion taken into thought here.Microsoft is just a extremely greedy company, no matter what anyone says.The Xbox One is now more like an entertainment system that supports games, unlike PS4 which is going to be a gaming system that supports DVDs, I would much rather have a system that focuses on gaming more.The controller for Xbox One is basically the same old same old, but the PS4 controller sees the traditional controller evolving into a new thing.Bottom line, PS4 is going to be the winner of this competition.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:12 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
I will definitely be getting PS4, but not until like April/May of next year, whenever Elder Scrolls Online comes out.I got Battlefield 4, COD: Ghost, and Kingdom Hearts HD Remix to keep me occupied until then.Xbox One is going to be a piece of junk in my opinion, considering A) needs an Internet connection (which sometimes mine gets jacked), B) needs a Kinect hooked up at all times, C) won't have Destiny or Kingdom Hearts 3,and finally D) its $100 more.Sure, you have people that will say "It's only a $100 more!", but today's economy is definitely not in my families favor.And if you still have to pay for online for Xbox, that is even more of a reason not to buy it.I don't care what anybody says, but 95% of the people who are going to buy an Xbox One are Xbox fan boys/girls, and are just trying to fool themselves into thinking that it is a great system.I have many Xbox user friends that are switching to Sony, so it's not just my opinion taken into thought here.Microsoft is just a extremely greedy company, I don't care what anyone says.The Xbox One is now more like an entertainment system that supports games, unlike PS4 which is going to be a gaming system that supports DVDs, I would much rather have a system that focuses on gaming more.The controller for Xbox One is basically the same old same old, but the PS4 controller sees the traditional controller evolving into a new thing.Bottom line, PS4 is going to be the winner of this competition.
Go read the xbox one thread. Some stuff changed
Killswitch Engage-10/24
Slipknot-11/26
Exodus-12/7
Old 06-19-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals279 View Post
Go read the xbox one thread. Some stuff changed
OK so you don't need a internet connection, but that doesn't change the rest of the problems
Old 06-19-2013, 01:29 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
I will definitely be getting PS4, but not until like April/May of next year, whenever Elder Scrolls Online comes out.I got Battlefield 4, COD: Ghost, and Kingdom Hearts HD Remix to keep me occupied until then.Xbox One is going to be a piece of junk in my opinion, considering A) needs an Internet connection (which sometimes mine gets jacked), B) needs a Kinect hooked up at all times, C) won't have Destiny or Kingdom Hearts 3,and finally D) its $100 more.Sure, you have people that will say "It's only a $100 more!", but today's economy is definitely not in my families favor.And if you still have to pay for online for Xbox, that is even more of a reason not to buy it.I don't care what anybody says, but 95% of the people who are going to buy an Xbox One are Xbox fan boys/girls, and are just trying to fool themselves into thinking that it is a great system.I have many Xbox user friends that are switching to Sony, so it's not just my opinion taken into thought here.Microsoft is just a extremely greedy company, no matter what anyone says.The Xbox One is now more like an entertainment system that supports games, unlike PS4 which is going to be a gaming system that supports DVDs, I would much rather have a system that focuses on gaming more.The controller for Xbox One is basically the same old same old, but the PS4 controller sees the traditional controller evolving into a new thing.Bottom line, PS4 is going to be the winner of this competition.
I am going to refute almost everything you just said

1. Does not need an Internet connection. The first time you turn it on you need a connection, then you'll never need to connect the Xbone to the internet again.

2. Destiny and Kingdom Hearts 3 are multiplat. So is FFXV.

3. Kinect voice and camera commands can be turned off, just like they can be now.

4. Xbox One has a deal that you can buy one game and share it digitally with up to ten people. It's called a "family plan" but it can be any 10 Xbox Live users.

5. Xbox Live is now offering three free game downloads a month.

6. PS4 is making online multiplayer a PS+ requirement, so it's not free anymore.

7. Any guest account on an Xbox One console where the main account has Xbox Live also have Xbox Live access.

So yeah, someone needs to stop fanboying.
09/26 - Black Cobra
09/29 - Interpol
Old 06-19-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I am going to refute almost everything you just said

1. Does not need an Internet connection. The first time you turn it on you need a connection, then you'll never need to connect the Xbone to the internet again.

2. Destiny and Kingdom Hearts 3 are multiplat. So is FFXV.

3. Kinect voice and camera commands can be turned off, just like they can be now.

4. Xbox One has a deal that you can buy one game and share it digitally with up to ten people. It's called a "family plan" but it can be any 10 Xbox Live users.

5. Xbox Live is now offering three free game downloads a month.

6. PS4 is making online multiplayer a PS+ requirement, so it's not free anymore.

7. Any guest account on an Xbox One console where the main account has Xbox Live also have Xbox Live access.

So yeah, someone needs to stop fanboying.
Take your own advice, it will be good for you.Microsoft sucks no matter what they do anyway.

Last edited by TheWildAndTheYoung; 06-19-2013 at 01:48 PM.