Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

  #101  
Old 03-04-2013, 08:22 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,728
Blog Entries: 19
65.



Minor Threat - Complete Discography

Full Album

Not only is this such an important record to me because of my personal beliefs and choices, but it's such fucking good American hardcore punk music! Seriously, I think Minor Threat had the right combination of aggression and speed but mixed with clever melodies that make them possibly the best US hardcore punk band! So great, can't wait to GET MY BLACK SHEEP TATTOO AND NEVER DRINK OR SMOKE :3c
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 03-04-2013, 08:31 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,728
Blog Entries: 19
64.



Vlad Tepes - March To The Black Holocaust

Massacre Song From The Devestated Lands
Drink The Poetry Of The Celtic Disciple
Under The Carpathian Yoke

This is a split release with Belketre but the Vlad Tepes side was honestly the best black metal I had heard in my life up until that point when I first heard it. They were just as kvlt and underground as the other LLN bands, but they embraced melody and made what has been described as "Gaelic black metal" and it's still amazing today.
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 03-04-2013, 08:44 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,728
Blog Entries: 19
63.



Megadeth - Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?

Peace Sells
Devils Island
Good Mourning/Black Friday

Totally awesome. I mean, there's not really that much to say about this record that hasn't been said already. A thrash classic by far that everyone needs in their collection.
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 03-04-2013, 08:51 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,728
Blog Entries: 19
62.



Boris - Akuma No Uta


Naki Kyoku
Furi
Akuma No Uta

Real talk: Naki Kyoku is one of my all-time favorite songs. I've said before that I think if a band like Led Zeppelin or someone did that song instead of Boris, people would pretty much laud it as the best song ever made. The album is nicely balanced between their drone beginnings and their heavy stoner rock middle, so it's the best of both worlds!
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch

Last edited by mankvill; 03-04-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 03-04-2013, 08:57 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,728
Blog Entries: 19
61.



Iron Maiden - Brave New World

The Wicker Man
Ghost of the Navigator
Blood Brothers

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this was the first Maiden album that I actually physically bought. What a fucking comeback of an album this is! Every song here feels like its own little mini-epic and has so much instrumentation and melody and one of Bruce's best vocal performances. Sure it's not as IN YOUR FACE as 80s Maiden was, but this album proves that they don't need to be!
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 03-04-2013, 09:14 PM
BloodoftheKings's Avatar
BloodoftheKings BloodoftheKings is online now
Rats off to ya
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Strong Island
Posts: 5,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Still watch the DVD that came with it pretty often!
I completely forgot my copy came with a dvd. I'll have to check that out soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Real talk: Naki Kyoku is one of my all-time favorite songs. I've said before that I think if a band like Led Zeppelin or someone did that song instead of Boris, people would pretty much laud it as the best song ever made.
Truth.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 03-05-2013, 05:34 AM
IrritatedTrout's Avatar
IrritatedTrout IrritatedTrout is offline
Not a number, I'm a free man
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
61.



Iron Maiden - Brave New World

The Wicker Man
Ghost of the Navigator
Blood Brothers

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this was the first Maiden album that I actually physically bought. What a fucking comeback of an album this is! Every song here feels like its own little mini-epic and has so much instrumentation and melody and one of Bruce's best vocal performances. Sure it's not as IN YOUR FACE as 80s Maiden was, but this album proves that they don't need to be!
It was the very first metal CD I physically bought too. Before that I had only bought the mp3 versions of SiT and Powerslave because I didn't want my parents to see the covers.
__________________
6/17 - Meshuggah
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
6/29 - Blaze Bayley - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 03-05-2013, 07:29 AM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
62.



Boris - Akuma No Uta


Naki Kyoku
Furi
Akuma No Uta

Real talk: Naki Kyoku is one of my all-time favorite songs. I've said before that I think if a band like Led Zeppelin or someone did that song instead of Boris, people would pretty much laud it as the best song ever made. The album is nicely balanced between their drone beginnings and their heavy stoner rock middle, so it's the best of both worlds!
I've heard Boris mentioned many times and it never did anything for me... until now. Naki Kyoku is an incredible piece of music. Funny thing is I checked out the re-workings of the song and they don't touch the original.

Borderline mind-blowing
__________________
9/27 - Clutch
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 03-05-2013, 07:36 AM
PowerMaiden's Avatar
PowerMaiden PowerMaiden is offline
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,589
Been enjoying this list ,I was waiting to see the almighty Maiden before posting but great read & great job keep it up !


and that 61 st album, WOW !


Cheers !
PowerMaiden
__________________
Life Down There Is Just A Strange Illusion
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 03-05-2013, 11:37 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,728
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I've heard Boris mentioned many times and it never did anything for me... until now. Naki Kyoku is an incredible piece of music. Funny thing is I checked out the re-workings of the song and they don't touch the original.

Borderline mind-blowing
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:38 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008