Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Old 03-01-2013, 10:01 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
At this point a Slayer with 3/4 of the band would be a moral victory IMO
Yeah, I was OK w/ Holt playing while Hanneman "recovered" from his "spider bite". I could even accept Hanneman being gone, as 3 outta 4 ain't bad. Granted, any new material would suck without Jeff, but I'd still enjoy a couple songs I'd imagine, and would still see them live.

But if Dave or Jeff don't come back, I won't buy their next album, nor will I travel to see them live. If they're playing around the corner, maybe. I just hate Kerry King so much I don't want him to have 1 cent of my $.

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 03-01-2013, 10:18 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

I've only gotten to see Slayer live once even though I've been a fan for years but I'm very glad it was with all 4 real members.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 03-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
But if Dave or Jeff don't come back, I won't buy their next album, nor will I travel to see them live. If they're playing around the corner, maybe. I just hate Kerry King so much I don't want him to have 1 cent of my $.
I know it really sucks, but I think Jeff not coming back is all on Jeff, and not Kerry. It seems obvious that Kerry wants him to come back so Slayer can move on. I want him to come back mainly because Slayer has always been those three guys: Jeff, Kerry, and Tom. Gary Holt is a great fill-in, but he needs to go back to Exodus and get a new album out.

As for Dave, he was great for what he did on those early albums, but he is the least essential part of Slayer to me. I think this is less one-sided than it looks, but in any case, I'd rather have Kerry in Slayer than Dave.
10/18 - King Diamond
Old 03-02-2013, 11:39 AM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

If anyone would like to hear what Nicko has to say on the matter:
Quote:
"Most of the issues that pro musicians have sooner or later in time boils down to the royalty check or performance royalties," Nicko said.

"I'm sad to hear that that has happened, but, you know, when you find out and look at something and say, 'Could you explain this to me, why we're not getting what we should according to these numbers?' and if somebody turns around and says, 'Fucking shut your face or you're fired,' that therefore it tells you there's an alarm bell going off. Without knowing all of the ins and outs of it, you can't pre-judge it.

"But yeah, the Bill Ward story, I understood that Sharon Osbourne got her fangs into that one. It's beyond me — I mean, Bill Ward was the original freaking band member, you know? It just doesn't make sense to me. If I was entitled to more, I don't really want to know; I'm happy!

"You have to ask yourself this: How did Dave Lombardo get the information that led to this problem, is what I'd like to know. Who gave him the financials, if he wasn't on top of it with an accountant already?

"I'm sad because Dave is so much a part of that band; he's so identifiable. There's great drummers out there, but Dave Lombardo is a master with it, and Dave is... to me, he is SLAYER with Kerry [King, guitar] and the guys! I think Kerry really may have overreacted and might be regretting it. I hope that that's the case and they can sit down and sort it out."
Old 03-02-2013, 01:46 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
As for Dave, he was great for what he did on those early albums, but he is the least essential part of Slayer to me. I think this is less one-sided than it looks, but in any case, I'd rather have Kerry in Slayer than Dave.
You're a crazy dude.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
If anyone would like to hear what Nicko has to say on the matter:
Spot on, as usual. Jeff is the MVP of Slayer IMO. He just ran out of gas.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:32 AM
Long live Ronnie James Dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
You're a crazy dude.
He has a small point actually. Dave Lomardo is a great drummer, but I only say this because I've listened a lot to his work with other bands, especially Grip Inc. & Testament.

Not much challenge in Slayer material.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:44 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
He has a small point actually. Dave Lomardo is a great drummer, but I only say this because I've listened a lot to his work with other bands, especially Grip Inc. & Testament.

Not much challenge in Slayer material.
So... are you saying that Dave's work on The Gathering or the Grip Inc. albums is more challenging/impressive than anything he's done in Slayer?
Old 03-04-2013, 01:05 AM
Long live Ronnie James Dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
So... are you saying that Dave's work on The Gathering or the Grip Inc. albums is more challenging/impressive than anything he's done in Slayer?
Yes.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:57 AM
That Guy

I'd say that about Fantomas, and the live bootleg I have of Dave Lombardo, Mike Patton and John Zorn 9the most fucked up music I currently own). But Dave's drums in Slayer are not THAT challenging and hard. If anything, it's more about Endurance. once you learn to play thrash and at Dave's Speed, playing his stuff in Slayer is not that hard, although at the time he started, very innovative. But that said, his work in Slayer is some of his most impressive work.