5.The Killing Words
6.Surgical Strike
7.Neue Regel
8.Chemical Youth (We Are Rebellion)
9.London
10.Screaming In Digital
11.I Will Remember

Genre: Progressive Metal

Queensryche is another band that once was my favorite band, and I can safely say this is their second best album, and definitely their most underrated.I always hated that Queensryche's early stuff is often overlooked, because this album truly is a masterpiece.Geoff's vocals are really great here, and of course the guitars of both Chris and Michael are top notch here as always.Highlights include fantastic opener "Walk In The Shadows", the extremely underrated "Surgical Strike", and the best song on the entire record, "The Whisper".Picking a second favorite Queensryche record is not the easiest thing in the whole world to do, because theirs three other strong contenders, but this takes the spot just because to me this is when Queensryche fully developed their progressive sound.Not much more to say other than this is an incredible progressive metal output that any progressive fan should listen to.

Standout Track:
"The Whisper" http://grooveshark.com/s/The+Whisper/2IPwKu?src=5
8/14 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper

Last edited by TheWildAndTheYoung; 02-24-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:04 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Lol, dude I gotta give you kudos on this list. It makes me laugh a little because outside of Motley Crue and Skid Row (and maybe a little Ratt) I can't fucking stand glam, but you know your shit. And if I remember correctly, you're pretty young. You know glam like I know thrash and if there's one thing that's important when it comes to music or any kind of art, it's to know what you like. Nice work. I don't like most of the albums you've listed but it's clear that you just fucking love glam, and that's alright by me!
Old 02-24-2013, 04:08 PM
Hunting High And Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
Lol, dude I gotta give you kudos on this list. It makes me laugh a little because outside of Motley Crue and Skid Row (and maybe a little Ratt) I can't fucking stand glam, but you know your shit. And if I remember correctly, you're pretty young. You know glam like I know thrash and if there's one thing that's important when it comes to music or any kind of art, it's to know what you like. Nice work. I don't like most of the albums you've listed but it's clear that you just fucking love glam, and that's alright by me!
Thanks man, yea, I REALLY love glam, and expect to see some Motley, Skid Row, and Ratt lower down the list
Old 02-25-2013, 11:06 AM
things are more than just what you see

I guess I feel like bvb get labeled glam cause of their image, which I could give a shit less about... their sound doesn't sound like it to me... for one he's not a really high tenor which is what I associate with that genre, see reference, crue, etc. Also the guitar tone does not remind me of glam at all... honestly there's a lot of their material that to me sounds more like avenged sevenfold worship than anything from the glam world... which is ok by me, I love Avenged...

9/21: Uproar Festival
Old 02-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Hunting High And Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_jman View Post
I guess I feel like bvb get labeled glam cause of their image, which I could give a shit less about... their sound doesn't sound like it to me... for one he's not a really high tenor which is what I associate with that genre, see reference, crue, etc. Also the guitar tone does not remind me of glam at all... honestly there's a lot of their material that to me sounds more like avenged sevenfold worship than anything from the glam world... which is ok by me, I love Avenged...
I just think the whole atmosphere and production is glam really, but hey, we all have are different opinions.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:55 AM
Hunting High And Low

57.Pride - White Lion

Tracklist:
1.Hungry
2.Lonely Nights
3.Don't Give Up
4.Sweet Little Loving
5.Lady Of The Valley
6.Wait
7.All You Need Is Rock N' Roll
8.Tell Me
9.All Join Our Hands
10.When The Children Cry

Genre: Glam Metal

White Lion was one of the first bands that I really got into.This album was a huge inspiration for me on my guitar playing, wanting to learn all songs on this record at that time.The guitar style of Vito Bratta is a lot similar to Eddie Van Halen, tapping very frequently, and is even on par with Eddie most of the time when it comes to skill.The drums pound loud on this record, all because of the great drummer Greg D'Angelo.Bass player James Lomenzo keeps a great steady rhythm, as all glam metal bass players do.Of course Mike Tramp's incredible vocals are always great to listen to. He sometimes sounds like he's off-key but he makes sound great.Highlights include mega-hit "Wait", highly underrated "All You Need Is Rock N' Roll", and my favorite, the "troubled child" song "Lonely Nights".This albums is a 80's glam masterpiece, and everyone should check it out.

Standout Track:
"Lonely Nights" http://grooveshark.com/s/Lonely+Nights/2CWRCg?src=5
Old 02-26-2013, 09:58 AM
Music Is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
The guitar style of Vito Bratta is a lot similar to Eddie Van Halen, tapping very frequently, and is even on par with Eddie most of the time when it comes to skill.
Vito: 1 of only 3 guitarists I can think of that used EMG pickups and had an awesome tone. I hear he quit playing because he fucked up his wrist permanently or something. Too bad, he would've been the next EVH if he continued.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Hunting High And Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
Vito: 1 of only 3 guitarists I can think of that used EMG pickups and had an awesome tone. I hear he quit playing because he fucked up his wrist permanently or something. Too bad, he would've been the next EVH if he continued.
Totally agree with you, it's too bad he cant play anymore
Old 02-26-2013, 12:35 PM
Hunting High And Low

56.The Last Command - W.A.S.P.

Tracklist:
1.Wild Child
2.Ballcrusher
3.Fistful Of Diamonds
4.Jack Action
5.Widowmaker
6.Blind In Texas
7.Cries In The Night
8.The Last Command
9.Running Wild In The Streets
10.Sex Drive

Genre: Heavy Metal, Shock Rock

One seriously underrated band is W.A.S.P., possibly one of the heaviest bands on the Sunset Strip during the 80's.Pretty much all their albums are killer, even the new ones.This isn't the only one that will make this list either.Blackie Lawless is one of my favorite vocalists because of the raw energy in his voice.The guitar players Chris Holmes and Randy Piper are also of course stellar on this record, with a great style going along with the "Less is more" direction with the riffs and chords, but totally ripping on the solos.Highlights include "Wild Child" (one of the best metal anthems of all-time), the really underrated song "Jack Action", and my favorite the also highly underrated take-no-prisoners song "Running Wild In The Streets".

Standout Track:
"Running Wild In The Streets" http://grooveshark.com/s/Running+Wil...s/528gi2?src=5
Old 02-26-2013, 01:05 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Jack Action is not underrated. It was justifiably marginalized when listeners immideatly realized Blackie was idiotically trying to steal the You Got Another Thing Comin riff.