Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Ghost -- Lawrence, KS -- April 22nd, 2014
Alter Bridge -- Atlanta, GA -- April 19th, 2014
Megadeth -- Las Vegas, NV -- April 17th, 2014
Gotthard -- Zürich, Switzerland -- April 11th, 2014
Ghost -- St. Louis, MO -- April 20th, 2014

Old 02-23-2013, 07:27 AM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

Oh shit dude, thats scary about your friend. Glad he got the proper attention and is doing better.

So for the last few weeks some asshole in my neighborhood has been getting up at 4am on Saturday morning, revs up his motorcycle, and hauls ass down the street. Wakes me up every time. This morning he did it twice, its so loud that it REALLY wakes you up and makes you stay awake for a while. If this continues im going to slash his tires (k, not really, but at least ask him nicely to stop )

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 02-23-2013, 08:24 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

5/21 - Primus
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
Old 02-23-2013, 01:23 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMetal468 View Post
So overall, the Testament show fucking blew. Here's why:

- First off, fuck Milwaukee. The people there are inbred morons. Really made me appreciate Chicago a lot more.

- Flotsam & Jetsam were great, especially all the old songs they played (No Place for Disgrace and Hammerhead live ) but the new songs sucked a ton of dick. Wow. Giddy Up? Come on.

- Chuck Billy sounded like ass. Sure it was cool seeing some of the songs from The Legacy I haven't seen before but that was about it. At least Alex sounded awesome, and Gene was a beast as always.

- My friend had a seizure right next to me from Testament's strobe lights. 2 of our other friends and I carried him out to the lobby where security helped us out and called an ambulance. That was fucked up, seriously. I'm still in shock from it now. At least he got medical attention right away and he's doing a lot better now.

So yeah, I'm sure this show would've been a billion times better if my friend didn't have a seizure, it was in Chicago, and Overkill didn't drop.
Other than the seizure stuff (which I can totally see happening, those are some serious strobes), you had the same concert experience as I did... other than the inbred Milwaukeans of course. Flotsam's new stuff is total garbage. My one buddy had never heard them before and when they were playing the first song, "Ugly Noise" he kind of looked at me, like 'really?' Then they play "Iron Tears" and it's like a light turned on in his head! Chuck fucking sucked... I give him credit for trying, but seriously, with Overkill dropping off the tour completely and Testament not being able to perform to their full ability, they should just cancel and re-start once everyone is healthy.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:56 PM
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.

So...I got to apply for a tattoo apprenticeship and got a price on a tattoo I've been wanting while I was at it (the four Dark Judges on my arm, which would run me up about $300), had a conversation with an HEB cart wrangler about the shitty state of the music industry, and found a guitar worth saving up for. Overall, I had a pretty good day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
This tour must really be taking it's toll on Chuck because he sounded great when I saw them a few weeks ago. Jesus, that sucks about your friend and the strobes.

I agree with everything he said. I hope your friend is alright; that shit's fucked up...
5/3 - TDEP?
5/5 - Master?
5/12 - Nile
5/24 - Down OR Dax Riggs
7/15 - Motley Crue?

Last edited by RampinUp46; 02-23-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:56 PM
One who onions things

It's too bad about Ugly Noise sucking so bad. After that whole PledgeMusic thing they did and reuniting most of the Doomsday lineup, I really wanted the album to be good. I still need to check out The Cold.
Neurosis/Bl'ast!/YOB (???) 12/29
Old 02-23-2013, 06:37 PM
N00B

I actually really enjoyed everything Flotsam played live. I have the feeling I wouldn't like the new stuff on the album, but it sounded heavy and I wasn't bored at all. I'm not sure I'd want to hear them play any longer than they did, but it was a good set in an otherwise disappointing night.
7/19 - Megadeth
Old 02-23-2013, 10:39 PM
That Guy

Just got home from Testament, Flotsam And Jetsam, and 4Arm a little bit ago to find out that I am jamming with one of my biggest musical influences of all time on Friday night.

Hint hint....The End Is Begun!
Old 02-24-2013, 03:23 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

How was Testament?
5/21 - Primus
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
Old 02-24-2013, 09:01 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Just got home from Testament, Flotsam And Jetsam, and 4Arm a little bit ago to find out that I am jamming with one of my biggest musical influences of all time on Friday night.

Hint hint....The End Is Begun!
So, someone from Three then...

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
30/4 Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Old 02-24-2013, 04:40 PM
"I call it torture you call it life. A slave to money and everything I despise"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMetal468 View Post
So overall, the Testament show fucking blew. Here's why:

- First off, fuck Milwaukee. The people there are inbred morons. Really made me appreciate Chicago a lot more.

- Flotsam & Jetsam were great, especially all the old songs they played (No Place for Disgrace and Hammerhead live ) but the new songs sucked a ton of dick. Wow. Giddy Up? Come on.

- Chuck Billy sounded like ass. Sure it was cool seeing some of the songs from The Legacy I haven't seen before but that was about it. At least Alex sounded awesome, and Gene was a beast as always.

- My friend had a seizure right next to me from Testament's strobe lights. 2 of our other friends and I carried him out to the lobby where security helped us out and called an ambulance. That was fucked up, seriously. I'm still in shock from it now. At least he got medical attention right away and he's doing a lot better now.

So yeah, I'm sure this show would've been a billion times better if my friend didn't have a seizure, it was in Chicago, and Overkill didn't drop.
Wow, that is super scary, hope your friend is doing better. Hearing these reviews, I'm glad I passed on this tour, even though Overkill hadn't dropped yet at that point.

Oh yeah, and the Iron Reagan show was so much fun! Ramming Speed was amazing as always, and Meth Valley was cool. Draize was intense, they definitely surprised me. Crowd was really energetic too, all around awesome time!
6/15 Mutilation Rites

Last edited by energymetal14; 02-24-2013 at 05:14 PM.