Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014
Saviours -- San Francisco, CA -- September 27th, 2014

Old 02-21-2013, 11:29 PM
And now itís time to pull through. Something I must do with or without you.

Dont get me wrong I listen to some cheesy music but what appeals to you from glam metal/rock or whatevs sooo much to where it makes your top 100 list. I mean when I see the album covers and listen to it its just too cheesy. Plus totally aimed for the chicas like cmon...
Tough Mudder-10/26
TGI/ETID-11/15
Old 02-22-2013, 06:10 AM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
Dont get me wrong I listen to some cheesy music but what appeals to you from glam metal/rock or whatevs sooo much to where it makes your top 100 list. I mean when I see the album covers and listen to it its just too cheesy. Plus totally aimed for the chicas like cmon...
Well considering glam metal is my all-time FAVORITE genre, you should expect for this list to be filled with glam metal albums.I love the guitar talented, the tone of the singers, and just the overall anthemic and happy feeling in most glam metal's songs.Not to say I don't love serious stuff to.Bands like Skid Row, Motley Crue, and L.A. Guns are all about sleaze and/or danger, witch I really like as well.But bands like Poison, Warrant, and White Lion are just about having fun, but are all serious when it's needed.Poison is a perfect example and is really somewhat an underrated band in this community, because they get judged by songs like "Unskinnny Bop" and "Nothin' But A Good Time", but they actually have great serious songs like "Fallen Angel", "Life Goes On", and "Stand".So I don't think you're giving a lot of glam bands a chance, just my opinion though.On a side note, glam rock and glam metal are two different genres.Example: Sweet, glam rock. Poison, glam metal.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:51 AM

62.Frontiers - Journey

Tracklist:
1.Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
2.Send Her My Love
3.Chain Reaction
4.After The Fall
5.Faithfully
6.Edge Of The Blade
7.Troubled Child
8.Back Talk
9.Frontiers
10.Rubicon
11.Only The Young
12.Ask The Lonely
13.Liberty
14.Only Solutions

Genre: Arena Rock/Hard Rock

Journey, yet another legendary rock band that makes this list, more than once I should tell you.This album is a killer album, with no filler songs, and the re-release is even better because it adds four great tracks.Neal Schon is one the greatest guitar players of all time, and Steve Perry is definitely one of the most talented vocalists of all time as well.Journey is also another band that was my favorite band at some point in my life.I always knew "Don't Stop Believin'" and "Any Way You Want It", but it was "Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)" that really got me hooked on Journey.Highlights include of course the opener "Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)", the ballad "Send Her My Love", and the underrated "Edge Of The Blade".I really suggest everyone listen to this album, especially the highly underrated second half.

Standout Track:
"Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)" http://grooveshark.com/s/Separate+Wa...t/394CCk?src=5
Old 02-22-2013, 09:38 AM
And now itís time to pull through. Something I must do with or without you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
Well considering glam metal is my all-time FAVORITE genre, you should expect for this list to be filled with glam metal albums.I love the guitar talented, the tone of the singers, and just the overall anthemic and happy feeling in most glam metal's songs.Not to say I don't love serious stuff to.Bands like Skid Row, Motley Crue, and L.A. Guns are all about sleaze and/or danger, witch I really like as well.But bands like Poison, Warrant, and White Lion are just about having fun, but are all serious when it's needed.Poison is a perfect example and is really somewhat an underrated band in this community, because they get judged by songs like "Unskinnny Bop" and "Nothin' But A Good Time", but they actually have great serious songs like "Fallen Angel", "Life Goes On", and "Stand".So I don't think you're giving a lot of glam bands a chance, just my opinion though.On a side note, glam rock and glam metal are two different genres.Example: Sweet, glam rock. Poison, glam metal.
Music doesnt have to be serious. I just think glam anything is too cheesy and concerned with the appeal. Not a fan of the lyrics either and I find it too repetitive, dull and cut and paste. I used like Motley Crue though haha Anyways to each their own. Cool thread none the less.
Tough Mudder-10/26
TGI/ETID-11/15
Old 02-22-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
Music doesnt have to be serious. I just think glam anything is too cheesy and concerned with the appeal. Not a fan of the lyrics either and I find it too repetitive, dull and cut and paste. I used like Motley Crue though haha Anyways to each their own. Cool thread none the less.
Well everyone has there own opinion of course.I personally always liked the image, as long as it wasn't too girly (I'm not crazy about early era Poison image).Bands only used that image so that could get noticed and get the recognition they deserve, but unfortunately some people look at glam bands and write them off as "garbage" just because of their image and never listen to the music.Anyway, hope you find some stuff you like in this thread and hopefully give the glam bands you haven't heard a chance.Keep on rockin'
Old 02-22-2013, 10:36 AM
things are more than just what you see

interesting list so far...

so far my only comment is, if there's a Bon Jovie album at the top of this glam heap it had better be slippery when wet... say what you want but that album kicks ass.

I am thinking of making a similar list, but I noticed some of my favorite albums are live albums, that might anoy people, but my list looks wrong without them. my favorite album of all time is live.

9/21: Uproar Festival
Old 02-22-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_jman View Post
interesting list so far...

so far my only comment is, if there's a Bon Jovie album at the top of this glam heap it had better be slippery when wet... say what you want but that album kicks ass.

I am thinking of making a similar list, but I noticed some of my favorite albums are live albums, that might anoy people, but my list looks wrong without them. my favorite album of all time is live.
Slippery will be on this list, but, umm, don't hurt me for saying this, it will not be at number one, I would reveal which one will, but that would spoil it.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:16 AM

61.Soldiers Under Command - Stryper

Tracklist:
1.Soldiers Under Command
2.Makes Me Wanna Sing
3.Together Forever
4.First Love
5.The Rock That Makes Me Roll
6.Reach Out
7.(Waiting For) A Love That's Real
8.Together As One
9.Surrender
10.Battle Hymn Of The Republic

Genre: Christian Metal/Heavy Metal/Glam Metal

Stryper is another extremely underrated band, and too me are actually the heaviest glam metal band of the 80's ( besides Motley and Skid Row of course).I was introduce to this band when I was 9 years old, my dad thought I would like them because they where Christians yet had a glam metal sound.Most people say To Hell With The Devil is their best work, but I prefer this album to any of their others.The only not so good song on here is "First Love".The highlights include the classic Stryper rocker "The Rock That Makes Me Roll", the 80's hit that never was "(Waiting For) A Love That's Real", and the best song on the whole thing, the heavy metal assault title-track.Michael Sweet's operatic vocals are as great as can be, the combination of Michael's and Oz's guitars are top notch, with Tim and Robert keeping a steady beat and rhythm.A killer metal album with Christian themes.

Standout Track:
"Soldiers Under Command" http://grooveshark.com/s/Soldiers+Un...d/4zRLzS?src=5
Old 02-23-2013, 01:04 PM
things are more than just what you see

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
Slippery will be on this list, but, umm, don't hurt me for saying this, it will not be at number one, I would reveal which one will, but that would spoil it.
ok, I could maybe accept new Jersey as the number one although IMO its not as good as slippery, lol.

9/21: Uproar Festival
Old 02-23-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_jman View Post
ok, I could maybe accept new Jersey as the number one although IMO its not as good as slippery, lol.
Well, I'm not saying it will be number one, but there's a chance it will.