4.Without The Night
5.Purple Haze
6.State Of Emergency
7.Time To Surrender
8.Poison Angel
9.Hangin' On
10.Headed For A Heartbreak

Genre: Glam Metal

Winger has gotten some bad rep, which is really undeserved because these guys are extremely talented.Their new stuff is undoubtedly heavy metal to.They actually have a lot of progressive elements in their stuff believe it or not, with tons of key changes in a lot of songs.They also were my favorite band when I was starting out to play guitar, and "Seventeen" remains as one of my favorite songs of all time.Standouts on this album include the awesome opener "Madalaine", power ballad "Headed For A Heartbreak", and the speedy rocker "Poison Angel".The best song is definitely the totally underrated "Time To Surrender".So go ahead bash me for liking music that has unbelievable talent in it, even though most of you will disagree, but do I care? NO.

Standout Track:
"Time To Surrender" http://grooveshark.com/s/Time+To+Surrender/34zWK8?src=5
No bashing here, outstanding debut album from a very talented band, and they are great live. Still pumping out great music now.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:29 PM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaking The Law View Post
No bashing here, outstanding debut album from a very talented band, and they are great live. Still pumping out great music now.
Finally someone who agrees with me I really want to see them live as well
Old 02-17-2013, 02:54 PM

71.5150 - Van Halen

Tracklist:
1.Good Enough
2.Why Can't This Be Love
3.Get Up
4.Dreams
5.Summer Nights
6.Best Of Both Worlds
7.Love Walks In
8."5150"
9.Inside

Genre: Hard Rock

Before anyone starts to throw a fit, I would like to point out that this isn't the only Van Halen record that will make this list.That said, I actually do like a lot of Sammy stuff, of course they are exceptions.This record though is very good, and really surprised me on my first listen, because I only heard bad stuff about Sammy.Eddie has some of his best work on here in my opinion, just listen to "Summer Nights".The highlights include the slow, keyboard driven ballad "Love Walks In", the killer title-track, and my favorite, another keyboard driven track "Dreams".The only song that is weak here in my opinion is "Inside", but other than that, it's an awesome album that all rock fans need to check out.

Standout Track:
"Dreams" http://grooveshark.com/s/Dreams/N0viy?src=5
Old 02-17-2013, 03:14 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

That's a pretty good album.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 02-17-2013, 03:29 PM
I've seen some things, man. And some stuff. I wouldn't recommend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
71.5150 - Van Halen

Tracklist:
1.Good Enough
2.Why Can't This Be Love
3.Get Up
4.Dreams
5.Summer Nights
6.Best Of Both Worlds
7.Love Walks In
8."5150"
9.Inside

Before anyone starts to throw a fit, I would like to point out that this isn't the only Van Halen record that will make this list.That said, I actually do like a lot of Sammy stuff, of course they are exceptions.This record though is very good, and really surprised me on my first listen, because I only heard bad stuff about Sammy.Eddie has some of his best work on here in my opinion, just listen to "Summer Nights".The highlights include the slow, keyboard driven ballad "Love Walks In", the killer title-track, and my favorite, another keyboard driven track "Dreams".The only song that is weak here in my opinion is "Inside", but other than that, it's an awesome album that all rock fans need to check out.

Standout Track:
"Dreams" http://grooveshark.com/s/Dreams/N0viy?src=5
I can't listen to this or OU812 much at all anymore because they're both terribly produced, but 5150, the song, is one of Ed's best works. Bitch & a half to play correctly.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
I can't listen to this or OU812 much at all anymore because they're both terribly produced, but 5150, the song, is one of Ed's best works. Bitch & a half to play correctly.
You sure got that right
Old 02-17-2013, 05:00 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

I can't get past Hagar on vocals, but if I could, I'm sure I would admit that 5150 is a good album.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:29 PM

70.Extreme - Extreme

Tracklist:
1.Little Girls
2.Wind Me Up
3.Kid Ego
4.Watching, Waiting
5.Mutha (Don't Wanna Go To School Today)
6.Teacher's Pet
7.Big Boys Don't Cry
8.Smoke Signals
9.Flesh 'N' Blood
10.Rock A Bye Bye
11.Play With Me

Genre: Glam Metal/Funk Metal

Extreme is also like Winger is the sense that they never are really given enough credit they deserve when it comes to talent.I mean their most popular songs are acoustic ballads, and the shredding guitar style that makes Extreme so great is not showcased well on those type of songs.They are definitely different from the rest of the glam metal bands because they bring a funk sound to their music, which seems to fit well with glam.I also love the overall childhood theme this record has, save for the crucifixion inspired ballad "Watching, Waiting", and the only stinker on the album "Flesh 'N' Blood".Highlights include the anti -bully song "Kid Ego", the extremely funky "Teacher's Pet", and one of the best songs Nuno does on guitar "Play With Me".The top song though definitely has to be "Mutha (Don't Wanna Go To School Today)".A excellent debut album from Boston's second greatest band.

Standout Track:
"Mutha (Don't Wanna Go To School Today) http://grooveshark.com/s/Mutha+Don+t...o/1YW2DS?src=5
Old 02-18-2013, 02:32 PM

69.Prisoners In Paradise - Europe

Tracklist:
1.All Or Nothing
2.Halfway To Heaven
3.I'll Cry For You
4.Little Bit Of Lovin'
5.Talk To Me
6.Seventh Sign
7.Prisoners In Paradise
8.Bad Blood
9.Homeland
10.Got Your Mind In The Gutter
11.'Till My Heart Beats Down Your Door
12.Girl From Lebanon

Europe, like Winger, are also extremely underrated and are likely to get bashed, and do you know why? it's all because they released one bad song that got really popular, and everyone refuses to give any of there other stuff a chance even though they are told by Europe fans constantly that none of their other stuff sounds like that.I'm just going to say right here and now, there really isn't a bad Europe album, all are good, no matter how bad "The Final Countdown" (song not album) is.All that said, this is Europe being a more straight up hard rock band, other than a glam or power metal band, and it's a very excellent record.The only song I don't like is "Got Your Mind In The Gutter".The standouts are the title-track, the highly underrated rocker "Little Bit Of Lovin'", and my favorite, the classic AOR sounding "Halfway To Heaven".This is a very underrated record in all, and if you refuse to listen to it because of just one bad song you heard, then I feel sorry for you.This is also not going to be the last Europe album to make my list.

Standout Track:
"Halfway To Heaven" http://grooveshark.com/s/Halfway+To+Heaven/4BNBvL?src=5

Last edited by TheWildAndTheYoung; 02-18-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:21 AM

68.Revolver - The Beatles

Tracklist:
1.Taxman
2.Eleanor Rigby
3.I'm Only Sleeping
4.Love You To / Here, There And Everywhere
5.Yellow Submarine
6.She Said She Said
7.Good Day Sunshine
8.And Your Bird Can Sing
9.For No One
10.Doctor Robert
11.I Want To Tell You
12.Got To Get You Into My Life
13.Tomorrow Never Knows

Genre: Psychedelic Rock

The Beatles were once my favorite group, but I eventually moved on back to glam metal bands, as well as other metal and rock bands.Anyway, I do still have to admit that this album played an important roll in my music life, so I have to put it on here.This album is arguably the best Beatles record, of course some people will fight and say "Abbey Road" or "Sgt. Pepper", I think this is The Beatles at their strongest, and to be honest I don't like Sgt. Pepper all that much anyway.The only song on here I don't like, and never have liked since I can remember, is "Yellow Submarine".Standouts include "Taxman" possibly George Harrison's finest moment on both guitar and vocals, the groovy "Got To Get You Into My Life", and my favorite Beatles song "And Your Bird Can Sing".This album will only please people who like catchy, melodic, pop rock tunes mixed in with a little psychedelic
elements here and there (and everywhere ).

Standout Track:
"And Your Bird Can Sing" http://grooveshark.com/s/And+Your+Bi...g/4K7cON?src=5