Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

Old 02-18-2013, 07:22 PM
Concert Veteran

Holy shit Hall looks terrible. He needs a wheelchair to get around now? I had no idea he was in that bad of shape. Jake doesn't look too bad, nice to see he still has the mustache. Except for cutting his hair DDP still looks the same as he did 10-15 years ago.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:25 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Punk/Taker is a terrible terrible idea that would have 0 buys. No one would believe for a second Punk has the credibility to break the streak.
No one has the credibility to break the streak. Why would they ever end it?
Old 02-18-2013, 07:40 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

DDP looks like he hasn't aged a year. And Hall looks like he aged all those years for him. Shit.
07/04 - Agalloch
08/23 - Alice in Chains
12/06 - the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 02-18-2013, 07:41 PM

I know you all hate the Rock but he got rid of the godawful Spinner Belt (kayfabe). That has to be worth something!
07/04 - Agalloch
08/23 - Alice in Chains

Last edited by adamclark52; 02-18-2013 at 10:39 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:13 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
No one has the credibility to break the streak. Why would they ever end it?
Of fucking course no one does. Vince would rather job Cena to Brian Danielson in 15 seconds at Mania than make Taker lose. BUT, the point is to create heat, to create tension, to create doubt.

Let's be honest, there was a slight draw to seeing HHH take on Undertaker those 2nd and 3rd times because we thought "OK, maybe HHH will use his political power to go over Undertaker at mania." Really everything except who won that match was irrelevant, but it worked because of that one doubt. That's all you need is a doubt. There is no doubt whatsoever that Taker would beat Punk at mania. Now on the other hand someone like Brock Lesnar... that would create doubt. That would make the viewer think "hmmmm....maybe Brock has a chance of winning here." That doubt is all it takes to sell a ticket.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:52 PM

I can't remember too many times I thought that someone had a legit shot at breaking the streak. The one time I really thought it was going to end was at Wrestlemania 21 when he fought Randy Orton. I can't remember what struck me during that match but they were just started really pushing Orton then and it just seemed like that was the time.

I doubt the streak will ever end as well. But ending it would be the HUGEST rub a heel could ever get.
07/04 - Agalloch
08/23 - Alice in Chains
Old 02-19-2013, 06:21 AM
though the vocals can be a little to extreme for me some times

Ending it would be a huge blow to WWE as well.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:27 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Of fucking course no one does. Vince would rather job Cena to Brian Danielson in 15 seconds at Mania than make Taker lose. BUT, the point is to create heat, to create tension, to create doubt.

Let's be honest, there was a slight draw to seeing HHH take on Undertaker those 2nd and 3rd times because we thought "OK, maybe HHH will use his political power to go over Undertaker at mania." Really everything except who won that match was irrelevant, but it worked because of that one doubt. That's all you need is a doubt. There is no doubt whatsoever that Taker would beat Punk at mania. Now on the other hand someone like Brock Lesnar... that would create doubt. That would make the viewer think "hmmmm....maybe Brock has a chance of winning here." That doubt is all it takes to sell a ticket.
Taker isn't going to wrestle Brock. He is too reckless with his style and Taker won't have a match with someone who can seriously hurt him at this point in his career. Wrestlemania tickets go on sale well before the card is announced. This year's is close to selling out, there's not too many people waiting to see who Taker will fight before they get tickets. So people having doubt about weather the streak stays doesn't seem to matter when it comes to selling out wrestlemania.

There aren't too many fans who wanna see the streak end and I doubt any of them purchase wrestlemania in hopes of seeing it end at this point. They just want to see Taker have a hell of a match with somebody and keep the streak alive and most fans will be happy. With Punk vs Taker that's exactly what they'll get.

The new WWE title is fuckin terrible. I'm guessing Cena will bring back the spinner when he wins at mania but still, the new belt looks like just as big of a joke as the spinner does. But since Rock is nothing but a joke champion anyways the new design makes sense. Once again at the PPV sunday he had an awful match and Punk knew he couldn't save all the suck that the Rock has in the ring at this point so Punk didn't even try either. Who can blame him? The Rock is only wrestling once a month and not doing any house shows. If he doesn't give a shit and doesn't put in an effort then why should Punk? There's no need for him to bust his ass for a guy who's doing nothing but coming back to promote his moives and then is leaving.

If The Rock didn't have a shitty movie coming out this month and then the GI Joe one next month he would not even have bothered coming back and that's a fact. He talks about how much he loves the fans and the wrestling buisness yet he only comes around when he has a movie to promote and then he puts in as little effort as possible before he leaves the WWE again. Yet, he's the current WWE champion If people want to continue to cheer and look up to a hypocrite like him then I feel sorry for them.

Whoops, didn't realise that was gonna turn into another anti Rock rant
Old 02-19-2013, 08:03 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

It's the attitude era scratching logo. That's what makes it look cheap. I don't think people would have been that miffed at the spinner belt if there wasn't that dumb logo. Any semblance of "attitude" from WWE had faded a long, long time ago, and putting something that crude on your belt just makes it look unprofessional. Fuck even in the attitude era the title looked like a serious sports title.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:18 AM
WHAT THE FUCK...HAVE....I BECOME!!!!

The plan for Taker was for him to go 20-0 and have someone break it to end his career. It's Taker's choice really on who should break it and it wouldn't be shocking if he would name Punk as the guy. He has a lot of respect for Punk and see's him in the same league as HBK, Trips, and many others. Talk is that if Taker doesn't have a match this year he will for sure next year and call it a career.