Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Cena vs Rock
Alberto vs Jack Swaggar
Lesnar vs Triple H
Kane vs Daniel Bryan
Rey vs Sin Cara

That's from I've heard so far for WM this year.
The only one of those matches that sounds like it would be pretty cool is Lesnar v HHH. Are they gonna pull out The Undertaker for another "BAH GAWD 1,000,000 and O AT WRESTLEMANIA" match? He's still somewhat active right?
Old 02-17-2013, 08:30 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Thoughts on Elimination Chamber:
-Big Show vs. Alberto Del Rio was pretty good. Not as good as their match at the Royal Rumble but still entertaining. The only thing that bugged me for the whole match was that I still just don't buy ADR as a face. He's terrible as a face actually.
-Antonio Cesario vs. the Miz was okay. I thought a lot of spots that were used in the previous match would've worked better in this one but it was too early to start repeating them. I'd say it's a good bet they'll meet at Wrestlemania.
-the Elimination Chamber match was decent. That match has lost it's mystique for me. I can't believe this was the sixteenth one! I had a feeling it would be Mark Henry winning but once I learned more about Jack Swaggers character I figured he'd win. Jericho was gold (as always).
-I loved the six man tag. It really would've benefitted from being in the Chamber, or at least an elimination tag. They could've used it as a good tool to build Ryback. Like I said a few posts ago; I've never seen the Shield before tonight but I LOVED those guys. It's really too bad they'll probably be gone this time next year. Not just the group but the three individual guys. And Cena is such a faggot. I'm sorry but he sucks so much. Even not watching wrestling for the past four years as soon as he gets on camera I'm taken back to 2005 when it all started. God I hate that guy.
-Ziggler vs. Kofi was good in the short time they had. Some really nice spots like when Ziggler did a 450 degree spin after Kofi's kick, and the final spot. But so short, the time would've been better used in the main-event.
-the Divas match was a divas match, whatever. Kaitlyn is really pretty.
-Tensai's comment about his face tattoo was actually funny, something rare for a WWE skit. Just the way he said "oh, knowing my luck..." seemed really authentic.
-the Main Event was (I'm going into Sanitarium territory here) absolutely terrible. They could've done so much more with the "Rock gets DQ'ed he loses the title" story. Like have Punk egg him on with a chair or something. It just didn't have that big match feel like the Rumble did. Rock was total shit and CM Punk didn't seem like he gave a fuck either. I was expecting a run-in of some sort, or a gong. I knew it wasn't going to be any good when the match itself didn't start until 10:30. Most PPV's I've seen have the main event starting around 10:00 (the intros, match around fifteen minutes later) and it seemed like they always end around 10:42. At least this one went a bit longer than normal, I think around 10:50-10:52.

So it was an okay show. It was fun seeing it in a theater, which is something I did a lot in 2002-2006 but I hadn't done since Summerslam 2007 (I think). The Chamber was solid, ADR vs. Big Show was good and the six man match was great.
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend

Last edited by adamclark52; 02-17-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:49 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

You saw it in a theater? How does that work?

Last edited by JRA; 02-17-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
You saw it in a theater? How does that work?
Just like a movie really. Except it costs a little more ($18) and there's usually more people than the average movie I've seen in theaters. They've been doing it in Canada since late-2000 I think.

You get a few retards but tonights crowd was really good. It's more fun sometimes to see it with a bunch of people. Seeing Brock Lesnar botch his shooting star press at Wrestlemania XIX in a theater was pretty entertaining. And it made watching the first One Night Stand with a bunch of other people who were really into it was a lot of fun too. And I'll never forget the crowd erupting when Maven eliminated the Undertaker from the 2002 Royal Rumble. It's actually really fun as long as the crowd doesn't get too stupid. I had that happen a few times and it made me kinda embarrassed to be in a theater with them. Granted it happened at a few really bad PPV's (No Mercy 2004 was a particularly bad experience).
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend

Last edited by adamclark52; 02-17-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:11 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

I see.

In other news, this is my new favorite thing ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ftan0s06yE

It helps if you've seen that Zandig promo that went viral (by wrestling standards anyway) or watch Botchamania.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:47 PM
WHAT THE FUCK...HAVE....I BECOME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I've never seen the Shield before tonight but I LOVED those guys. It's really too bad they'll probably be .
Watch the match where they faced Ryback at TLC. It was pretty damn good as well.

Those three guys are some serious players in the wrestling biz during the Indy's like Punk. There is a reason why they have such a great chemistry together and will even be better once they go single.

Ambrose with Dragon Gate USA

Rollins with Ring of Honor

Roman Reigns aka Leati Anoa'i is part of the famous Samoan Anoa'i family. His cousin is the Rock, Rikishi, Umaga, The Usos, and his brother is Rosey.

So each one of these guys can wrestle but it's up to WWE to utilize them cause they could be stars.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:50 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
The only one of those matches that sounds like it would be pretty cool is Lesnar v HHH. Are they gonna pull out The Undertaker for another "BAH GAWD 1,000,000 and O AT WRESTLEMANIA" match? He's still somewhat active right?
Actually from what I've heard unless they announce him like right now Undertaker won't be doing WM this year. All reports I read said they wanted him announced either before or at Elimination Chamber.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Actually from what I've heard unless they announce him like right now Undertaker won't be doing WM this year. All reports I read said they wanted him announced either before or at Elimination Chamber.
From what I read the Undertaker is still deciding if he wants to do it or not. I've lost a little respect for the Undertaker waiting so long. The WWE really depends on him, and leaving them hanging until the last minute isn't very professional. If you're not going to do it, tell them. Give them time to make alternate arrangements. But leaving them guessing until a month before the show isn't fair on his part.
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 02-18-2013, 09:05 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
From what I read the Undertaker is still deciding if he wants to do it or not. I've lost a little respect for the Undertaker waiting so long. The WWE really depends on him, and leaving them hanging until the last minute isn't very professional. If you're not going to do it, tell them. Give them time to make alternate arrangements. But leaving them guessing until a month before the show isn't fair on his part.
We'll know for sure tonight weather Taker will be at mania or not. It's not really selfish on Taker's part at all. He's had several major surgeries since last years mania and isn't in the best of shape anymore. Because of this i'm sure he has to take it on week to week basis on how he feels physically and if he thinks he's up for a macth this year. This has nothing to do with Taker leaving them hanging, it just has to do with how his body feels. He's probably just waiting until mania is close to decide. When it comes to coming back from injuries that's how it goes. If he has a match this year it will most likely be against Punk from all the rumors i've read.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:25 AM

So Wrestlemania XXX is in New Orleans. So much for tradition.
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend