Touche Amore -- Lawrence, KS -- July 27th, 2014
Machine Head -- Toledo, OH -- July 18th, 2014
MayhemFest -- Clarkston, MI -- July 17th, 2014
Winger -- Portland, ME -- July 26th, 2014

Old 02-11-2013, 04:15 PM
I'M BACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
I actually thought that Gambling With The Devil was their weakest release in the past decade or so. It was too long, and less than half of the songs were very interesting to me. 7 Sinners was amazing, and Straight Out Of Hell is nearly as good for me.
To be honest, Gambling With the Devil was the first Helloween album I bought since Keeper II. I'm a big Gamma Ray fan. Helloween without Kai/Kiske didn't do anything for me for YEARS. Until Gambling With the Devil. I do really like Nabatea from the new album. Unfortunately thats the first track and its all down hill after that.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:54 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer View Post
I will say it wasn't as epic, but it's because I feel there's a different tone to the record. As where Lapsus was more about betrayal, this seems to be more about Lucifer's vengeance, and the start of the war between him and the false god. He's angry and wants to get his word out and expose the false god's lies. I don't usually think the music is intertwined with lyrics in a lot of metal, but it seems to be with Light Bearer, even if Alex only writes the lyrics.
Agreed. I have to remember that these albums are meant to be experienced as a cohesive work of art. This is such an impressive undertaking. I can't think of another band I love that puts this much thought and passion into creating a collection of albums. The artwork, lyrics, melodies, songs are all painstakingly created and I can't wait for the next two albums.
10/3 Anathema/ Alcest
10/4 Mark Lanegan
11/1 Dax Riggs
11/8 LOG/KSE
12/12 High on Fire
2/22 DT/OG
Old 02-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Thrash Maniac!!!!

New Devourment leaked!!!
Old 02-17-2013, 01:17 AM
One who onions things

Been listening to a promo of Hatchet's second album, Dawn of the End, quite a bit. I honesty didn't have huge hopes for it what with it being from a young thrash band and all, but it's honestly kicking a ton of ass and the album as a whole gets better with every listen. After spending the last three years seeing these dudes play to barely anyone and becoming friends with all of them, it really makes me happy that they signed with a label again and they are coming out with an album this good.

Where the hell is ADD at? He'd probably flip out if he saw how good Hatchet are live these days and how great the new stuff is.
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Old 02-17-2013, 01:43 AM
Buahahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco44 View Post
Agreed. I have to remember that these albums are meant to be experienced as a cohesive work of art. This is such an impressive undertaking. I can't think of another band I love that puts this much thought and passion into creating a collection of albums. The artwork, lyrics, melodies, songs are all painstakingly created and I can't wait for the next two albums.

I know exactly what you mean. These guys are truly something else. I can't wait to buy the vinyl copy of Silver Tongue.
8/30 Whirr
10/30 KING DIAMOND
Old 02-17-2013, 03:52 AM
N00B

No discussion of Vreid or Suffocation yet???

I haven't listened to the vreid much but it was my #3 album of 2011 so I'm excited for that.

The new Suffocation, I think, is VERY good. Like, awesome. Improved over their latest few.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:58 AM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
Been listening to a promo of Hatchet's second album, Dawn of the End, quite a bit. I honesty didn't have huge hopes for it what with it being from a young thrash band and all, but it's honestly kicking a ton of ass and the album as a whole gets better with every listen. After spending the last three years seeing these dudes play to barely anyone and becoming friends with all of them, it really makes me happy that they signed with a label again and they are coming out with an album this good.

Where the hell is ADD at? He'd probably flip out if he saw how good Hatchet are live these days and how great the new stuff is.
I really hope I get a promo for this. I love Awaiting Evil and have been waiting for a new one since it came out!

Very happy to hear it's a good album.
9/5 - Spell/Manacle
Old 02-17-2013, 05:16 AM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
I really hope I get a promo for this. I love Awaiting Evil and have been waiting for a new one since it came out!

Very happy to hear it's a good album.
Awesome dude! You should send em a message on facebook or something, chances are you'll get a really nice reply from Travis, their bassist. Awaiting Evil is a good album, but it did a pretty awful job of capturing what Hatchet sounded like live in those days. For some reason Marcus tried sounding like Paul DiAnno instead of doing his normal thrash shout and Julz's guitar tone was basically neutered. The drum sound was also super weird. Great songs, but the production just didn't work. I know Julz has never been happy with it.

The guitars sound incredible on Dawn of the End, and as a singer Julz shows a ton more personality than Marcus did on Awaiting Evil. Julz's songwriting has changed a bit though, the fast ones are a bit more brutal and heavy than the quick songs on Awaiting Evil and and the midtempo songs are more Priest and Maiden-like than thrashy. You can definitely tell Julz has been expanding his tastes beyond thrash in the last few years. Awaiting Evil Part 2 this album is not!
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Old 02-17-2013, 08:52 AM
Buahahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tasaurus View Post
No discussion of Vreid or Suffocation yet???

I haven't listened to the vreid much but it was my #3 album of 2011 so I'm excited for that.

The new Suffocation, I think, is VERY good. Like, awesome. Improved over their latest few.
New Vreid kicks ass! Was gonna post about it soon.
8/30 Whirr
10/30 KING DIAMOND
Old 02-17-2013, 04:09 PM
Bringer of Darkness

New Darkthrone is absolutely vicious. Their best since Panzerfaust easily.. This year's Dawnbringer will be this hands down, fantastic heavy metal album. Glad they dialed down the crust punk severely.

Last edited by hb420; 02-18-2013 at 01:10 PM.