Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014
Nonpoint -- Flint, MI -- December 13th, 2014

Old 02-16-2013, 12:22 PM
with his arms outstretched

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Well from what I heard (from living in Chicago) the venue for TNA here (which I hope to go to) is about 45 minutes away from 45 minutes away from Chicago and they are saying that all top level seats won't be sold so that it looks like a full house when they record.
I can remember the WWE even doing that in around 2003/2004.

I can also remember when the Canadian Football League tried to expand to the USA. There was a team in Las Vegas (I think) that had such low attendance that they moved anyone who actually showed up to the 50-yard line on the televised side and never panned the camera away from it.

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2

Last edited by adamclark52; 02-16-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Well from what I heard (from living in Chicago) the venue for TNA here (which I hope to go to) is about 45 minutes away from 45 minutes away from Chicago and they are saying that all top level seats won't be sold so that it looks like a full house when they record.
That sounds like something out of a Dr. Seuss book.

07/06 -- U2
Old 02-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
So I guess is Bruno didn't agree to be inducted this year then Kevin Nash would have been inducted as the main inductee under Foley.

Would never have happened because Nash said he won't go in before Rick Rude.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:29 PM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

Whats everyones take on that old dude that is teaming up with Swagger now? It could be an OK angle... but he isn't believable enough.

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Old 02-16-2013, 05:21 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Would never have happened because Nash said he won't go in before Rick Rude.
I guess Nash was second pick though if Bruno would not have agreed they would of asked Nash.

And if Nash said no they would of just paid him like they did Bruno.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:00 PM
So either make a change or shut the fuck up about it already.

HoF=joke
Old 02-16-2013, 07:14 PM
I came here for 3rd Strike setlists, where are the 3rd Strike setlists

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Whats everyones take on that old dude that is teaming up with Swagger now? It could be an OK angle... but he isn't believable enough.
It's almost too over the top for me. I know heels are heels and you're not supposed to like them, but stuff about REAL AMERICANS and I DON'T EVEN RECOGNIZE MY COUNTRY ANYMORE and GIT BACK ACROSS THE BORDER isn't even clever from a writing standpoint. I guess they could be building to Swagger vs. Del Rio to further get Del Rio over as a face, but it just feels kind of lazy.

Most of the heels feel better written than the faces right now - seriously, tell me one interesting trait about Sheamus (he likes to FOIGHT! and have a PINT!) or Randy Orton (you hear voices that tell you what to do and make you PSYCHOTIC to where you can just SNAP? that's some nu-metal nonsense right there, he's one step away from wearing cat-eye contacts at Ozzfest 2000) - so it's a little surprising that this one is just ridiculous so far.

Haha I had a lot more things to say than I thought I did.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:48 PM
WHAT THE FUCK...HAVE....I BECOME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
This has to be a joke. Why would TNA even think to try booking an arena that big? I'm not going to start TNA bashing but they are just not that big. If WWE rented half the arena out from them or not, the place would still probably be half empty anyway. And they'd be paying for the full arena!

No this has to be a joke. If it isn't I have no sympathy for TNA when they're back to doing shows only at the Impact Zone in September.
Alright lets clear some things up since I live here in San Antonio where this is taking place.

That is the Alamodome and it's a place that holds about 70+ thousand for football and can hold conventions and shit. WWE held the Rumble here in 97 and it sold the fuck out. So imagine the Rumble but with Wrestlemania type atmosphere and with over 80+ thousand people. One of the best moments of my life to see HBK beat Sid for the belt there :')

Anyway...

Why TNA is holding it there? idk but it's a joke. When the seating chart came out i died laughing because we have other places they could hold it here.

We have the AT&T Center where WWE goes every Raw that sits 18+ thousand for their shows and they could use half of it or they could use the Freeman Coliseum right next to that holds 11,700 which I think would have been perfect. This is just embarrassing to see and idk lol. this is just a joke.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:32 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister_Chalupa666 View Post
Alright lets clear some things up since I live here in San Antonio where this is taking place.

That is the Alamodome and it's a place that holds about 70+ thousand for football and can hold conventions and shit. WWE held the Rumble here in 97 and it sold the fuck out. So imagine the Rumble but with Wrestlemania type atmosphere and with over 80+ thousand people. One of the best moments of my life to see HBK beat Sid for the belt there :')

Anyway...

Why TNA is holding it there? idk but it's a joke. When the seating chart came out i died laughing because we have other places they could hold it here.

We have the AT&T Center where WWE goes every Raw that sits 18+ thousand for their shows and they could use half of it or they could use the Freeman Coliseum right next to that holds 11,700 which I think would have been perfect. This is just embarrassing to see and idk lol. this is just a joke.
Thanks for clearing that up. I had read somewhere that the Allamodome holds smaller events and that the TNA seating chart was the usual kind of setup for them, I guess not. You living there would know way more about what goes on at that venue than I would. TNA has been doing really good lately, over that last year and a half i've enjoyed their weekly TV product way more than the WWE. But they have no clue how to market at all. It's strange, you would think with all the veteran minds they have at their disposal, like Hogan, Sting, Bischoff, Jarrett, Angle, Bully Ray who used to book the venues for ECW back in the day, that TNA's marketing wouldn't be so bad. You would think they would go to veterans like these and talk to them about what it takes to make a wrestling company successful.

I think this new angle with Swagger has potential. An alliance with Cesaro and a fued with Del Rio can easily come from this. The guy who Swagger has talking for him used to wrestle under the name Dirty Dutch Mantel back in the 80s. He mainly performed in the NWA and various other territories back in the day. Mantel is one of those unsung behind the scenes poeple. He helped out The Undertaker and Kane when they first broke into the buisness and when Steve Austin was looking for a name to wrestle under Mantel was the one who suggested he use the last name Austin. He was also employeed by TNA for a time and was in charge of the Knockouts division at the time when it was really good a few years back. He's a wrestling veteran who knows what he's doing and it's a good thing he's been paired up with Swagger. It may finally be the one thing to but Swags over the top now.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:42 AM

So are we going to just chalk TNA booking the Allamodome up to stupidity?

I don't love or hate TNA and I'm making fun of them for that. But there are a lot of people that HATE TNA, and TNA does a really good job of giving those people ammo.

I can't wait for the day they actually book one of their PPV's on the same day as one of WWE's. You know they've thought about it.

07/06 -- U2