Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 21st, 2014
Threshold -- London, England -- November 20th, 2014

Old 02-10-2013, 04:50 PM
with his arms outstretched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
After reading through how they broke down the storyline, I don't even remember any of that stuff after hornswaggle was revealed as Vince's son. Regal and Coachman babysitting him and the thing with Carlito, absolutely no recollection on my part at all. I must've either changed the channel or if I was watching it on DVR I must have just fast forwarded through all those segemnts. I have taken breaks here and there from wrestling over the years. Usually they're only a month or two at a time or when Rey Mysterio was world champion. Maybe this stuff happened while I was on one of those breaks. I remember the whole lead up to the reveal but nothing after it.

Anyways, nobody mentioned on here the big news of the week, Bruno Sammartino is being inducted into the WWE hall of fame.
That's pretty groundbreaking, epic news. But unfortunately even someone my age barely knows who he is. I think I saw a grand total of one of his matches in my life, the one at the first Wrestlemania. But it is good to see someone who REALLY deserves to go in get in.
03/07 -- Video Games Live
Old 02-10-2013, 11:17 PM
I came here for 3rd Strike setlists, where are the 3rd Strike setlists

I just attended a house show! I drank a bunch and had a blast, and here's my report. Obviously, all the faces won everything, as is par for house shows. Gotta send the fans home happy so they'll buy a shitload of merch on the way out.

Zack Ryder vs Corey Graves: Zack still gets a massive crowd reaction, no matter how bargain bin he is on the TV side of things now. I didn't care what happened in this one and just let it happen. Zack can take some bumps, I'll say that.

Tensai vs Alex Riley: I guess Tensai is a face now, and Vickie made everyone watch his dancing in lingerie video again, which made me want to be like YEAH, TENSAI, OWN IT, DON'T LET THE CROWD GET YOU DOWN and that's pretty much what happened. He danced before, during and after his match, so I guess he's being moved from jobber material to the comedy category, which is fine with me. I know the guy's been around a long time and felt bad seeing him just get squashed all the time, so GO TENSAI (which I shouted a bunch of times)

Kaitlyn vs. Tamina: Nothing special, I do respect both of them, just a straightforward match, Kaitlyn won after a spear. Crowd loved Kaitlyn.

Team Rhodes Scholars (REUNION) vs. New Age Outlaws (wut): Yeah, so this was listed on the card before the event, and Sandow has had his quarrels with DX so it made sense. Obviously the crowd went nuts for the whole DX schtick, but I didn't watch wrestling in that era so it didn't mean much to me. I was wearing a Sandow shirt, so my allegiance was sworn. They said this was the third and final night of the Rhodes Scholars reunion, which was fine by me. Sandow and Rhodes are great together, and I love their best friends gimmick. New Age Outlaws were fun and didn't embarrass themselves at all, which was nice, they still have some life in them.

INTERMISSION

David Otunga vs. Justin Gabriel: I guess they're trying to get Justin over, but I can't understand why Otunga is still involved in WWE if he's mostly going to be wearing a sweater and drinking coffee, the dude is a physical specimen. He doesn't have a great moveset yet, which might be part of it, and not much of a gimmick other than 'Harvard' and 'slowly doing dramatic muscle man poses, which some perceive to be gay,' so maybe that's why he doesnt' get to do more on TV. I loudly shouted WHY AREN'T YOU AT THE GRAMMYS? I also shouted this at Jericho later, along the lines of WHEN WILL FOZZY BE NOMINATED FOR A GRAMMY?

Chris Jericho vs. Dolph Ziggler (feat AJ and Big E. Langston): I love the whole Dolph/AJ/Big E scene. At some point the kids behind me (we were in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, mind you) shouted at Big. E "Go back to Africa." I almost shouted that at Justin Gabriel earlier as a joke, as well as "This is for apartheid!" when Otunga would smack him, but thought better of it. This kid thought it was OK, though. Something unsettling like that will jar you out of the silly fake wrestling world and bum you out for a bit. AJ got ejected for interference, to the disdain of many a drooling male. Ziggler and Jericho were incredible in the ring together, though, and traded a few super kicks where spit and sweat went flying in such dramatic arcs that you'd think it was real. These guys are great together, a great match. Seriously, at one point I thought Ziggler kicked out one of Jericho's teeth, that's how good they were.

Main Event - CM Punk and Antonio Cesaro vs. Ryback and The Miz: If that sounds like a randomly cobbled together match, that's because it was, but it was mostly fun. Punk and Cesaro came out first and antagonized kids in the crowd, tearing up signs and talking shit at marks for the entire introduction portion. Ryback gets the biggest pop of the night, by far, which was pretty incredible, seeing as how he was no one a year ago. The match was decent, but we didn't get to see a lot of good work from Cesaro and Punk (word is Punk got injured at the house show the night before), it was a lot of shenanigans and rolling around and rope breaks and JUST BARELY...CAN I MAKE IT... tags. No Swiss Death, no Neutralizer, no Go To Sleep, just a bunch of nonsense and Shell Shock, which was predictable enough, but if you understand how house shows have to work, you can't get mad about it.

ANOTHER GREAT NIGHT IN CAPE GIRARDEAU, NEXT UP: EXTREME RULES IN MAY
Old 02-10-2013, 11:19 PM

Also, weird that they only really seem to sell merch for faces (other than Ziggler). No Cody Rhodes shirt, even though they're plugging it hard on TV, no Rhodes Scholars Reunion shirt, no Sandow shirt, and HOW THE HELL does Cesaro not have proper merch yet? Dude has been champion since September or some shit.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:20 AM
Concert Veteran

Nice review of the house show. Next time WWE has one here I should go. It's way better than both RAW and Smackdown because you actually get wrestling and there's not so many stops for commercials/changing ring aprons and recap videos.

I really think they should bring back the New Age Outlaws for a little while. Maybe have them comeback for like two years to help out the tag divison. They don't have to compete year round but maybe give them a special deal where they do something for the big shows like Summerslam, Rumble and Mania. Kind of like what Taker and HBK were doing a few years back. Work six months out of the year and then have the other six off.

Billy Gunn is still in great shape and while I haven't seen him in the ring in a few years, i'm guessing he can still go pretty good. Road Dogg was never in great shape to being with so I don't think that will be an issue if he came back. If he worked out a few days a week on a tredmil he should be OK to come back for awhile. He was the one who always got his assed kicked in their matches anyways and then he would make the tag to Billy who would save the day. You don't need to be in that good of shape to pull that off.

I read Punk got injured the night before when Miz was attempting to do a stalling verticle suplex on him, lost his balance and Punk landed almost directly on his head. Why the hell is a weakling like Miz doing a move like that? There's a reason powerhouse guys like The British Bulldog did that move, it's because they have the upper body strength to pull it off. Miz does not.

So was AJ wearing those really tight jeans that make her ass pop out so perfectly
Old 02-11-2013, 09:51 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_M_S View Post
Also, weird that they only really seem to sell merch for faces (other than Ziggler). No Cody Rhodes shirt, even though they're plugging it hard on TV, no Rhodes Scholars Reunion shirt, no Sandow shirt, and HOW THE HELL does Cesaro not have proper merch yet? Dude has been champion since September or some shit.
"We're heels, why would they buy our shit? It means they don't hate us."

-Jim Cornette
Old 02-11-2013, 10:11 AM

There's always the smarks, we have money, too

But not 'little kid buying every piece of John Cena merch' money, obviously. That's how they pay the bills. The attendance for the show wasn't great, but the line for merch was massive, you can understand how it's financially viable.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:48 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

I wonder why New Age Outlaws was back. Saw them at a indy show maybe two years ago. Both nice guys and Billy Gunn is in great shape still and can still wrestle while Road Dogg has a huge gut now and was kinda drunk / drinking beer during the match.

Also AJ is so damn hot lol.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:03 AM

I can't remember now if they were selling DX merch or not, it seems like that would be a pretty obvious money-maker. Sandow had feuded with DX a few times in the past (Raw 1000, NXT, a few other times) so it made sense and probably drew in some of the Attitude Era fans
Old 02-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_M_S View Post
Did they have Punk merchandise? It's hard to believe they wouldn't. They're losing money at house shows if they don't sell that stuff. I understand having mostly merchandise for the faces but even if they're a heel, if they're on that card and they have merch, they should be selling it. They won't be the hot sellers that the Cena stuff is but the WWE can still make money from them.

I remember when the Great American Bash came here in 2005 and Christians captian charisma shirt sold very well. I was waiting in line to get one for awhile only to find out they were sold out of the shirts in my size. I got an Undertaker shirt instead. Now Christian was being booked as a heel at the time but his character was getting very over. He got one of the best pops of the night at the show. Now due to how close Buffalo is to Canada there were probably a lot of people who came down from there and were Christian fans. His character was getting over pretty good on RAW to though. The guy did make some money for them at that PPV, that's all I know.

There's always people who will cheer the heels and buy their merch. The WWE should take advantage of this at house shows. Even the lowest band on the mayhem fest bill has some merch to sell at each show.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:12 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Next paycheck I plan on buying a CM Punk and Ryback shirt off wwe.com.

Also in March I might go to the first TNA live show from IL. First TNA show EVER that isn't from their studio. Already said that RVD, Bubba Ray, Hogan and Brooke, Sting, Angle and the other big names will be there. It will be a historic show if I go.