Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Skid Row -- Toronto, ON -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014

  #1781  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:35 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,633
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
It has been exactly 2 months since I had my last drink! (so I guess that would make tomorrow my official 2 months sober day).

Sure, there are moments where I'll be at a bar for a show and I'd feel tempted to get a drink, but then I think "Meh... naw." It's a bummer though since it seems some of my friends and aquaintances don't want anything to do with me now that I stopped drinking, which I think is pathetic. I'm no different, I'm still stupid John The Drummer who yells "PANTURRUH!" at shows and shit like that. Oh well, I am happy with my life now

And for those wondering "OMGBBQ Y U QUIT!?", I have so much stuff going on this year, musically, recording 3 CD's, playing shows, possibly touring, and I want to be in the best shape as possible and focus on my health/music during any downtime I get, not focus on how drunk I can get. Plus I am a pussy and after one drink I feel sick

Anyway, woo go me!
*high five!* <3
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Reply With Quote
  #1782  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:49 PM
slapguitarer's Avatar
slapguitarer slapguitarer is offline
Buahahahahaha
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Jose
Posts: 5,265
More power to you John.
__________________
8/20 Amonie/Muscle & Marrow
8/21 Boris
8/22 Usnea/Lycus
8/30 Whirr
9/3 Sete Star Sept
9/19 Punch (?)
10/30 KING DIAMOND
Reply With Quote
  #1783  
Old 02-07-2013, 08:31 PM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
...some of my friends...don't want anything to do with me now that I stopped drinking...
These people are not your friends.

Congrats on making a healthy choice for your own good. Fuck the haters.
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter
8/10 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa
9/8 Man or Astro-Man?
Reply With Quote
  #1784  
Old 02-07-2013, 08:46 PM
RAZOR's Avatar
RAZOR RAZOR is offline
beware of the quiet one
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,101
That's great, John. Keep up the good work!
__________________
8/23 - Infest
Reply With Quote
  #1785  
Old 02-07-2013, 09:11 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,683
I like to occasionally have a drink or two with good friends, but I have never needed alcohol to control my life or have a good time. Keep up the great work, John!
__________________
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
http://www.thatdrummerguy.com
Reply With Quote
  #1786  
Old 02-07-2013, 09:17 PM
BloodoftheKings's Avatar
BloodoftheKings BloodoftheKings is offline
Rats off to ya
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Strong Island
Posts: 5,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
It has been exactly 2 months since I had my last drink! (so I guess that would make tomorrow my official 2 months sober day).

Sure, there are moments where I'll be at a bar for a show and I'd feel tempted to get a drink, but then I think "Meh... naw." It's a bummer though since it seems some of my friends and aquaintances don't want anything to do with me now that I stopped drinking, which I think is pathetic. I'm no different, I'm still stupid John The Drummer who yells "PANTURRUH!" at shows and shit like that. Oh well, I am happy with my life now

And for those wondering "OMGBBQ Y U QUIT!?", I have so much stuff going on this year, musically, recording 3 CD's, playing shows, possibly touring, and I want to be in the best shape as possible and focus on my health/music during any downtime I get, not focus on how drunk I can get. Plus I am a pussy and after one drink I feel sick

Anyway, woo go me!
Congrats dude. I know a guy who got sober a while back and most of his friends ditched him when he didn't want to drink and do drugs anymore. That's all that matters to some people, fuck em.
Reply With Quote
  #1787  
Old 02-07-2013, 11:31 PM
XDoomsayerX XDoomsayerX is offline
I'm reaching out for something else.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,480
My nigs Tyga and Kid Ink are gonna play UCR Heat Fest with Porter Robinson and Best Coast and some other peeps. FREE for me!
__________________
Senses Fail-10/3
Mastojira-10/17
TWY/TSSF-10/19
Tough Mudder-10/26
Real Friends/Neck Deep?-11/7
Reply With Quote
  #1788  
Old 02-07-2013, 11:50 PM
OraclesofAgony's Avatar
OraclesofAgony OraclesofAgony is offline
Born Again In Blasphemy
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 2,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
My nigs Tyga and Kid Ink are gonna play UCR Heat Fest with Porter Robinson and Best Coast and some other peeps. FREE for me!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaG5SAw1n0c

__________________
10/17 Mastodon/Gojira
Reply With Quote
  #1789  
Old 02-08-2013, 12:04 AM
christopher's Avatar
christopher christopher is offline
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Dimas, CA
Posts: 5,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
My nigs Tyga and Kid Ink are gonna play UCR Heat Fest with Porter Robinson and Best Coast and some other peeps. FREE for me!
get me a ticket so I can sing along to Best Coast with ya <3
__________________
Who needs salad when you've got Satan?
Reply With Quote
  #1790  
Old 02-08-2013, 01:26 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I like to occasionally have a drink or two with good friends, but I have never needed alcohol to control my life or have a good time. Keep up the great work, John!
I just don't drink, ever. DethMaiden can attest to this.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:13 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008