Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014

Old 12-23-2011, 01:51 PM
N00B

When Tweakbird opened for them in 2009, practically nobody was there. I remember there was some discussion of Opeth opening for them on that tour, but Mikael had to decline since they were on the first or second leg of the Watershed tour.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:01 PM
Slow, Deep And Hard

Best Tool show I've ever seen was when King Crimson opened for them at the Wiltern.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:22 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Back in 2001, when Meshuggah opened for Tool, I remember just freaking out with my buddies during Meshuggah's set up in the cheap seats while these two chicks beside us sat there looking disgusted and saying words like "awful" and "horrible", which prompted us to freak out even more. I've never really thought Tool were a great live band but they always bring some interesting openers on tour. It's a shame people just want to hear the same shit over and over -- they hear some loud noises and something other than 4/4 time and they get uncomfortable.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:40 PM
Banned Asshole

ive seen melvins, fantomas, tomahawk, meshuggah, big business, isis and tweakbird open. most were met with indifference, but fantomas was really the only one i can remember going over noticeably bad with most of the crowd, lots of booing, "get the fuck off the stage", little to no applause. irked me because the band was incredible, but i loved that they were pissing everyone off.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:00 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by detuned View Post
ive seen melvins, fantomas, tomahawk, meshuggah, big business, isis and tweakbird open. most were met with indifference, but fantomas was really the only one i can remember going over noticeably bad with most of the crowd, lots of booing, "get the fuck off the stage", little to no applause. irked me because the band was incredible, but i loved that they were pissing everyone off.
Mike Patton loves that kind of shit, I thought they were great as the crowd got progressively shittier
Old 07-27-2012, 08:53 AM
The thoughts from my mind have one question, when will I be dead?

Here is an recent update from the drummer Danny Carey:

"The TOOL thing is happening. Me, Adam and Justin are banging away. Trying to get enough [material] to get Maynard in there, but there is no wine before it's time."

SOURCE
11/28 - Slipknot/Korn
12/03 - In Flames/Opeth
12/14 - The Birthday Massacre
Old 07-27-2012, 02:11 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Good news. A little indefinite, but it's par for the course with Tool. Better than no news, I guess. :shrug:
Old 07-27-2012, 04:32 PM
N00B

If you guys are interested in keeping up with stuff like this, check out fourtheye.net. Honestly, I spend more time there than I do here.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:18 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.asp...sitemID=185839

According to The Pulse Of Radio, singer Maynard James Keenan has said that TOOL will not be releasing a new album in 2013. Keenan reportedly told Chile's Radio Futuro when asked about the prospects for the band's first new CD in seven years, "No new disc. Not this year . . . I have not written any songs. So no, there is nothing."

Keenan told The Pulse Of Radio a while back that he's always hesitant to talk about a new album until it's actually going forward. "We normally don't say anything about anything until it's actually happening, because there's a lot of people online that apparently can't read very well," he said. "I put an April Fool's notice up there for the album release, and it was 2011, I said, 'New TOOL album, such-and-such a date, 2009, and everybody ran around like, 'Oh, really, the new TOOL --?' God, you guys are dumb. I swear to God. You've got to read."

Keenan's comments will probably disappoint fans after a recent update by TOOL's webmaster stated that the other members of the band were "halfway" done with writing new music for the album.

However, an unidentified member of the band recently was injured in a scooter crash, pushing back the writing and rehearsal sessions.

TOOL hasn't released a new album since 2006's "10,000 Days", although the group has toured intermittently since then.

Keenan and his side act PUSCIFER will release their new EP, "Donkey Punch The Night", on February 19, with some touring to follow.

Although this doesn't seem like a prank, Keenan is famous for pulling them on the media. He once said he 2005 that he had "found Jesus" and was quitting the band, later promoted a book that didn't actually exist and once reported that the members of TOOL had been critically injured in a bus accident . . . so there's no trusting this guy.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:09 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Keenan and his side act PUSCIFER will release their new EP, "Donkey Punch The Night",
LOL
11/14 - Slayer