Seekers of the Truth
Signs of the Times
Life of My Own
Right Brigade(bad brains)
Attitude(bad brains)
Don't Tread on Me
We Gotta Know
Hard Times

*I know for a fact that I am missing like two or three songs. I know one or two of them were cover songs. Bad Brains I believe. If any one was at this show and would like to fix my mistake please do so. Muchos gracias *

This was my first show for 2013 and I gotta say it was indeed a great way to start what i can easily say will be one amazing year of shows. Last year my first concert for 2012 was heavy doom death brutality brought out by the boys of Autopsy, but this year my first show was a little different...

NYHC IN YO FACE NIGGA.

Thats right baby, I saw the legendary cro mags last night and i gotta say the show was nothing short of a fun filled ride full of stage diving roller coasters and pit fiestas. I'm not gonna sit hear to bitch and moan about how harley and the others are gone and how this is a "cover" band like some people do, but I will say that this current formation of cro magz kicked my ass, and took me to hell and back. Loud bass driven rhythems combined with heavy riffings mixed with johns awesome exaggerated singing brought out a nice set filled with classics from the first record leaving me in a head nodding frenzy. Only complaint I have is I wish the band played a little longer. They came on around 12:10 in the morning and the set was over by 12:50 AM. None the less i had a great time and the band sounded fantastic especially near the end of the set. At times it got a little too intense in the front for me with stage divers after stage divers pummeling into one another. BUT that is to be expected at these type of shows. Highlight of the show was "Hard times". My god that entire placed exploded with stage divers and crowed surfers colliding into one another like a bad train accident waiting to happen...it was fucking beautiful...

None the less this was a great way to start 2013. NYHC LIVES ON MOTHER FUCKERS.

Peace Folks

or should I say?...

WORLD

PEACE!!!!!

CAN'T BE DONE!!!!!

11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 02-05-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:41 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Did you see Strife?
Old 02-04-2013, 10:47 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
Did you see Strife?
Yup. They were the last band right before Cro Magz came on. They were fucking awesome. Definitely digged what I saw and heard. A good portion of the crowed came just for them because the place seemed a lot more empty once Cro Magz came on, but then again it might have just been because of the area I was standing in. Strife sound was really great as well, super crystal clear and HEAVY. They played a pretty decent set as well. Came on around 10:50ish and were done around 11:20ish I believe. Did you go to the pomona show Chris? Unfortunately I didn't run into Tregeht.
11/14 - Slayer
Old 02-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard in Black 666 View Post
Yup. They were the last band right before Cro Magz came on. They were fucking awesome. Definitely digged what I saw and heard. A good portion of the crowed came just for them because the place seemed a lot more empty once Cro Magz came on, but then again it might have just been because of the area I was standing in. Strife sound was really great as well, super crystal clear and HEAVY. They played a pretty decent set as well. Came on around 10:50ish and were done around 11:20ish I believe. Did you go to the pomona show Chris? Unfortunately I didn't run into Tregeht.
Everyone is all about Strife right now. They're a hardcore band from the early 90s that just put out a new cd that is really awesome. I unfortunately missed the Pomona show due to lack of funds and time, but I heard it was crazy! They played inside the bar. Imagine the Slidebar without an official stage, that's how the show would have been like.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
Everyone is all about Strife right now. They're a hardcore band from the early 90s that just put out a new cd that is really awesome. I unfortunately missed the Pomona show due to lack of funds and time, but I heard it was crazy! They played inside the bar. Imagine the Slidebar without an official stage, that's how the show would have been like.
That sounds fucking crazy man. Yeah I got the idea that they have been around for awhile because the singer said a couple times that they've been around for twenty years. Also the part where he said "were gonna take you back to 1995" also gave it away ahahha. Sadly I'm a noob to this band but after seeing them last night I am definitely going to check their stuff out. I had a feeling they were popular because the place got a hell of a lot more empty once Cro Magz came on. It was still packed but I felt like Strife had the place way more clogged up. I never seen the constellation room so packed. My friend and I were all the way in the back during strife but once Cro Magz came on we were in the very front so that should you give an idea of how popular strife is. Hope to see you some time soon buddy. It's been too long amigo..
11/14 - Slayer
Old 02-04-2013, 01:33 PM
N00B

im suprised you didnt hear of Strife on the Under a Pale Grey Sky cd from Sepultura. Im pretty sure Max refrences them and Cro-Mags as the opening acts.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

Missed Cro-Mags this time around,but they do put on a sick show. Same set as usual. The Bad Brains songs they usually cover are Right Brigade and Attitude. Glad you had fun.
10/31-King Diamond
Old 02-05-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elturtleboy View Post
Missed Cro-Mags this time around,but they do put on a sick show. Same set as usual. The Bad Brains songs they usually cover are Right Brigade and Attitude. Glad you had fun.
Thanks for the info, brother!! Fixed the setlist. Too bad you didn't make it down to the Santa ana show, elturtledude. A metal setlist meet up is always nice. Hopefully next time.
11/14 - Slayer
Old 02-05-2013, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguytoo9 View Post
im suprised you didnt hear of Strife on the Under a Pale Grey Sky cd from Sepultura. Im pretty sure Max refrences them and Cro-Mags as the opening acts.
I know they do a cover of "We Gotta Know" by Cro Magz but I don't remember hearing about strife. Then again I haven't heard that cd in a long time. But thanks for da info my Nizza
11/14 - Slayer

Tags
cro-mags