Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
Old 01-20-2013, 06:13 AM
Long live Ronnie James Dio

Lol...
Old 01-25-2013, 07:41 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.asp...sitemID=185335

US tour in July/August. Not part of an Ozzfest. 13 may not be the final title.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 01-25-2013, 09:57 AM
N00B

Looks like it might be a shed tour for the Summer
Old 01-25-2013, 11:49 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

That's pretty cool they wrote 16 songs for the new album. Hopefully they don't cut too many.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:06 PM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog2112 View Post
Looks like it might be a shed tour for the Summer
I dunno if BS could do amphitheaters by themselves- maybe large theaters or small arenas, but they would definitely need OzzFest to do sheds. Near the end of their run Heaven and Hell were forced to do small theaters and clubs when they started with small arenas.

I really hope this doesn't come to San Bernardino over the summer. I really don't want to drive 2 hours there and back just for a shitty lawn seat.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 01-25-2013, 03:05 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
I dunno if BS could do amphitheaters by themselves- maybe large theaters or small arenas, but they would definitely need OzzFest to do sheds. Near the end of their run Heaven and Hell were forced to do small theaters and clubs when they started with small arenas.
That's because Heaven & Hell hardly had the name recognition Black Sabbath and Ozzy do. As great as Dio was, he never came close to the level of popularity Ozzy has. Before H&H, Dio was playing venues that fit maybe 1,000 at the most, while Ozzy has always filled arenas/amphitheaters very well by himself thoughout his career. Sabbath without Ozzy also would play much smaller venues.

The fact that they haven't toured as Black Sabbath for a number of years now and Ozzy's infinite popularity should be enough for them to fill up amphitheaters in a respectable way this summer.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
That's because Heaven & Hell hardly had the name recognition Black Sabbath and Ozzy do. As great as Dio was, he never came close to the level of popularity Ozzy has. Before H&H, Dio was playing venues that fit maybe 1,000 at the most, while Ozzy has always filled arenas/amphitheaters very well by himself thoughout his career. Sabbath without Ozzy also would play much smaller venues.

The fact that they haven't toured as Black Sabbath for a number of years now and Ozzy's infinite popularity should be enough for them to fill up amphitheaters in a respectable way this summer.
Don't be surprised if this is an arena tour. Ozzy has bad allergies and severe sinus problems when playing amphitheaters. That was one reason had problems playing all of the Ozzfest dates in the past. It effected his voice from what I recall reading. I also do not think Sabbath needs Ozzfest to tour and fill up wherever they play. They would have a hard time competing against Warped, Mayhem Fest and Uproar.

I think a few solid opening acts would be better than the typical festival tour at this point. I would love to see Down, Mastodon, Gojira, Ghost, Anthrax or Machine Head be among the opening bands for this tour.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:32 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINEKILLS View Post
Don't be surprised if this is an arena tour. Ozzy has bad allergies and severe sinus problems when playing amphitheaters. That was one reason had problems playing all of the Ozzfest dates in the past. It effected his voice from what I recall reading. I also do not think Sabbath needs Ozzfest to tour and fill up wherever they play. They would have a hard time competing against Warped, Mayhem Fest and Uproar.

I think a few solid opening acts would be better than the typical festival tour at this point. I would love to see Down, Mastodon, Gojira, Ghost, Anthrax or Machine Head be among the opening bands for this tour.
I too think this will be an arena tour, because of Ozzy's allergies/vocals/etc. But even when he did the arena tour for Black Rain back in '07, the setlists still got shorter as the tour went on, which is what I'm worried about if they do an extensive tour.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:46 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochen View Post
I too think this will be an arena tour, because of Ozzy's allergies/vocals/etc. But even when he did the arena tour for Black Rain back in '07, the setlists still got shorter as the tour went on, which is what I'm worried about if they do an extensive tour.
Iommi's recent health issues are also a concern if they have a long tour as well. I haven't read much about his cancer treatment but i'm guessing everything is going well since they're planning a tour. Still, you never know what can happen and how traveling will affect him after going through all that.