MayhemFest -- Clarkston, MI -- July 17th, 2014
Winger -- Portland, ME -- July 26th, 2014
King Diamond -- Stockholm, Sweden -- July 25th, 2014
Municipal Waste -- Echo Park, CA -- July 25th, 2014

Old 01-23-2013, 06:47 PM
Fuck you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
I have all the wrestling PPV's from like 78 to 2004 from every promotion on dvd along with a shit load of of old WWF tapes, ECW, WCW, TNA , ROH, and then a couple hundred more random wrestling dvds lol.
A few of those are worth a mint if you have the original packaging & still in good condition. I know for a fact that a few of the In Your House PPVs from 1996 were only sold through mail-in and they've fetched close to 150 bucks on eBay.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:38 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
A few of those are worth a mint if you have the original packaging & still in good condition. I know for a fact that a few of the In Your House PPVs from 1996 were only sold through mail-in and they've fetched close to 150 bucks on eBay.
Well they are worth nothing now because they were all transferred from the original VHS's my dad had of them off and he threw away all the ORIGINAL WRESTLING VHS'S AFTERWARDS
Old 01-23-2013, 11:29 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

I never chimed in on the Dolph Ziggler conversation that was going on a few pages ago. I see the guy as potentially being the Curt Henning of his generation. A guy who consistently has solid matches and carries his opponents a lot of the time, but never gets to that top level. He'll never be a World Champ (except for maybe a month) but will always be in the upper-mid card having dependable matches that make a PPV worth watching (when the main event is another Cena vs. whoever). And maybe, in ten to fifteen years he'll be revered like Curt Henning is.

My biggest problem with him has always been the name. What a stupid handle they gave the guy. What was wrong with Nick Nemeth?
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation
Old 01-24-2013, 04:38 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I never chimed in on the Dolph Ziggler conversation that was going on a few pages ago. I see the guy as potentially being the Curt Henning of his generation. A guy who consistently has solid matches and carries his opponents a lot of the time, but never gets to that top level. He'll never be a World Champ (except for maybe a month) but will always be in the upper-mid card having dependable matches that make a PPV worth watching (when the main event is another Cena vs. whoever). And maybe, in ten to fifteen years he'll be revered like Curt Henning is.

My biggest problem with him has always been the name. What a stupid handle they gave the guy. What was wrong with Nick Nemeth?
Ziggler will never be revered as Henning is. Dolph just doesn't have that something special that Curt did. Henning would've been WWF champ if it wasn't for that back injury that took him out for awhile.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 01-24-2013 at 05:16 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Ziggler will never be revered as Henning is. Dolph just doesn't have that something special that Curt did. Henning would've been WWF champ if it wasn't for that back injury that took him out for awhile.
I think he has the potential. I really like what I've seen from the guy. I remember when he first showed up with that greasy mullet, I was like "you're fucking kidding me". He's done well since then.

Oh, and

Dolph Ziggler: greasy mullet
Curt Henning: greasy mullet
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation
Old 01-24-2013, 03:09 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I think he has the potential. I really like what I've seen from the guy. I remember when he first showed up with that greasy mullet, I was like "you're fucking kidding me". He's done well since then.

Oh, and

Dolph Ziggler: greasy mullet
Curt Henning: greasy mullet
Curt Henning:

A top ten all time worker both in the ring and on the mic.

A true wrestling legend in his own time and now.

Greatest IC champ of all time.

Was so good he made the IC title as important as the world title.

A FUCKIN WRESTLING GOD

Dolph Ziggler:

...... hold on i'm thinking of something.......

...... OK still thinkin.......

Oh wait, i've got it now!! The guy hasn't done shit enough to even be considered anything like Curt Henning.

The mullet is where the comparisons end. Ziggler will be 33 years old this year and has still yet to really do anything that significant and impactful in the wrestling world. When Henning was 33 he was already out of wrestling because of his back injury. He had his most memorable run as Mr. Perfect and he had a huge impact and influence on future generations of wrestlers from '88-'91. When he came back in '92 he was still very good but obviously his back issues prevented him from performing at a level a world champ would need to.

If Ziggler has all this potential, why hasn't he reached it yet? It seems to me that by this age we would know for sure how great he is, we don't though. Most main event talents by the time they get Ziggler's age, you know that they are great. How much longer does Ziggler need to prove that he is great? My answer is never because if he was, we would've seen it by now and there would be no debate about how good he is. He's a good talent, but he's just not good enough to reach the potential so many think he can.

I can't believe I actually had to put up an argument about how Ziggler is nowhere in Henning's league and never will be. Henning's body of work stands on it's own and is remembered now and will always be remembered for decades to come. Ziggler on the other hand hasn't had that memorable of a career and he never will.

I really want to like Ziggler more, but the IWC overates the crap put of him so much that it makes it hard for me to do that.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Curt Henning:

A top ten all time worker both in the ring and on the mic.

A true wrestling legend in his own time and now.

Greatest IC champ of all time.

Was so good he made the IC title as important as the world title.

A FUCKIN WRESTLING GOD

Dolph Ziggler:

...... hold on i'm thinking of something.......

...... OK still thinkin.......

Oh wait, i've got it now!! The guy hasn't done shit enough to even be considered anything like Curt Henning.

The mullet is where the comparisons end. Ziggler will be 33 years old this year and has still yet to really do anything that significant and impactful in the wrestling world. When Henning was 33 he was already out of wrestling because of his back injury. He had his most memorable run as Mr. Perfect and he had a huge impact and influence on future generations of wrestlers from '88-'91. When he came back in '92 he was still very good but obviously his back issues prevented him from performing at a level a world champ would need to.

If Ziggler has all this potential, why hasn't he reached it yet? It seems to me that by this age we would know for sure how great he is, we don't though. Most main event talents by the time they get Ziggler's age, you know that they are great. How much longer does Ziggler need to prove that he is great? My answer is never because if he was, we would've seen it by now and there would be no debate about how good he is. He's a good talent, but he's just not good enough to reach the potential so many think he can.

I can't believe I actually had to put up an argument about how Ziggler is nowhere in Henning's league and never will be. Henning's body of work stands on it's own and is remembered now and will always be remembered for decades to come. Ziggler on the other hand hasn't had that memorable of a career and he never will.

I really want to like Ziggler more, but the IWC overates the crap put of him so much that it makes it hard for me to do that.
My key word was "potential". He hasn't reached that level, and he probably never will but he might.

You never know what could happen. Who'd have thought the Ringmaster would've been so huge, or that Sin Cara would've been such a collosal failure (in some eyes).
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation
Old 01-24-2013, 06:58 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Yeah Ziggler had potential as a wrestler but instead they gave him a shitty personality and Vince will never let him do anything.

Instead the reign on Cena will continue.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:06 PM
WHAT THE FUCK...HAVE....I BECOME!!!!

This would have been waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than fucking Miz getting Falir's Figure 4.

"- The current storyline where The Miz is being pushed as the "next Ric Flair" was originally earmarked for Dolph Ziggler. With Ziggler, the idea was going to be more of Flair being his manager but Ziggler was going to be given the Figure Four and doing the same gimmick Miz is doing as a babyface.

Regarding turning Ziggler babyface, it looks like those plans have been put on hold for the time being."
Old 01-25-2013, 05:04 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Yeah Ziggler had potential as a wrestler but instead they gave him a shitty personality and Vince will never let him do anything.

Instead the reign on Cena will continue.
There's a lot you can blame on Vince, but Ziggler's lack of charisma and good mic skills isn't one of them. The guy just doesn't have the ability to connect with the WWE audience on a large scale. That is what will prevent him from going any further than he is. Maybe a face turn will change that because Dolph wrestles more like a face with the way he sells moves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister_Chalupa666 View Post
This would have been waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than fucking Miz getting Falir's Figure 4.

"- The current storyline where The Miz is being pushed as the "next Ric Flair" was originally earmarked for Dolph Ziggler. With Ziggler, the idea was going to be more of Flair being his manager but Ziggler was going to be given the Figure Four and doing the same gimmick Miz is doing as a babyface.

Regarding turning Ziggler babyface, it looks like those plans have been put on hold for the time being."
I wonder how true this is? Just seems stupid to waste something like this on The Miz. He's OK in the role he's got now but he's just never gonna be that big. Flair passing the torch to Ziggler could've been the one thing to solidify him in the main event picture. Especially if Flair did most of the talking. I think I smell a classic Flair double cross on Miz coming.

Did everyone see how bad Miz botched the figure four in his match with Ziggler on RAW? How do you fuck up a move that bad, especially when it's supposed to be your new finisher? When my brother and I used to wrestle around the house when we were kids, I was always able to put that move on him pretty easily. If we could do it at home there's no reason Miz can't do it right in the ring