Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 01-23-2013, 02:03 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Remember in the dvd when he talked about a small promotion named Steel Domain he did when he first started?

I've known him since then. Seeing him as a small child getting the shit beat out of him for like 30 minutes lol. I still have the video my dad took of it too.

Oh yeah and CM Punk only lives like 20 minutes at most from me!
Old 01-23-2013, 02:49 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
I've known him since then. Seeing him as a small child getting the shit beat out of him for like 30 minutes lol. I still have the video my dad took of it too.
You're 19 and you're talking about seeing the now 34 year old CM Punk as a small child

As far as the original pipe bomb goes, didn't they say on the DVD that the WWE knew he was gonna air his grievences but they didn't know what he was gonna say? I thought his mic getting cut off was part of the plan the whole time to make it seem more real. His mic got cut off the next week to so I think that was always supposed to be part of it.

The interviews Punk has had the last three weeks have been awesome. Too bad it will all be for nothing since we all know The Rock is winning on sunday. And why shouldn't the Rock win? He's so worthy right? Putting the belt on the Rock is like promoting a person who only works 12 hours a week at a job to the head of the company.

Punk's title reign has been so meaningful and brought so much prestige back to that shitty looking belt, that when he loses he should lose to someone who can benefit from it. Not to someone who's only here for a couple months and will be gone for the rest of the year once mania is over.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:02 PM

I should of worded that different haha. I watched Punk wrestle when I was a small child lol.

And yeah I think WWE knew he was going to say whatever was bothering him but didn't know the extant of what would be said.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:08 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Punk's title reign has been so meaningful and brought so much prestige back to that shitty looking belt

No he really hasn't. The only reason he's had it for this long is because management figured out that they can just make Cena look like he's above the belt by having him headline every PPV without a title match anyway. They made it clear that the belt doesn't mean jack shit because Cena is still their top guy. They might as well throw the belt away and call it the John Cena show at this point.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:33 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
No he really hasn't. The only reason he's had it for this long is because management figured out that they can just make Cena look like he's above the belt by having him headline every PPV without a title match anyway. They made it clear that the belt doesn't mean jack shit because Cena is still their top guy. They might as well throw the belt away and call it the John Cena show at this point.
This! He headlines everything, whether it be a title match, non title match, or even a shitty promo.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
This! He headlines everything, whether it be a title match, non title match, or even a shitty promo.
And this is 97% of the reason I stopped watching on a full time basis in 2005 when it first became the John Cena show. I started again for a while in 2006 when the DX reunion & ECW came around. After those fizzled out, I watched the Chris Benoit memorial show before anybody knew what happened surrounding that case. Then.....it became the PG circus. Since 2008, I've probably watched 10 full episodes and gone to 2 live events (Survivor Series 08 & Royal Rumble 11). Nothing about the business excites me anymore.

Meanwhile, I'm at home with every episode of Raw from 1998 to 2003, every episode of Smackdown from 1999 to 2003 & every PPV from 1998 to 2003 on my external drive. I still get goosebumps from some of those events after I haven't watched them for years.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:00 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
Meanwhile, I'm at home with every episode of Raw from 1998 to 2003, every episode of Smackdown from 1999 to 2003 & every PPV from 1998 to 2003 on my external drive. I still get goosebumps from some of those events after I haven't watched them for years.
I needa get that on mine!!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 05:02 PM

I have all the wrestling PPV's from like 78 to 2004 from every promotion on dvd along with a shit load of of old WWF tapes, ECW, WCW, TNA , ROH, and then a couple hundred more random wrestling dvds lol.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:44 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
I have all the wrestling PPV's from like 78 to 2004 from every promotion on dvd along with a shit load of of old WWF tapes, ECW, WCW, TNA , ROH, and then a couple hundred more random wrestling dvds lol.
What about Mid-South and AWA?
Old 01-23-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
What about Mid-South and AWA?
A majority of them.