Fleetwood Mac -- Minneapolis, MN -- September 30th, 2014
The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014

Old 01-19-2013, 04:26 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
Just got back from my first WWE house show. It was pretty cool!
My first house show was back in 1986. Hulk Hogan defended the title against Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff in the main event.

I'm sure your house show had a main event world title match that involved a red hot fued between two hated rivals as well. Oh wait, the WWE doesn't have rivalries like that anymore nevermind

So, what matches took place at the show?
Old 01-19-2013, 10:05 AM
D.B.B.

Um, let me see if I can remember...

Brodus Clay vs JTG

Jack Swagger vs some dude who's never on tv

The current Divas champion vs Jimmy Snucka's daughter

Damian Sandow vs some NXT dude

Damian Sandow and Cody Rhoads vs NXT dude and Rey Mysterio

John Cena vs Dolph Ziggler

Intermission

Zack Ryder vs Tensai

Antonio Ceasaro vs The Miz

CM Punk vs Ryback

Lots of rasslin, little talking.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:21 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
My first house show was back in 1986. Hulk Hogan defended the title against Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff in the main event.
Was it this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYMwC...e=context-vrec
Old 01-22-2013, 07:41 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

The line up of entrants for the Rumble this year is looking so much better than last years; a who's who of...who?

Hopefully it's a good one.

And with seven spots open I'm gonna call it now: returning will be Brock Lesnar, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Shelton Benjamin, Carlito, the New Age Outlaws and MVP.
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 01-22-2013, 02:04 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
The link isn't working. It wasn't a special show or anything, it was just a regular house show the match took place at. They had a big rivalry at the time and they probably ran this match at a lot of house shows leading up to their big steel cage match for the belt in early 1987 on an episode of saturday nights main event. Not too long after this Hogan started his fued with Andre for WM3. Imagine that today though, months of build up to a match that actually got you excited and anticipating what would happen. Orndorff was a serious threat to Hogan and him winning the belt wouldn't have been shocking, but obviously they had much bigger plans for Mania that year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
The line up of entrants for the Rumble this year is looking so much better than last years; a who's who of...who?

Hopefully it's a good one.

And with seven spots open I'm gonna call it now: returning will be Brock Lesnar, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Shelton Benjamin, Carlito, the New Age Outlaws and MVP.
The rumble match is always fun but when you already know the winner ahead of time it's not as exciting. This year it's so obvious that Cena is winning so he can take the title from the Rock at mania. No other outcome makes sense at all.

Shelton is coming back for sure. I read that he gave his notice to ROH and will be back. It would be cool to see Carlito and the NAO come back for a little while to. The midcard does need some credible guys to come back and help get the younger guys over a bit.

The only way I want MVP back is if the WWE gives him the main event push and world title run he should've rightfully had in his first time there. I really don't know how you fuck up a guy with that much star quality and main event potential. The guy just has "it" and the fact that Vince fucked that up somehow is one of the biggest mistakes he's made over the last 5 or 6 years.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:56 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
The rumble match is always fun but when you already know the winner ahead of time it's not as exciting. This year it's so obvious that Cena is winning so he can take the title from the Rock at mania. No other outcome makes sense at all.

Shelton is coming back for sure. I read that he gave his notice to ROH and will be back. It would be cool to see Carlito and the NAO come back for a little while to. The midcard does need some credible guys to come back and help get the younger guys over a bit.

The only way I want MVP back is if the WWE gives him the main event push and world title run he should've rightfully had in his first time there. I really don't know how you fuck up a guy with that much star quality and main event potential. The guy just has "it" and the fact that Vince fucked that up somehow is one of the biggest mistakes he's made over the last 5 or 6 years.
Of the guys I listed I think the most likely to return are, in order:
1&2. The New Age Outlaws
3. Hacksaw Jim Duggan (he always shows up as filler)
4. Shelton Benjamin
5. MVP
6. Carlito
7. Brock Lesnar
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 01-23-2013, 11:39 AM
WHAT THE FUCK...HAVE....I BECOME!!!!

Nice to see a thread like this here. Guess I will list my top 5 favs lol.

1. Punk
2.The American Dragon aka Bryan Danielson
3. Antonio Cesaro
4. Damien Sandow
5. Ziggler

Soon as they start single matches Ambrose and Rollins will be up there for sure
Old 01-23-2013, 11:42 AM

Also Punk's second major pipe bomb on Jan 7th was just fucking amazing. So glad WWE has been giving him free will on the mic cause he is the ultimate heel and the best person on the mic.

"You can't leave a mark on the champs face. Come Royal Rumble, understand, when you step in the ring...Your arms are too short to box with god"

:r ocker:
Old 01-23-2013, 01:14 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

They gave Punk free reign on mic because they know he will say whatever he wants anyway.

Watch his dvd they put out when he talks about it. His first free speech he did got cut off when he started bashing Vince.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
They gave Punk free reign on mic because they know he will say whatever he wants anyway.

Watch his dvd they put out when he talks about it. His first free speech he did got cut off when he started bashing Vince.
Dude, I'm a big Punk fan lol. Bought that shit on bluray first day and been following him since ROH. I seriously marked out so bad when they let him air his frustrations live like that. A lot of people thought it was fake but the real fans knew that shit was 100% RAW(no pun).

It's just nice to see them actually give someone who isn't Trips, Cena, or Rock the mic power like that.

Want more pipe bombs