Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Masked Intruder -- Kansas City, MO -- July 25th, 2014
Machine Head -- Springfield, MO -- July 25th, 2014
Downset -- Albany, NY -- July 24th, 2014
Megadeth -- Tolmin, Slovenia -- July 25th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Tinley Park, IL -- July 24th, 2014

Old 01-15-2013, 09:58 PM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Y'all be crazy. Season 6 of Dexter=some of the worst tv ever and by far worst season of the series. It felt like saw on tv

Thankfully Season 7 redeemed the show.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:44 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
Seven Psychopaths. Watched the first hour before work. Pretty good so far. It's by the writer/director of In Bruges, so it pretty much has to be great.
I'm going to check that out when the DVD is out. In Bruges was flawless in every way. The Guard is pretty good too, if you've not checked it out.

20/7 Onslaught
30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival
Old 01-16-2013, 03:57 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
Y'all be crazy. Season 6 of Dexter=some of the worst tv ever and by far worst season of the series. It felt like saw on tv

Thankfully Season 7 redeemed the show.
Season five is still the worst. Compeletly uninteresting new female in Julia Styles and an even more uninteresting enemy that Dexter was trying to catch. We were given absolutely no reason whatsoever to care about Lumen or Dexter getting Jordan Chase. The whole plot to the season was... nothing and then the way the season ended? Tell me about not giving a shit and just saying "fuck you" to the fanbase. No progression was made and nothing in the overall story arch of the Dexter character was solved in any way.

Season six started off very good then it took a complete shit in the middle and then picked back up for the last few episodes. At least Travis Marshall was an interesting villian with some character depth and had a purpose. Plus, you just can't go wrong with the ending scene of the season. One of the best cliffhangers i've ever seen for a show.

Season 7 was awesome and the show got back the feeling the had in the first two seasons. I'm really looking forward to see how they decide to end the series next season.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:07 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
I'm going to check that out when the DVD is out. In Bruges was flawless in every way. The Guard is pretty good too, if you've not checked it out.
I've been meaning to check out The Guard. Agreed about In Bruges. It's one of my all time favorites.

Watched Argo yesterday and was actually pretty surprised at how good it was.

Edit: Just got done watching Silver Linings Playbook. Wasn't exactly what I expected, but wasn't a bad film either.
8/15 Dr. Shrinker
8/16 KISS
8/23 Midnight ?
8/29 Sleep

Last edited by kalfitegrdan; 01-17-2013 at 07:45 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:30 PM

Just finished the final part of Hatfields & McCoys. Fucking excellent show.

And just discovered that finally, fucking finally, the first season of Game of Thrones starts on a free-to-air station here next Thursday, as well as the second season of Suits on a different channel the same night. And the following Sunday the rest of the first season of Person of Interest finally resumes after you peoples' goddamn ridiculous mid-season break phenomenon.

20/7 Onslaught
30/7 King Diamond
3/8 Lokerse Festival
Old 01-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
And the following Sunday the rest of the first season of Person of Interest finally resumes after you peoples' goddamn ridiculous mid-season break phenomenon.
Yeah, because it's not like you guys over there aren't doing that with the cureent season of Doctor Who

I'm not sure exactly when it started but these mid season breaks are getting pretty damn rediculous. Now I understand if the holidays cut into the season why it might be off for a few weeks, that's always happened. But other than that, unless something huge happens and you have to delay the current episodes there's no reason they can't be aired without a break.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Yeah, because it's not like you guys over there aren't doing that with the cureent season of Doctor Who

I'm not sure exactly when it started but these mid season breaks are getting pretty damn rediculous. Now I understand if the holidays cut into the season why it might be off for a few weeks, that's always happened. But other than that, unless something huge happens and you have to delay the current episodes there's no reason they can't be aired without a break.
We don't do it with Doctor Who. It's just filmed in 5-6 episodes batches. Always has been. The only breaks are between the seasonal ones like Christmas and Easter, and the remainder of the season.

You know what's really annoying? By the time most US stuff gets to free-to-air channels here, a year or more has passed since you screened yet. But we STILL put the mid-season break in - presumably as a condition of getting the license. How stupid is that?

20/7 Onslaught
30/7 King Diamond
3/8 Lokerse Festival
Old 01-18-2013, 01:45 PM

Julie Styles has been referred to as "hot" precisely too many times in the 7th/8th episodes of Dexter 5...

Just finished season 5. It's really not as shit as you're all making out. The story is descent, and Johnny Lee Miller is awesome. The problem the whole way through is Julia Styles being completely shit in the Lumen role. Maybe the Lumen role is a problem too; hard to tell without someone decent playing it.

20/7 Onslaught
30/7 King Diamond
3/8 Lokerse Festival

Last edited by ravenheart; 01-18-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:04 PM

Watching the fourth episode of 'Ripper Street'. Good stuff; coming to the US in a month or two I think.

Last night watch 'Knight & Day' (fun), 'Tron Legacy' (pretty cool), and re-watched 'Bad Santa' (clearly awesome).

20/7 Onslaught
30/7 King Diamond
3/8 Lokerse Festival
Old 01-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

I watched Bad Santa before Christmas and just still don't agree with how great a lot of people I know think it is. I think its average at best.