Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Old 01-11-2013, 11:19 PM
N00B

daniel bryan is probaly a top 5 for me in the current wwe
Old 01-12-2013, 05:30 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Am I the only person here who likes Daniel Byrant?
Do you even read this thread? Everyone here loves him from what i've read. In fact, a number of pages ago I went on about how he should be pushed as the top face in the company. At least for a little while, to give Cena a break and for Vince to decide who his next guy is gonna be. Kinda like how Bret Hart filled the gap of being the top guy between Hogan and HBK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
cesaro, d-bry, punk, kidd, gabriel, the wwe doesnt need people like sheamus and cena running the show with such great "rising stars" (quotes because punk and d-bry have already been around the block, but still fresh, compared to what vince shoves down our throats every week)
I got some bad news about Kidd, he busted his knee up bad at a recent house show and reports say he'll be out for almost a year. Him and Gabriel weren't going anywhere at all so it doesn't matter. They've been tagging for almost a year now and they've barely got any TV time. Of course it would help if either one had any character or personality to speak of that could get you behind them in the least. Being good in the ring doesn't get you much of anything in the big time, you need some kind of personality. There are very few exceptions to this, Chris Benoit being the best example. But he made everything so beliveable it was hard for people not to get behind him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinder5050 View Post
daniel bryan is probaly a top 5 for me in the current wwe
Bryan is second for me right behind Punk. After that would be Cesaro and Sandow. Punk is right at his peak now but still has a few good years left. The potential in Bryan, Cesaro and Sandow is huge and the WWE hasn't even tapped into all I feel those three are capable of.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:09 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
Like this guy said him and CM Punk need to match up again. D-bry and cesaro would put on clinics as well. Any Cesaro fans out there, he has been getting great TV time, hopefully they put him on a cool angle with someone. Also the shield kinda faded hopefully they come back again with a purpose.
The Shield unfortunately hasn't faded yet as they broke up the first match of Smackdown last night and beat up Orton costing him the match.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:11 PM
So either make a change or shut the fuck up about it already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
The Shield unfortunately hasn't faded yet as they broke up the first match of Smackdown last night and beat up Orton costing him the match.
I probably worded that wrong. I want The Shield to become bigger and have a purpose. When they attacked Orton, it just seemed random. Pretty sure they're involved with Punk somehow.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:27 PM
with his arms outstretched

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
id laugh so hard if the leader of aces and eights turned out to be...

*drum roll*

VINCE RUSSO
Or Vince McMahon...

"It was me Dixie, it was me all along!!!!"

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2
Old 01-12-2013, 05:02 PM

It seems like TNA has made a decision I actually approve of and are scaling back to four PPV's a year. I'm sure it's mostly because they hemorrhage so much money but I think that it's a good idea.

07/06 -- U2

Last edited by adamclark52; 01-12-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:45 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
It seems like TNA has made a decision I actually approve of and are scaling back to four PPV's a year. I'm sure it's mostly because they hemorrhage so much money but I think that it's a good idea.
It is a good idea to have less PPVs. It's very old school and it allows time for feuds to build up and for champions to have longer reigns. But what they're replacing the monthly PPV's with isn't. The months they don't have PPVs they will tape specially themed shows called One Night Only and it will focus on something different like one month will be the X Division and the next will be the tag team division or something. They will air on friday nights and cost $14.99.

That's right, they're gonna charge you to watch pre-taped PPVs. Dumbest idea ever since the spoilers will be out long before the show airs. This one night only concept would be better if it was on free TV but this will flop terribley for them on PPV.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
It is a good idea to have less PPVs. It's very old school and it allows time for feuds to build up and for champions to have longer reigns. But what they're replacing the monthly PPV's with isn't. The months they don't have PPVs they will tape specially themed shows called One Night Only and it will focus on something different like one month will be the X Division and the next will be the tag team division or something. They will air on friday nights and cost $14.99.

That's right, they're gonna charge you to watch pre-taped PPVs. Dumbest idea ever since the spoilers will be out long before the show airs. This one night only concept would be better if it was on free TV but this will flop terribley for them on PPV.
Of course it will. But remember; this is a company that started out as a PPV only company and taped a months worth of shows at once. And they had the Johnsons.

It's the first Gooker nominee of 2013!

07/06 -- U2
Old 01-12-2013, 09:10 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Of course it will. But remember; this is a company that started out as a PPV only company and taped a months worth of shows at once. And they had the Johnsons.

It's the first Gooker nominee of 2013!
Them starting out on PPV really wasn't a bad idea. Since they were a new company people were probably curious in checking them out, so I don't think the spoilers hurt them that badly then.

The problem is for those that don't get the PPVs online somehow, why would you pay for a show that was pre-taped 3 months before? They don't start airing these until april but they already taped the first two today. That's right, we know PPV spoilers months in advance. It's one thing to have them a week or a few days ahead but months? That's the dumbest shit i've ever heard. I'll still probably check the shows out once they show up on a torrent site but Dixie, Hogan and whoever the hell else is in charge are more out of touch than Vince if they think people are gonna pay to watch these shows.

These shows are supposed to operate sperately from the TNA storylines so I guess they're just fun shows to watch that won't have any barring on the current angles. On free TV this is a good idea but it's not for PPVs.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 01-12-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Them starting out on PPV really wasn't a bad idea. Since they were a new company people were probably curious in checking them out, so I don't think the spoilers hurt them that badly then.

The problem is for those that don't get the PPVs online somehow, why would you pay for a show that was pre-taped 3 months before? They don't start airing these until april but they already taped the first two today. That's right, we know PPV spoilers months in advance. It's one thing to have them a week or a few days ahead but months? That's the dumbest shit i've ever heard. I'll still probably check the shows out once they show up on a torrent site but Dixie, Hogan and whoever the hell else is in charge are more out of touch than Vince if they think people are gonna pay to watch these shows.

These shows are supposed to operate sperately from the TNA storylines so I guess they're just fun shows to watch that won't have any barring on the current angles. On free TV this is a good idea but it's not for PPVs.
Starting as PPV only wasn't a bad idea but the way they went about it was. Look at the wrestlecrap.com induction on it. I don't know many people who were going to pay for the Flying Elvis, midgets and Jeff Jarrett as your centerpiece every week.

And the new PPV idea could work if:
1. they do what you said and have no storyline elements
and a big
2. they go all out
If they have a X-Division only PPV they have to have at least one KILLER match on it that gets a lot of internet buzz and people will pay for it. And not just Styles vs. Daniels #2934, I mean something big. Or if they have a Hardcore one they have to do something huge that people will just want to see. They'll have to focus soley on the wrestling because I don't know how many times I skipped a Smackdown because I read the spoilers two days in advance. And they'll have to do it for every PPV.

Speaking of wrestlecrap.com, the new site is brutal.

07/06 -- U2