Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014
Helmet -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 12-26-2012, 08:30 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
EDIT : Kerry is full of shit in at least 1 aspect. He hasn't played all the leads in ANY record. It's fairly obvious the differences in the soloing styles of both. It's very clear when Jeff is playing, very clear when kerry is playing.
Oops my bad bro. I forgot to mention that Kerry also said that the only parts jeff DID record for the last 4-5 slayer albums were ONLY the solos ahahhaha. Anyways, here is the interview. Enjoy my friend. The whole thing is a great read. It just kinda comes off as Kerry shitting on Jeff. And sadly it sounds like jeff has nothing to do with the new slayer album. Pretty entertaining read.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.asp...sitemID=176373

Kerry: "Jeff hasn't done any recording in years — other than solos. I've played all the rhythm guitars since… man, the '90s. A lot of the bass, too. It's just that I play quick and I get to the track quick and I don't fuck around and take all day. So at the end of the day it becomes an efficiency issue and I'm very efficient."

That explains why the new album is pretty much done and set to come out early next year with ZERO involvement from Hanneman ...no thank you..

I need to head out to work now, but i shall be back to finish this list.
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Old 12-26-2012, 09:27 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Yeah, I remember reading that now. But at the time, I didn't really notice how much Kerry slams Jeff. Even if everything was great, it's kind of a shame that they "don't talk" when they aren't touring or recording.

07/28-Cannibal Corpse (?)
08/09-Heavy MTL (?)
08/10-Heavy MTL (?)
11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm
Old 12-26-2012, 08:12 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard in Black 666 View Post
Oops my bad bro. I forgot to mention that Kerry also said that the only parts jeff DID record for the last 4-5 slayer albums were ONLY the solos ahahhaha. Anyways, here is the interview. Enjoy my friend. The whole thing is a great read. It just kinda comes off as Kerry shitting on Jeff. And sadly it sounds like jeff has nothing to do with the new slayer album. Pretty entertaining read.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.asp...sitemID=176373

Kerry: "Jeff hasn't done any recording in years — other than solos. I've played all the rhythm guitars since… man, the '90s. A lot of the bass, too. It's just that I play quick and I get to the track quick and I don't fuck around and take all day. So at the end of the day it becomes an efficiency issue and I'm very efficient."

That explains why the new album is pretty much done and set to come out early next year with ZERO involvement from Hanneman ...no thank you..

I need to head out to work now, but i shall be back to finish this list.
Man, sometimes I feel like Kerry is just as douchey as Mustaine/Ulrich but just much less vocal about it.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
Man, sometimes I feel like Kerry is just as douchey as Mustaine/Ulrich but just much less vocal about it.
I think he's on a Lars level, but not nearly as bad as Dave.

08/09-Heavy MTL (?)
08/10-Heavy MTL (?)
Old 12-27-2012, 08:08 AM

8. Mpire of Evil

Band: Mpire of Evil
genre: HEAVY METAL
opening band: Evil Dead
Headlining Band: Onslaught
Venue: The Echoplex
Date: March 22nd, 2012

This was during the onslaught tour but i pretty much only came to see mpire of evil. Onslaught was pretty meh and I have already seen Evil dead headline at a festival a couple years ago. Great performance by Mpire of Evil. Mantas's Guitar tone was extremely heavy and those "Venom" songs just came out beautifully. The highlight of the night was during the end of the show. I left in the middle of onslaughts set because they were boring the shit out of me, but holy mother of god it was totally worth it because I had a nice "Epic" one on one moment with dolan and Mantas through out the rest of the show all the way down till onslaughts set was over in which we were yelled at and told by security to get the fuck out of here ahahha(we were hanging outside for a good 20 minutes). Basically Mantas and Dolan were drunk as shit and I started going on like a blabbering fool on how incredible their performance was, and how their music inspired so many awesome bands(for those that don't know: Mpire of evil consists of original members from VENOM). I must have been outside with them for a good 20 something minutes just kicking it OLD-SCHOOL . ahahhaha Dolan was hammered as hell and couldn't stop hugging me ahahha NO HOMOE. Mantas kept shaking my hand every twelve seconds . This was seriously one of the best ways a show could end for me. Just hanging out with two legends and kicking it old school. Here is a review from the show incase anyone wants to check it out. Good times good times

Mpire of evil review
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=19909

Once again, hate to pull it but I gotta dip out to work. Have a good one folks
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 12-27-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:55 PM

7. Inspectah Deck

Artist: Inspectah Deck
Genre: Hip Hop
Venue: Malones Bar & Grill
Date: July 30th, 2012

Inspectah Deck from the legendary wu tang clan made a rare yet awesome solo-performance at a bar only five minutes away from my house. I decided to see him as a very VERy last minute call as i figure "eh what the hell, why not?" I love me some wu tang and plus a good buddy of mine asked me to go with em' so i figured HIP HOP gig with a good pal sounds like smashing good times. The 4-5 times I've seen Inspectah Deck(with wu tang clan) Inspectah Deck has always came off as really bad and super raspy in a live setting. Fool can barely hold on his own and can't rap for shit(with most of the members spitting the verses for him) . I decided to go to this show after a hard day of work with a good pal of mine. I got off around 11pm to meet up with my buddy to go see the legendary wu tang member only to get there by midnight and have to endure a couple more shitty local Orange County rapper openers... and it was already passed midnight

The reason this show ended up being ranked so high was honestly just for one thing and simply one thing only....

The atmosphere....

Holy shit... In my years of hip hop/metal shows i HAVE never ever Ever EVER seen a turn out this bad. Holy mother of god and what shocked me and my friend the most was that this wasn't some random ass half assed lame carbon copy crap ass local rapper douche bag selling some 2 $ demos trying to get himself out there...

Naw, THIS WAS FUCKING REBEL I.N.S of the legendary Wu Tang Clan. Blows me away at how horrible rappers like lil' wayne are selling out stadiums/arenas but peole like inspectah deck who has put out some of the greatest hip hop albums of all time(ENTER THE 36 CHAMBER, WU TANG FOREVER) get no more than 10-12 heads at his gig....THAT'S THE RESPECT YOU GIVE TO YOUR ELDERS???? Maaann fuck that. Sorry to sound so repetitive but It just blew my mind away at how shitty of a turn out this show was. There must have been a total of 30-40 people at the bar, about 25-28 were all the waaaaay in the back just playing pool while only 12-15 people were over at the stage area for inspectah deck...My friend and I count for two of those twelve-fifteen people there.

Now I know I have been coming off as a negative nancy over the whole turn out but now here is where the positive stuff kicks in!!!!

The bar was so empty that after two song into the set Inspectah Deck decides to come off stage to perform for the remainder of the show on the floor with the fans!! Something I have never ever seen or witness a hip hop artist do in all my years of attending hip hop shows, yeah sure i seen rappers come off stage to walk around and perform a song or two(KRS, planet asia, immortal technique, rakim, a tribe called quest always come to mind), but NOT FOR 45-50 minutes!!!!. It was one of the most incredible, most epic, most mind blowing experience I have ever had a rap gig. I was in hip hop euphoria and it was easily one of the best rap shows I have ever attended and easily THE BEST RAP GIG OF 2012! Once inspectah deck hopped off stage my friend and I immediately huddle with the other 12 fans to create a nice little tiny circle for da' inspectah to perform. I wasn't a couple feet or a few feet away from the Rebel I.N.S. Nope...

I was...to simply put...

ALL UP IN HIS GRILL, I was literally right up in front of inspectah decks face screaming and shouting out all the classics with him from "CREAM", "Guillitine Swords", to the classic "Sparring Minds". I was so up close to the point that I was pretty much getting all my saliva splashed onto inspectah decks face(I have a tendency of spraying loads of spits at all directions when I sing at rap/metal gigs.)

SURPRISINGLY The Rebel INS sounded spot on(for his age at least) and in really great spirits. He was holding down the fort in away that i had never seen the inspectah do. This show was hands down The best performance I have ever seen by him but the best part of the show were not even the wu tang songs.... The best part of the set was actually hearing the un-expected deep cuts that inspectah deck has done with other artists/producers.

The best part of the night(other than being right up, close and personal with the legendary INS)was hands down when the instrumental for "Above the Clouds" dropped. For those that are not familiar; "Above the Clouds" is a song by the Legendary Hip Hop duo "Gangstarr" which consist of the late rapper Guru(rest in peace), and hands down the greatest hip hop instrumental beat maker of all time "DJ PREMIER". Inspectah Deck also happens to have a spot on this song(which is on Gangstarrs 5th album; MOMENT OF THE TRUTH). Once the beat for "Above the clouds" dropped I start getting the most euphoric most mind explosive "high" ever....and just so you all know I was sober as a duck at this show!!! All of a sudden I hear that familiar DJ premier introduction with the epic crazy samples being spunned at the beginning and I just start getting all sorts of crazy chills taking over my mind, spine, BODY AND SPIRIT... My friend and I look right at eacher and scream "ABOVE THE CLOUDS?!?!?!?!??!?!"(he also loves gangstarr just as much as I do) . We start jumping up and down in euphoric hip hop bliss as the classic DJ Premier beat starts blasting on all amps. Once the beat kicks into gear the I.N.S. starts spitting his verse of the classic Gangstarr tune with spitting bullets hitting from all direction. It was fucking incredible to say the least, and one of my favorite moments of all time at a rap gig. The closest I'll ever get to hearing a gangster song in a live setting; hearing Inspectah decks verse from Above the clouds was legendary.. He brought his monumental verse from the classic song and brought it to a live setting in a way that i will never forget....END OF CONCERT RANT

Here are some videos from the show. For those that are interested in seeing what i look like you can get a pretty good look at mr Sepultura69 in some of these videos. The first video is when inspectah deck gets on stage. suffice to say there is pretty much ZERO people in the front. I am the guy standing right next to that black dude. The black dude is on the left and I am on the right. That black dude also happens to be the friend that I attended the show with. Yup, that's my nigga and I going fucking crazy...From there on you can find other video with and that nigga going crazy to inspectah deck(only this time he's performing on the bar room floor with the fans)

Inspectah Deck getting on stage to perform the first two songs of the set. I'm the guy in the very front with glasses standing and talking next to that short black dude(who happens to be my good buddy of all almost a decade!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTe3XqJ-KDc

Above the Clouds!!! you can spot me for a couple seconds with my nigga going crazy during this epic heavy performance!!! I'm getting fucking goosebumps watching this video. Such an incredible performance(this post doesn't do it any justice...you just had to have been there to feel the awesome atmosphere. The epic beat mixed with inspectah decks epic lyrics brought to a live setting was just one of the greatest moments of my life in attending RAP shows...i jizzed in my pants when this shit dropped..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol0VjXlO-hs

INS performing Guillitine swords, COLD WORLD, and CREAM with me on the far left side of the screen going crazy and moving my arms around in all directions to the flow of the beat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI5Un6mrD9c

Sorry for the super long rant guyszzz. Please forgive da' Brotha

I would also like to inform everyone that this is the last hip hop post of the entry....Now it's time to get back on that Meh-MEH-METAL!!!

Metal?

Metal!!!!!!!

until next time
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 01-02-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:29 PM

I just realized from watching those videos that i'm wearing my Pantera Far Beyond Driven shirt. ahahha Reppin' old school metal at an old school hip hop show.
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Old 01-03-2013, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard in Black 666 View Post
I just realized from watching those videos that i'm wearing my Pantera Far Beyond Driven shirt. ahahha Reppin' old school metal at an old school hip hop show.
Fuck yeah.

Awesome review, man. The older I get, the less and less I find myself listening to rap. I do it so little now, it's pretty rare. However, I've always been a big Wu-Tang fan and some of my favorite verses are Inspectah Deck's. Can't really get into his solo stuff that for whatever reason. But his verse in Triumph. One of the best. verses in hip-hop history IMO. Such a shame to see a doo-doo turnout like this show had, but it seems like he and his crew made the most of it and still put on a hell of a show! Man, I need to see Wu-Tang in full.

Method Man is playing in Montreal next week, but tix are $54. I like him, but not that much.

08/09-Heavy MTL (?)
08/10-Heavy MTL (?)
Old 01-03-2013, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
Fuck yeah.

The older I get, the less and less I find myself listening to rap. I do it so little now, it's pretty rare.
Me too. As much as i come on this board and boast about how awesome hip hop is I actually don't really listen to the genre that much at all these days. Infact the only time i really listen to hip hop now is when i'm going to go see that artist in concert or if i wanna try to motivate myself to getting my goddamn hip hop thread finished(which probably won't be done for awhile ahhaha). 90% of the time I'm pretty much just listening to Metal(the other 10% being random stuff like Trip Hop/post rock/psychedelic and other genres of music).

I have to head out to work now but i will eventually be back to dish out the next 6 shows when i get a chance. Forgive my laziness.. Unlike the other folks on this board I like to take my sweet time with these threads(although i'm pretty sure you already got that idea from my hip hop thread which was made back in november of 2011 ahahhaa).
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Old 01-03-2013, 07:10 AM
N00B

I just wanted to say awesome reviews man, I really like the detailed write ups.

I have never really gotten into old school hip hop or gone to a rap show but this has inspired me to give it a try during 2013.
04/24 - Nile