Queensryche -- Uncasville, CT -- April 19th, 2014
Scott Stapp -- London, England -- April 23rd, 2014
Megadeth -- Quito, Ecuador -- April 22nd, 2014
Ghost -- Lawrence, KS -- April 22nd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 12-31-2012, 12:54 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Christopher's review of 2012

My top 10 albums of 2012. I love them all so much that I can't really rank them above each other.

Terrorizer - Hordes of Zombies
Black Breath - Sentenced to Death
Cattle Decapitation - Monolith of Inhumanity
Murder Construct - Results
Municipal Waste - Fatal Feast
POOR - Extinction of Trust
Highlonesome - The Gospel According to..
Saint Vitus - Lillie F-65
OFF! - OFF!
Master - The New Elite

My favorite shows.

1. Saint Vitus - 10/13/2012 at The Glass House in Pomona, CA:
This was my favorite show this year. I want to thank all my ms buddies for making it such an amazing day. It was a free show featuring Saint Vitus, The Casualties and Atheist. Every band put on an amazing performance. I got to get Dave and Wino to sign my Thirsty and Miserable vinyl. I asked Dave if he could play it for me, but he said Scion wouldn't allow them to do covers, but they played it anyways. Then afterwards, we all went back to my place and got super drunk and had a good time celebrating my birthday!

2. Cattle Decapitation - 9/15/2012 at the Glass House in Pomona, CA:
This show was amazing. The lineup was Cattle Decap with Six Feet Under and Battlecross. This show was so awesome because Cattle Decapitation played Monolith of Inhumanity from start to finish. I love that album so much and it was great to hear it played all the way through. I left 3 songs into SFU's set cause I was heading to Disneyland with my girlfriend that day, but I did hear them cover CC and treghet and I couldn't stop laughing at how terrible Barnes sounds hahaha

3. Origin - 5/7/2012 at the Slidebar in Fullerton, CA
Another amazing free show featuring Origin, Decrepit Birth, Aborted, Rings of Saturn and Battlecross. srm90 and a few of my friends decided it would be a good idea to make dinner reservations that night so we had guaranteed access to the show. It was a good thing we did cause the show reached capacity before we got there. We all decided to get a burger called The Cowboy From Hell burger. It was this big ass delicious burger with lots of habanero on it. It was so spicy we kept having to pound our beer, which we made the mistake of getting New Castle cause its not the best beer to pound while eating lots of food haha. That and our extremely garlicy fries just led way to a disaster. We all walked into the show room to see Aborted and it was packed way over capacity. It was so hot in there that we were all drenched in sweat in a matter of minutes. The problem with that was, we started sweating out the garlic we consumed, so we just smelled way worse than needed. Then the beer and food hit us, so we felt like our bellies were going to explode haha. Even though Aborted was awesome, we all felt like and smelled like shit. By the time Decrepit Birth came on, the room cleared out and we felt a little better. The rest of the show was pretty badass.

4. James Hunnicutt - 2/27/2012 at Max Steiners in Long Beach, CA
This is yet another free show I went to this year. This show will never be forgotten. James is a friend of mine who plays solo acoustic guitar. He has such an amazing voice and is a very talented musician. Though his musical taste varies, he normally tours country material. We had arrived right when he started playing and there we only two people in the bar watching him. He saw me and my friend and was happy to see that we made it out to see him again. He played two long ass sets and we got to pick the setlist. He just told us to tell him what we wanted to hear and he would be happy to play it for us. We then got to hang out with him after and talked until the bar closed. The next night we got to see him again at the Doll Hut in Anaheim, CA. A lot more people showed up, but he still hung out with us a lot, then he came back to my place and we all stayed up talking to him until almost 4am about metal and Star Wars. It was pretty awesome. I definitely can't wait for him to come to town cause we made plans to go to Legoland haha

5. Converge - 10/28/2012 at the Echoplex in Echo Park, CA
Yes, I bet you guessed it right, this was another FREE show for me haha My friend won tickets to this, so that was pretty much the only reason we went. We got there a little late, so we only saw Nails and Converge. Nails finally changed up their set by including a few new songs and a few songs from the first release that they don't play too often. They added a second guitarist, so they sound a LOT better now! I also really liked the new songs, so I can't wait for the new album to come out. Converge played a long awesome set. I was drunk and in the front for half of it. The singer was in my face the entire time I was there and I'll never forget singing along to All We Love We Leave Behind.

Other awesome free shows I went to:
Murder Construct with Destroyed in Seconds and ACxDC at the Slidebar
Black Breath with Martyrdod and Enabler at Glass House
Skarp at the Glass House
Filthy Still at Max Steiners and Doll Hut
D.I. at Slidebar
Morbid Angel with Grave at Grove of Anaheim

I had a great year full of free concerts!!

I also paid for a few shows:

Dillinger Escape Plan with Nails at the Eagle Rock Art Center in Eagle Rock, CA on 1/18/2012:
This show was pretty badass. It was my first time seeing DEP and they were fucking crazy! The singer climbed an 8 foot amp that was onstage and staged dived from it. The band doesn't use gravity in their live sets haha

Social Distortion on 2/18/2012 in Pomona, Ca at the Fox Theater:
I had to buy my tickets from a scalper, but I was able to find one fast and got into the pit to get a wrist band. It was my second time seeing Social D and they put on a great show as always. I didn't realized Mike Ness played lead guitar until that show, it was pretty cool to see.

Nasum in May, 2012 at the Black Castle in Inglewood, CA:
I hate this venue soo much, but had to go when I found out Nasum was only playing one show in my area. Nausea and Landmine Marathon opened up. I was super stoked to Nausea because they played a few Terrorizer songs!!! Nasum put on an amazing performance as well. I went crazy when they did my Inhale/Exhale songs!

Slayer on 6/30/2012 in Devore, CA for Mayhem fest:
I took my girlfriend to see Slayer and she hated it haha She described the mayhem fest as being a white trash swap meet. I had a blast seeing how much she hated the show and I also loved it when Slayer played Jesus Saves and Alter of Sacrifice!!

Leftover Crack in July, 2012 at the Black Castle in Inglewood, CA:
Like I said before, I hate the Black Castle but couldn't miss seeing LOC. They also played in Santa Ana the night before, but I had work and couldn't make it out to the show. I had a fun time, but was very disappointed when they played a very short set. Everyone was having such a good time, then it ended out of nowhere. I think they only played about 35 minutes. It was also a bummer to find out Ezra was no longer in the band.

Taking Back Sunday on 10/24/2012 at the Fox Theater in Pomona, CA:
I took my girlfriend to see TBS perform Tell All Your Friends from start to finish plus a best of set. I met up with xdoomsayerx and we all had a blast watching the show.

Goddamn Gallows on 10/27/2012 at the Fox Theater in Pomona, CA:
I met up with a friend to see one of my favorite bands open for Tiger Army and 45 Grave. I always love seeing Goddamn Gallows. My friend is really close with the band, so we got to go hang out back stage for the remainder of the show after their set. I missed 45 Grave and saw a few songs from Tiger Army, but it was seriously such a fun night.

I think I've had a pretty amazing year. I went to a lot of great shows and have some great memories. I had a lot of good times going to Disneyland with my girlfriend. I hope next year is just as amazing!!
6/6-Ink n Iron
6/13-Goddamn Gallows
8/28-8/31-Muddy Roots
Old 12-31-2012, 01:14 PM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Greatd read! Super mad jelly that ya got to go to that DEP show, when me and my friend had the $$ to buy tix it was soldout. Also couldnt attend the slidebar show cuz I wasnt 21 at the time,same thing happened with ETID there. Also now that I have listened to Cattle Decap and Converge more I regret not attending those shows but hey Converge tours all the time at least. 2012 was an awesome year with great shows and I'm sure I'll meet up with ya at more shin digs!
Basement-8/12
Old 12-31-2012, 01:19 PM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

5/17-Midnight/Speedwolf
Old 12-31-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
Greatd read! Super mad jelly that ya got to go to that DEP show, when me and my friend had the $$ to buy tix it was soldout. Also couldnt attend the slidebar show cuz I wasnt 21 at the time,same thing happened with ETID there. Also now that I have listened to Cattle Decap and Converge more I regret not attending those shows but hey Converge tours all the time at least. 2012 was an awesome year with great shows and I'm sure I'll meet up with ya at more shin digs!
I remember I had heard DEP was playing with Nails at the Slidebar in January, so I was trying to look up info one night to see if it was true and just randomly found a link to tickets for the DEP show in Eagle Rock. I decided to buy it while I could and later found out the show sold out super fast. I was just really lucky haha.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Theories played the Murder Construct show and Cattle Decap played the Origin show.
6/6-Ink n Iron
6/13-Goddamn Gallows
8/28-8/31-Muddy Roots
Old 12-31-2012, 01:36 PM
though the vocals can be a little to extreme for me some times

I wanna come up and see shows with you all
Old 12-31-2012, 02:41 PM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
I wanna come up and see shows with you all
So Cal would be a heaven for you! Seriously you would be attending shows non stop.
Basement-8/12
Old 01-01-2013, 12:29 AM

I guess since I forgot to include it, I'm going to name this album of the year for me since the title track was my favorite song that came out this year.

Converge - All We Love We Leave Behind
6/6-Ink n Iron
6/13-Goddamn Gallows
8/28-8/31-Muddy Roots
Old 01-02-2013, 07:06 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
My top 10 albums of 2012. I love them all so much that I can't really rank them above each other.

1. Saint Vitus - 10/13/2012 at The Glass House in Pomona, CA:
This was my favorite show this year. I want to thank all my ms buddies for making it such an amazing day. It was a free show featuring Saint Vitus, The Casualties and Atheist. Every band put on an amazing performance. I got to get Dave and Wino to sign my Thirsty and Miserable vinyl. I asked Dave if he could play it for me, but he said Scion wouldn't allow them to do covers, but they played it anyways. Then afterwards, we all went back to my place and got super drunk and had a good time celebrating my birthday!

nd treghet and I couldn't stop laughing at how terrible Barnes sounds hahaha
That show must have sucked because a certain "some-one" is missing in that photo. He happens to be about 6'2-6'3, pretty thin/slim middle eastern guy that listen to too much Sepultura. And his favorite "position" is the 69
5/11 - Saint Vitus
Old 01-02-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard in Black 666 View Post
That show must have sucked because a certain "some-one" is missing in that photo. He happens to be about 6'2-6'3, pretty thin/slim middle eastern guy that listen to too much Sepultura. And his favorite "position" is the 69
I hit you up that day! You told me you weren't going make it out and were just going to hit up the Santa Ana show instead.
6/6-Ink n Iron
6/13-Goddamn Gallows
8/28-8/31-Muddy Roots
Old 01-02-2013, 07:17 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
I hit you up that day! You told me you weren't going make it out and were just going to hit up the Santa Ana show instead.
I know man, i'm just pulling your leg. I'm surprised that Hank III show didn't pop up on your list. 3 Hour set sounds pretty gnarly.
5/11 - Saint Vitus